Week 3: Holy Name
Week 4: @Cleveland Heights
Week 5: Cardinal Mooney
Week 6: @Hoban
Week 7: Benedictine
Week 8: @NDCL
Week 9: Padua
Week 10: @Walsh Jesuit

Never thought we would playing Holy Name again, but they were a playoff team this past season. Last time LC played Cleveland Heights I believe was 2003. Don't know much about St. John.

Last edited:

Interesting schedule. 4-1 would put them in good shape going into the NCL. Without knowing too much about what to expect for next year at this point, that would seem to be more realistic than the previous schedule. I assume Hoban is going to be a bear again. Probably Bennies as well.

This is a make or break year for O'Donnell.

Lake Catholic Cougars

Week 1: Toledo St. John
Week 2: @Erie McDowell
Week 6: @NDCL
Week 7: @Hoban
Week 8: Benedictine

Never thought we would playing Holy Name again, but they were a playoff team this past season. Last time LC played Cleveland Heights I believe was 2003. Don't know much about St. John.

Lake Catholic Cougars

Week 1: Toledo St. John
Week 2: @Erie McDowell
Week 6: @NDCL
Week 7: @Hoban
Week 8: Benedictine

...see you wk 5 Buckwheat!

Looks like Cleveland Heights has a NCL parlay going, Benny and Lake Catholic on the schedule in 2016.

Looks like Cleveland Heights has a NCL parlay going, Benny and Lake Catholic on the schedule in 2016.

...Auggie, Cleveland Heights is also playing Mooney in wk #1, so they must feel pretty good about their 2016 team

Interesting schedule. 4-1 would put them in good shape going into the NCL. Without knowing too much about what to expect for next year at this point, that would seem to be more realistic than the previous schedule. I assume Hoban is going to be a bear again. Probably Bennies as well.

Just curious why this is "a make or break year for O'Donnell." in your opinion.

Are people not happy with him?
Is it for legit reason(s)?
Are you just saying they would look elsewhere if not a "good season".

Not picking a fight......just asking as I'm curious as to why you put it that way.

I would be considered an "O'Donnell guy", but the whole Bell to O'Donnell transition was not particularly awesome. There are quite a few people still upset Bell is gone. You have that plus general dislike for Sal and people equate O'Donnell with Sal.

So, there's that dynamic plus the playoff drought, which I assume is the longest since the 1980s at this point. Getting back to the playoffs is a must right now.

I like the schedule. Not quite the murderers row it was in the past but a good mix of large and quality programs on it. Definitely some attainable Harbins there.

Just curious why this is "a make or break year for O'Donnell." in your opinion.

Are people not happy with him?
Is it for legit reason(s)?
Are you just saying they would look elsewhere if not a "good season".

Not picking a fight......just asking as I'm curious as to why you put it that way.

...Auggie, Cleveland Heights is also playing Mooney in wk #1, so they must feel pretty good about their 2016 team

Or our other pubs are shying away from them so they need to go the private route in the non-conference schedule?

I'm guessing it's more of this. Also probably part of a Rotsky hangover as other publics would have avoided playing him if possible.

Or our other pubs are shying away from them so they need to go the private route in the non-conference schedule?

Not sure how they could have McDowell PA on the schedule already? Those teams in PA are all shuffling the deck with a move to 6 divisions and their districts have to give them assigned games over there still I read.

ive really been surprised by just how far lake catholic has fallen since 2011. I hope the cougars can finally get back on track. its better for bene and lake when both teams are good at the same time

Agree

I would be considered an "O'Donnell guy", but the whole Bell to O'Donnell transition was not particularly awesome. There are quite a few people still upset Bell is gone. You have that plus general dislike for Sal and people equate O'Donnell with Sal.

So, there's that dynamic plus the playoff drought, which I assume is the longest since the 1980s at this point. Getting back to the playoffs is a must right now.

I like the schedule. Not quite the murderers row it was in the past but a good mix of large and quality programs on it. Definitely some attainable Harbins there.

You're correct and we've to go back 30 years to a playoff drought like this. Hence the reason of the changing of the schedule.

At first I was upset at the schedule, but now that I think about it more, it looks like the right move at least until we're contending again. The big question is....when will that be?

ive really been surprised by just how far lake catholic has fallen since 2011. I hope the cougars can finally get back on track. its better for bene and lake when both teams are good at the same time

The Bengals and the Cougars have had many classic battles. I've always considered Benedictine a rival especially throughout the 2000's and all those great games.

