Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Never

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

My guess is the Raiders will move back to LA. They only left last time because they didn't get a new stadium. They won't get one in Oakland, so I'm sure they will jump at a move back as the LA Raiders.

LA is always "on the horizon". The NFL holds LA (or comparable city) as a trump card for struggling cities. Owners can always threaten to leave town (and get what they want), or let them leave town to a viable market.

Actually pretty clever by the NFL.

Going to be surprised if they ever get a team other than the Raiders.

I think San Diego is pretty close as well since Qualcomm has apparently turned into a huge sh-thole, which is hard to believe since they just held the Super Bowl in like 2003. Also, it can't be too much longer until Goodell gives up on Jacksonville and moves them out. NFL stadiums should not have tarps over 20% of the seats...

I think Mexico City will have a team before long. It's the 5th largest city in the world, and the NFL wants that $$$. I don't think London or Europe will ever get a team.

And they have nobody to identify with. Mark Sanchez is awful.

0.jpg

Monterrey and Tijuana have a better chance of landing MLB teams than Mexico City has of getting a NFL team.

Whoever decided a city the size of Jacksonville needed a stadium that large was a moron. Sure, it sells out for Florida-Georgia, but that's one game a year. Take care of your primary tenant, first. :shrug: The Jags shouldn't be penalized for not selling out an oversized stadium, IMO.

Raiders, Rams, and Chargers seem to be the top candidates.

I'd try Toronto before I'd try London, and I wouldn't even bother with Toronto.

I do think LA will have a team very soon, though, if the Raiders have anything to say about it. There's also been talk about the Chargers moving up to OC and splitting the difference between SD and LA, or just altogether moving to LA.

What I don't understand is why they feel the need to grow the game globally. I know it would increase revenue, but it would really dilute the game in the states and in the long run probably lose money. Football is never going to catch outside the United States.

It all just depends on what sports people grow up with. It would probably take 50-60 years, but football could become as big as the NHL or NBA is here in other countries in that time.

San Diego would be stupid not to take this opportunity. They're the only team who would not lose anything other than expand there existing fan base.

SoCal just doesn't seem like it cares a whole lot about the NFL.

That's why San Diego wouldn't be losing anything by moving. They're already in SoCal but any other team would have to take the luke warm fan base and swallow the losses.

I actually think Vegas would be a worse sports city than Miami. Way too many transplants and vacationers in that city to ever support a team there.