La Salle 2019-2020

Too many 3 car garage kids!!! ? How many parents at St. X are willing to let their kids be coached hard?
I don't think it is a parent thing, just not used to dealing with obstacles on a daily basis. I don't know, we used to have a lot of west side, Colerain township, Mount Healthy kids back in my day. Used to scrapping for everything. Don't know where that comes from now? If one listens to the football coach's podcasts, he hints that this is an issue he has to directly deal with annually. I am happy, the basketball team is enjoying more success this year. Hopefully, if the coach sticks around, he can establish a program,.

Evidently Moe is expanding their recruiting into LaSalle's back yard. Kid from St Ignatius (100% sure) going to Moe and rumors about another LaSalle feeder kid going to Moe.

Evidently Moe is expanding their recruiting into LaSalle's back yard. Kid from St Ignatius (100% sure) going to Moe and rumors about another LaSalle feeder kid going to Moe.

That sucks, but kids should be able to attend where they and their parents agree to send them.
Schools do not own kids.
No different from a St. I kid going to Elder, or a St. Dominic kid going to LaSalle.
The feeder parish days are long gone.

Lancers win at St. Xavier 52-41 shooting 59% to 38%. A friend of mine called up St. Xavier in the afternoon and was told the game was a sellout. This makes sense since the mentality at St. Xavier was we can knock off a state ranked team at our home since we almost did it at their place.

Yesterday at X the team came out on fire, For whatever reason cooled off for the second and third periods finally realize they were in a game and put it on the floor in the fourth.
Not exactly sure why this continues to happen but their longevity in the playoffs from district finals onward may be of concern if they continue this pattern. Just my two cents worth

St. Xavier game was tied at the end of three 31-31, then LS out scores the Bombers 20-11 in the 4th. It will be interesting tomorrow to see who goes in La Salle’s bracket, Oak Hills, St. Xavier, or Elder are possibilities

Nick Saban? WTH? What would Kremer do at Norwood, Edgewood, or Dixie? KBaller once stated that Kremer can “build it and they will come” WHEREVER he is.
The moeller basketball program is not just Carl Kremer, he has an incredible support staff as well as past players and parents supporting the program. College coaches have come to recruit kids and been blown away by how structured and intense the practice are. The film guys and student managers rival some college programs. He has upwards of 70 kids tryout for a spot on the freshaman team every year and that’s after a two day camp that weeds out a hundred more. If you think an Edgewood or Little Miami can support that then sure, he could build it there too.

I'm confused, if Lasalle wins their district final (which will most likely happen) Would they play the winner of the lower bracket in the regional semis?
Or is this two sides of the same district?? Can someone explain the bracket?

Last edited:
Is LS in Cincy 2 then? Oh so Lasalle would play East in regional final?
Assuming LaSalle wins the District Championship vs. (top seeds) St. X or Hamilton they would then play likely (top seeds) Lakota East-Beavercreek winner in the Regional SEMI-FINAL---then if they win would be Moeller in the Regional FINAL---better take care of Withrow first.

Assuming LaSalle wins the District Championship vs. (top seeds) St. X or Hamilton they would then play likely (top seeds) Lakota East-Beavercreek winner in the Regional SEMI-FINAL---then if they win would be Moeller in the Regional FINAL---better take care of Withrow first.
If this scenario plays out barring any upset along the way, I see the La Salle - East regional semi-final as the 8:00 p.m game on Wednesday March 11th. Am I correct?

Last edited:
Tonight is senior night at La Salle in a game against Elder which gave the Lancers a scare at the pit losing by a point on a shot by Jeff Queen with eight seconds left in the game. I guess we'll see if the Panthers can make some noise in the tournament by how they look in their final regular season game. Elder elected to go into Cincinnati 1 with both the #2 seed Lakota East and #4 seed Turpin.

Last edited:
Tonight is senior night at La Salle in a game against Elder which gave the Lancers a scare at the pit losing by a point on a shot by Jeff Queen with eight seconds left in the game. I guess we'll see if the Panthers can make some noise in the tournament by how they look in their final regular season game. Elder elected to go into Cincinnati 1 with both the #2 seed Lakota East and #4 seed Turpin.
Should be a good game tonight into the 2nd half. Elder has yet to prove they can beat a top-team on the road (maybe Beavercreek?) so I expect LaSalle to pull away.

Key for Elder is keeping Larkins out of foul trouble and on the floor. Having a presence inside who can get 10-12 points opens up the floor for the shooters (Harp, Cluxton, Keller). When Larkins is not in the game, teams only need to worry about the three-point shot.

La Salle should never have lost this game. They played like they had no intention of playing the first 3 Quarters. Then they play like they can the fourth quarter and just barely missed pulling it out. If they play like they did the first 3 periods in the tournament they won’t make it out of the sectional if they play like they did the fourth quarter they’ll make it to the Moe rematch. Not sure what was going through Goedde’s head during this whole game either..........

La Salle should never have lost this game. They played like they had no intention of playing the first 3 Quarters. Then they play like they can the fourth quarter and just barely missed pulling it out. If they play like they did the first 3 periods in the tournament they won’t make it out of the sectional if they play like they did the fourth quarter they’ll make it to the Moe rematch. Not sure what was going through Goedde’s head during this whole game either..........

now lasalle fans know what all other fans have known for awhile. Goedde can’t coach his way out of a paper bag. Never should’ve lost that game and now your team heads to the tournament wondering what the heck our coach is doing. You’ll make it to Cintas but that could be it if he doesn’t figure it out.

LaSalle obviously struggled against Elder tonight but not sure I get all the Goedde criticism. Elder got hot from three. They can shoot. He had the Lancers 19-2 with only losses to Moeller before Elder beat them. Not sure this team has 19-2 talent from the 8 quarters I’ve watched them play. In my opinion Goedde overachieved this year.

100% certain Lancer fans would have taken a 19-3 regular season before the year started.

Elder shot well and played well for 3 quarters and then held on in the 4th quarter. LaSalle did not play well in the 1st 3 quarters and then had a furious inspired comeback that fell just short. LaSalle had 3 close shots at the basket in the final 5 seconds and the ball rolled off the rim. Both teams have similar talent and both games came to the final shot. Good luck to Elder going forward. This may be a wake up call for this LaSalle team that is talented, but has small margin for error. Goedde has done a very good job with this team without a true go to player, that has achieved more as a team than their individual talents. Lets hope the 4th quarter team shows up for the tourney, because if they do, it can be a fun tourney run. Go Lancers!