Lake Catholic 2019-20

Cougar Nation

Senior PG Luke Frazier has announced his commitment to the Dayton Flyers.

Lukas Frazier, a 6-4 guard from Lake Catholic, has committed to Dayton.

Frazier is our no. 7 ranked prospect in 2020 and the fourth rising junior in Ohio to commit to a D-I program.

Senior PG Luke Frazier has announced his commitment to the Dayton Flyers.

Lukas Frazier, a 6-4 guard from Lake Catholic, has committed to Dayton.

Frazier is our no. 7 ranked prospect in 2020 and the fourth rising junior in Ohio to commit to a D-I program.

Great news for the young man.

When was the last Lake Catholic boys basketball player to get a D-1 basketball scholarship? Could it be Dave Youdath to Cleveland State all the way back in the class of 1980?

For all the individual and team athletic success in football and girls volleyball Lake has had over the years, boys basketball hasn’t been as blessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any truth to the rumor one of Lake's better players is transferring to Andrew Osbourn like Andy Barba did ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart

Any truth to the rumor one of Lake's better players is transferring to Andrew Osbourn like Andy Barba did ?

Which one are you talking about? Frazier or Eller? Either way Andrews Osborne will have the deepest 8-9 players in Ohio next year.

If any truth to that rumor, that will hurt Lake this season.

If I was Luke or Luka I would leave in a heartbeat. Both talents were not used properly enough. They ran almost zero action to get these two open shots and to keep them involved. Moran is the reason if Luke or Luka leave.

If I was Luke or Luka I would leave in a heartbeat. Both talents were not used properly enough. They ran almost zero action to get these two open shots and to keep them involved. Moran is the reason if Luke or Luka leave.

The only dilemma for Luke and Luka is that unless they transfer to a prep school, they would have to lose their eligibility for their last postseason appearance

When did that school become any kind of destination for boys basketball?

There is a prep school (much like Spire) operating out of Andrew Osborne - that is where these kids are leaving to play for.

Any ideas on when this school started? Just started hearing about Spire basketball within the last couple of years.Maybe I haven't paid attention but I never heard about this school.

Any ideas on when this school started? Just started hearing about Spire basketball within the last couple of years.Maybe I haven't paid attention but I never heard about this school.

The name of the school is ISA and I'm pretty sure they started operating out of Andrew Osborne last year.

Posted on Lake Catholic twitter feed:

This coming Saturday Luke Frazier and Luka Eller will be participating in the
OHSBCA Showcase down in Columbus.

You’re so full of it it’s funny. So which player is leaving Bball216, Luke or Luka?

And where did you hear this ridiculous rumor? Babe John?

Good luck with Elvis running the show.

Tuesday, December 3rd - Willoughby South
Saturday, December 7th - @Erie Prep
Friday, December 13th - Hoban*
Friday, December 20th - @ccc*
Saturday, December 21st - @Bedford
Friday, December 27th - St. Francis DeSales @Newark Holiday Tournament
Saturday, December 28th - Newark or Oak Hills @Newark Holiday Tournament
Friday, January 3rd - Benedictine*
Tuesday, January 7th - Ursuline
Friday, January 10th - @VASJ*
Saturday, January 18th - @Gilmour
Tuesday, January 21st - Walsh Jesuit
Friday, January 24th - @Hoban*
Tuesday, January 28th - NDCL
Friday, January 31st - CCC*
Tuesday, February 4th - @Cornerstone Christian
Friday, February 7th - @Benedictine*
Tuesday, February 11th - @NDCL
Friday, February 14th - VASJ*
Tuesday, February 18th - Holy Name
Friday, February 21st - Padua
Saturday, February 22nd - @Mentor

* NCL

What will LC record be with that schedule?
It’ll be 16-6 with sweeps of Benedictine and VASJ, a split with Cleveland Central Catholic (losing by 2 points on their home court), beating Holy Name, knocking off Mentor at their gym and stopping their home court winning streak, a 9-game winning streak, and winning co-champs of NCL.

Here is the big question - will Lake ever advance out of the district with their 2 D1 recruits. The Cougars have not advanced on their first 3 tries and faces a HUGE challenge trying to get past Lutheran East. Lake gets all kinds of press for the two D1 kids they have but I would say they horribly underachieved if they never advance past districts in 4 years.

Here is the big question - will Lake ever advance out of the district with their 2 D1 recruits. The Cougars have not advanced on their first 3 tries and faces a HUGE challenge trying to get past Lutheran East. Lake gets all kinds of press for the two D1 kids they have but I would say they horribly underachieved if they never advance past districts in 4 years.
I don't know, guy! If you are defining success as having to get by Lutheran East, that's setting the bar awfully high! Lol!

You are still here saying bull crap. Horribly underachieved? All kinds of press for 2 D1 kids? They were in regionals their freshman year.

This thread only has like 20 posts. Everyone go read bball216 posts on this thread.

After Babe stunt last night, I can see why your on an Lake thread getting your jabs in. Sad what’s happening at Joes this season.

Here is the big question - does bball216 know anything about high school basketball in northeast Ohio? Obviously not.

I don't know, guy! If you are defining success as having to get by Lutheran East, that's setting the bar awfully high! Lol!

This guy is as bad as the guy from Brush. He hates LC as you can just go read previous posts of his. And he’s upset about Joes embarrassing season and LC beating Mentor last night, so all his posts today are negative about LC.

Him and Brush guy might be the same. Both losers

Lake went to regionals their freshman year and have not returned since - and it's very probable they will not this year either. You dont think they should have had more success ? VASJ has had a horrible and uncharacteristic season - but they were a game away from state just last year. The Vikings will be back - how will Lake be next year ? Based on watching the JV and Freshman play not very good. The cupboard is pretty bare for the Cougars after this season. The Vikings will be back - but we knew this year would be tough. Ended up being worse then expected - but that happens sometimes. While Joe's will not be SVSM or possibly Lutheran East good next year - I expect them to be much better.