LaMelo Ball is getting No. 1 pick buzz after his first games in Australia

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The feedback from NBA scouts was nearly unanimous.
“If he keeps this up, I don’t see any way he isn’t in the conversation for the No. 1 overall pick,” one NBA executive told ESPN. “He completely changed my perception of the type of prospect he is, and all of the background info I gathered here from his coaches and teammates paint a very different story of what I thought about him off the court as well.”
“He reminds me of Luka Doncic,” a scout said. “Just in terms of his size, his feel and his creativity.”

Omar

He looks good vs weaker competition. I guess he’s playing Defense and not constantly taking 3 pt shots near half court? Even if he is the #1 pick, I think the blue bloods would never have recruited him bc his dad is too much to deal with. And if I were an NBA team, I’d have the same concern.

nwwarrior09

Totally different prospect vs. a couple years ago when he was like 5'10 or so and casually pulling up to chuck shots in high volume from anywhere inside of halfcourt.

At a lengthy 6'6+ with reasonable shot selection and a willingness to play both ends of the floor he probably is a high-end NBA prospect. If he winds up with a similar physical profile to Lonzo + shooting ability he's definitely a top-3 pick unless his draft class is loaded.

Red14

Another Ball that will disappoint? First time shame on you, second time shame on me. :ROFLMAO:

nwwarrior09

If only some people on yappi could grow up too.
I don't think most people have processed that virtually all of their negative perceptions of this kid are from when he was 13-15 years old and should not have had such a big spotlight or media presence on him, but did due to having an obnoxiously loudmouthed and media whoring dad and very talented older brothers.

It seems like he's been around for forever at this point and he just turned 18 last month. Excellent piece by Scott Van Pelt.