The Bengals went through a similar funk not too long ago and look at them now. Hopefully the Cougars can do the same.

I've gone back and forth on the schedule. Partially out of need, I think it probably became more aggressive and harder than it needs to be.

Look at Lake's own history, the NCL was very different today than it was in the late 1980s, 90s and early 2000s. Padua and Holy Name would have occasional decent years, but it was mostly a slate of seven probable wins for LC. That left three OOC games to schedule. You could take a few flyers on scheduling up because you knew you had 6 or 7 wins on the back end of the schedule. I think those teams did Ok in the playoffs. Today, you have Bennies, Walsh and now Hoban as legit playoff caliber tests just in your conference. Do you really need 4 or 5 more litmus tests for your team in your OOC schedule?

Even if Lake was "up" right now, I feel like this is the kind of OOC schedule they should be playing.

You're correct and we've to go back 30 years to a playoff drought like this. Hence the reason of the changing of the schedule.

At first I was upset at the schedule, but now that I think about it more, it looks like the right move at least until we're contending again. The big question is....when will that be?

Revised schedule. Erie McDowell has been replaced by CCC.

Aug 27, 2016 7:00PM Toledo St. John (H)
Sep 03, 2016 1:00PM Cleveland Central Catholic (A)
Sep 10, 2016 7:00PM Holy Name (H)
Sep 16, 2016 7:00PM Cleveland Heights (A)
Sep 24, 2016 7:00PM Youngstown Mooney (H)
Sep 30, 2016 7:00PM Archbishop Hoban (A)
Oct 07, 2016 7:00PM Benedictine (H)
Oct 14, 2016 7:00PM NDCL (A)
Oct 21, 2016 7:00PM Padua (H)
Oct 28, 2016 7:00PM Walsh Jesuit (A)

Last edited:

Sep 02, 2016 7:00PM Cleveland Central Catholic (A)

What happened with McDowell?

Any idea if other games of theirs were changed?

Sep 02, 2016 7:00PM Cleveland Central Catholic (A)

This looks close to the schedule Benedictine had a few years back with Holy Name & CCC. What's the current feeling for 2016?

Scrimmages...

Tuesday August 9th, @Perry 10:00AM

Saturday August 13th, Strongsville 10:00AM

Thursday August 18th, @Madison 7:00PM

This looks close to the schedule Benedictine had a few years back with Holy Name & CCC. What's the current feeling for 2016?

Another long season. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it being any better than last year or the past 4 years for that matter.

Not sure how they could have McDowell PA on the schedule already? Those teams in PA are all shuffling the deck with a move to 6 divisions and their districts have to give them assigned games over there still I read.

They don't have McDowell on their schedule. That is not accurate.

Anyone have any input on the team this year? How have the scrimmages vs Perry and today vs Strongsville gone?

From what I've heard and after what transpired at JCU camp, it's going to be as bad as it's ever been. I tried to tell everyone for years this would not work. I sure would like to hear what lc5397 has to say as he is a big OD and Sal guy. And look at the enrollment now. That's something lc5397 would use when defending Sal and the Bell incident. It's a joke and embarrassing what's happening at that school. But mostly, very sad.

I can't comment on either scrimmage as I didn't attend. But hearing nothing from anybody tells me it probably didn't go well. Hope I'm wrong.

I will be going next Thursday to Madison so I can let you know.

From what I've heard and after what transpired at JCU camp, it's going to be as bad as it's ever been. I tried to tell everyone for years this would not work. I sure would like to hear what lc5397 has to say as he is a big OD and Sal guy. And look at the enrollment now. That's something lc5397 would use when defending Sal and the Bell incident. It's a joke and embarrassing what's happening at that school. But mostly, very sad.

I can't comment on either scrimmage as I didn't attend. But hearing nothing from anybody tells me it probably didn't go well. Hope I'm wrong.

I will be going next Thursday to Madison so I can let you know.

Rough times amigo. Keep your head up. See you week 5

Rough times amigo. Keep your head up. See you week 5

,,,best of luck to NDCLman this season!

Try a little of this before & after the games cow plucker!

300.jpg