Lakers promote Magic Johnson to president of basketball operations

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Interesting move. Seems to be mostly about PR by bringing in the "popular player" from the past. Maybe Kobe could be the General Manger...

In a dramatic move that drastically reshapes the leadership structure of one of the NBA's most illustrious franchises two days before the league's trade deadline, the Los Angeles Lakers have named Hall of Famer Magic Johnson as their new president of basketball operations while firing both longtime general manager Mitch Kupchak and executive vice president of basketball operations Jim Buss.

"Today I took a series of actions I believe will return the Lakers to the heights Dr. Jerry Buss demanded and our fans rightly expect," Lakers president and co-owner Jeanie Buss, Jim's sister, said in a statement Tuesday. "Effective immediately, Earvin Johnson will be in charge of all basketball operations and will report directly to me.

Read more:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ic-johnson-charge-fire-mitch-kupchak-jim-buss

Great move! He would of pulled the trigger on the Demarcus Cousins trade for Brandon Ingram this past weekend.......goodbye Jim Buss:clap::clap:

I'm a Lakers fan and the worst decision was getting rid of Jerry West as general manager. Now he's the general manager at Golden State. No person in the world can judge talent like Jerry West

Jerry West is on the board of directors of the Warriors. Bob Myers would be most disappointed to learn that Jerry is the GM. Agreed that Jerry can spot talent. Mitch Kupchak certainly never filled his shoes.

Let's hope Magic is a better executive than he was a coach.

Jerry West is on the board of directors of the Warriors. Bob Myers would be most disappointed to learn that Jerry is the GM. Agreed that Jerry can spot talent. Mitch Kupchak certainly never filled his shoes.

Let's hope Magic is a better executive than he was a coach.

Or worse, talk show host.

Former super agent Rob Pelinka (Rob Lowe lookalike) hired as GM.

Already dealt Lou Williams for Corey Brewer and an unprotected 1st round draft pick. Good moves.

Former super agent Rob Pelinka (Rob Lowe lookalike) hired as GM.

Already dealt Lou Williams for Corey Brewer and an unprotected 1st round draft pick. Good moves.

Rob Pelinka played with the Fab Five at Michigan, he was one of the vets. Lou Williams will help the Rockets. Rockets will be a tough out in the West this year.