La Salle vs IMG

2016 JSt ohn Bosco from CA put a beatdown on STX and the Bombers won the D1 State Title....

Always play good competition when you can.

LaSalle has a good team with some high level college D1 recruits

#1 nobody else would play them

#2 If they Lose, Oh well, they'll still make the playoffs this year

so, why not?

#1 nobody else would play them

#2 If they Lose, Oh well, they'll still make the playoffs this year

so, why not?
Some fans like Pboy/Omar and others will piss and moan about potential injuries playing these type of teams any minute now. Think ZingBot is spot on, LaSalle really has nothing to lose playing this game.

first off the thread starter is dumb if they don't know what lasalle has on their roster. lol

jtk
()

Some fans like Pboy/Omar and others will piss and moan about potential injuries playing these type of teams any minute now. Think ZingBot is spot on, LaSalle really has nothing to lose playing this game.
And #3

while IMG doesn’t travel very well, number of fans wise. LaSalle will still get a pretty good gate out of this game. With a lot of casual fans and people that normally don’t attend HS games going to this one.

I think it's great that La Salle is playing them, what do they have to lose. Plus the top notch players for La Salle will really be excited for the match-up.

I don't think IMG will just run right through Lasalle. I could see Lasalle keeping it competitive for the first quarter, MAYBE the 1st half. In the end, IMG will be way too much and win by 30+. I don't think it will be a complete massacre though.

IMG will be on a short week after playing the previous Sunday in Canton. Any idea if they are staying in Ohio for the week?

2016 JSt ohn Bosco from CA put a beatdown on STX and the Bombers won the D1 State Title....

Always play good competition when you can.

LaSalle has a good team with some high level college D1 recruits
Clifford also got hurt during that game.

I don't think IMG will just run right through Lasalle. I could see Lasalle keeping it competitive for the first quarter, MAYBE the 1st half. In the end, IMG will be way too much and win by 30+. I don't think it will be a complete massacre though.
It all depends on how focused IMG is. If they half it, then it might be quasi close the first half. Regardless, IMG is eventually going to put on the running clock. Supreme talent almost always prevails at this level. And that’s not a dig at LS, IMG would beat down any Ohio team. They’re a literal National All Star team.

The comments in this thread just prove how soft we have got as a state. 20+ years ago, nobody would frown at a school like Cleveland St. Ignatius, Canton McKinley ('97 in particular), Cincinnati Elder/X, etc. scheduling a game like this. Yes, the game has changed and schools like IMG has tipped the needle a bit over the years, but so what. WE'RE FROM OHIO! We should expect our top dogs to take on anybody, anywhere, any time! Heck, even Hoban plays Bergen Catholic, another national powerhouse out of New Jersey. I'm a diehard Warren G. harding fan, but I'm beyond excited for our fellow Division II schools for stepping up to the plate and taking on whoever!

FLEX YOUR MUSCLES LA SALLE! ??

The comments in this thread just prove how soft we have got as a state. 20+ years ago, nobody would frown at a school like Cleveland St. Ignatius, Canton McKinley ('97 in particular), Cincinnati Elder/X, etc. scheduling a game like this. Yes, the game has changed and schools like IMG has tipped the needle a bit over the years, but so what. WE'RE FROM OHIO! We should expect our top dogs to take on anybody, anywhere, any time! Heck, even Hoban plays Bergen Catholic, another national powerhouse out of New Jersey. I'm a diehard Warren G. harding fan, but I'm beyond excited for our fellow Division II schools for stepping up to the plate and taking on whoever!

FLEX YOUR MUSCLES LA SALLE! ??
Yes, but Ohio football top level talent has really dried up over the last decade. The Buckeyes are lucky if they can find five Ohio kids in a class most years. I realize Ohio football will never be like it was from 1950 through 1990, where it was as good as any state, but the population shift from states like Ohio to the south and west has really diminished the depth of quality play in this state. Sad, but true.

Yes, but Ohio football top level talent has really dried up over the last decade. The Buckeyes are lucky if they can find five Ohio kids in a class most years. I realize Ohio football will never be like it was from 1950 through 1990, where it was as good as any state, but the population shift from states like Ohio to the south and west has really diminished the depth of quality play in this state. Sad, but true.
I wouldn’t really say it’s dried up there have been consistently kids ranked at the top of their respective position by 247sports each year for recruiting

I wouldn’t really say it’s dried up there have been consistently kids ranked at the top of their respective position by 247sports each year for recruiting
8ACD856E-2FBE-4F6B-8459-159871A07D08.jpeg
This graphic is from the 2020 season. I would think 5th out of 50 definitely counts as being “not dried up”

Not that they are the end all be all, but compare the 5 year average of Ohio ranked kids in the top 100, 200, 247 what have you from 2010-2014 vs 2018-2022. It’s definitely been a significant decline.

Clifford also got hurt during that game.

And this is the major issue. Putting your kids on the field against an entire team of power5 D1 players greatly increases the likelihood of something like that happening as opposed to playing some goat herding school from Butler or Warren county. Yes, you need to test your team to be ready for the playoffs, but it can be overdone. If they get thru the game in 1 piece, however, it will be a great experience and the rest of their games will slow down for them that much more.

And X's two best linemen (one an All-American) were lost right before the season.
In all fairness they didn’t get hurt playing Bosco. Regardless, I don’t think a lot of people understand the level these Programs operate. Bosco, Mater Dei, Gorman, Aquinas, DeMatha, St John’s DC, St Francis, all run their programs
the same as IMG. They recruit regionally, even nationally and load up on Transfers.

You can challenge your team by playing strong competition w/o stacking the deck vs them and risking the long term success of the season. Even programs with strong success like LS are not built to compete with any of those schools.

Yes, they are basically AAU teams fronting as high schools, much like Oak Hill Academy in basketball. The recruiting rules in their states are much looser, so they can pick and choose. I have a family friend on the staff at Aquinas, and he basically admitted as much, while bragging about being nationally ranked. Agree completely, the top private schools in Ohio really can't consistently compete against the sports factory high schools.