LA Lakers '18-'19

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Probably be one of the most watched teams this year.

Last night was an interesting game. Plenty of young talent surrounding Lebron but didn't appear to play real well together yet.

To the Lakers players: You are now part of the surrounding cast, on the court because the NBA mandates five players.Any interview will ultimately revolve around James. It is LeBron's Lakers, not the LA Lakers. Yes, you will always be on national tv, but your role and talent will be completely overlooked. And from James, expect to hear, " I," instead of "We." Essentially, say hello to the national press looking at you as an insignificant possession, hired to stand still and watch LeBron go 1 on 5. Have fun.

Last edited:
Only watched a few minutes of the game. What I've seen early is that they do have a lot of good, young talent. They had 7 players score in double figures. They don't look good as a team yet, but that could change as they become more comfortable with each other.

It also looks a little different in LA. In Cleveland, they were coming to play on the "King's" team. They knew their role and accepted it. In LA, it looks like some of the players consider him just another very good player. It might actually be more healthy and benefit the Lakers in the long run.

Only watched a few minutes of the game. What I've seen early is that they do have a lot of good, young talent. They had 7 players score in double figures. They don't look good as a team yet, but that could change as they become more comfortable with each other.

It also looks a little different in LA. In Cleveland, they were coming to play on the "King's" team. They knew their role and accepted it. In LA, it looks like some of the players consider him just another very good player. It might actually be more healthy and benefit the Lakers in the long run.

Until the young players, and even some vets, realize that they are getting no publicity or endorsements, but have to play second and third fiddle to James. Resentment will build. Look at all of the headlines about last night.;they all revolve around LeBron and will for the season. They might not be so willing to accept their roles.

The window for LeBron James is closing and no one knows that more than LeBron James. I don't think he has the patience for a rebuild. I think this year is just a sorting out period: who plays well with James, who shows marked improvement. They'll jettison the head cases that were brought in and then the Lakers will take advantage of their cap space to sign two max contract guys. I think Kawhi Leonard is a given. I there is a part of me that thinks Kevin Durant will opt out and head south to LA. He can maximize his earning power for endorsements and I think that core can beat Golden State. Compare: James, Durant, Leonard vs Curry, Thompson and Green. Who do you take? Golden State's supporting cast isn't getting any younger, either. LA's is.

I'll keep tuning into watching the Lakers lose.

Don't think Brandon Ingram's outburst the other night vs. the Rockets doesn't have something to do with being a teammate of LeBron.
Chris Bosh found out, Kevin Love found out. LeBron, while great, is a very, very difficult teammate.
The Lakers have a bunch of rejects from other teams and no proven young talent. I'm shock LeVar Ball hasn't chimed in yet.

What's the over / under for Luke Walton? Weeks or months?

Pretty sure the Lakers will be fine. It’s freaking October and they have LeBron plus a lot of young talent. Need to deal some of the older guys after a couple months

I'll keep tuning into watching the Lakers lose.

Don't think Brandon Ingram's outburst the other night vs. the Rockets doesn't have something to do with being a teammate of LeBron.
Chris Bosh found out, Kevin Love found out. LeBron, while great, is a very, very difficult teammate.
The Lakers have a bunch of rejects from other teams and no proven young talent. I'm shock LeVar Ball hasn't chimed in yet.

What's the over / under for Luke Walton? Weeks or months?

Apparently days... And alot of this falls at the feet of Magic Johnson. As great of a player and leader as he was on the court, he's awful in the front office. Only Pat Riley was able to tell LeBron to stand down. No one else has been able to do it. Ironically, LeBron won two titles with the Heat.

Apparently days... And alot of this falls at the feet of Magic Johnson. As great of a player and leader as he was on the court, he's awful in the front office. Only Pat Riley was able to tell LeBron to stand down. No one else has been able to do it. Ironically, LeBron won two titles with the Heat.

You think Magic has been awful in the front office? He has assembled some nice young talent, managed the salary cap to be able to sign a couple of max contract players, and has lured LeBron. The trade for Kuzma was a solid move as well.

I think it is a little early to call him "awful".

ESPN this morning showing the Laker game and #23 tryin to play like Magic,I just had to laugh.

Lakers now 7-6 and LBJ hasn't even started trying yet. Anyone still think they aren't making the playoffs?

Jury is still out, LeBron is actually playing at a very high level. Lakers keep adding older veteran players because LeBron can't stand playing with the pups. Maybe good for today, but is it good for next year or the year after?

It begins:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/11/2...luke-waltons-playcalls/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

You work FOR LeBron James, not WITH him. Next will be the purging of young talent to make room for role-playing vets.

No surprise here. LeBron is in charge and nothing will change. The advantage that he has is that he is the best player on the court and plays a sport where that is enough to make a team competitive. I believe that if he were a team player, he would have won more championships.

What years do you feel he would have won a championship if he were a team player? He made 8 straight finals, his team was favored in only 2 of them, but still managed to win 3 titles.

You can make an argument that LeBron and the Cavs would have won four straight championships if not for two incidents: Kyrie going down in game 1, Kevin Durant joining Warriors

No team in history was beating the Kevin Durant Warriors of the past two years, so it makes no sense for LeBron to get bashed for "losing in the finals" to the greatest team ever

Agreed. I think he's actually over achieved all things considered. Miami probably should have beat Dallas in 2011, however that Cavs team had no business winning the 2016 finals. But Lebron put on an all-time performance(including goading Draymond into getting himself suspended.)

Not sure what Yappi is even talking about really.

I think it's more of a " you media" message than anything else. Lately it seems when Durant opens his mouth he says something dumb, but I enjoyed this candid take.