KY basketball 2017/2018

He had plenty of people stick around the past few years. Hawkins and Willis stayed 4 years.

Doubt he kicks them out. Not a chance

It was nice to get a win over a decent Miss St team last night. At this point, the 2nd weekend of the tourney would be terrific success for this team. Diallo has not been the player I thought he would be. These kids are still more concerned with their own shot than playing as a team. They need to be tougher, too many loose balls they are unable to come up with. I don't see any lottery pick locks on this team, next season could see most of these kids return for another year (except maybe Knox and Diallo for potential). UK may not sign another player for 2018. I wonder if the potential of players returning next year swayed Zion's decision.

The SEC is a grind this year. A bunch of good teams, but none that are great.

I don't like the lack of communication on the court.

Had heard that Zion backed off because of that and other things.

Still not worried. I think once they get used to playing with Vanderbilt and Quade back in the lineup things will get better. I love when Shai is aggressive and driving to the basket.

If they don't get points off turnovers then they will struggle.

Wow down 17 and come back. Still have a lot of room to improve but they do show signs of clicking.

What a game from Kevin Knox and the team shooting from the free throw line.

Almost turned it off, the play was that bad. Switched over to the Arkansas game to watch the end, came back and UK was within 12 with the ball. Great comeback. Hopefully, this is the game that makes it all click for them. WV has been reeling, but still a really good win.

Finally Call is done with a rotation and is going with who gets it done. That team that showed up last night can play with anyone. Not a lot of turnovers, good defenses sharing the basketball, and solid rebounding. Down 11-0 to start the game and it looked like it might get ugly. This team has some fight in them which is good to see. Easily could have mailed it in after the 4 game losing streak.

Vanderbilt has been fantastic with his court vision and rebounding. Cal needs to roll with Shai, Green, PJ, Knox, and Vanderbilt. Everyone else is on spot duty.

Diallo will be riding the pine

Yeah, Diallo has been a huge disappointment.

I still watch, but this season has been tougher than the NIT season when Noel got hurt.

Latest projection for UK that I've seen is a 5 seed. How high can they climb if they beat Florida and win the SEC tourney?

Probably no higher than a 4.

If you told me 2 weeks ago that Kentucky had a chance for a 4 seed I wouldn't have believed you

Didn't get to watch. Heard it was brutal. Hopefully some good will come of it bringing them back down to earth

Didn't look good against Florida.

You could tell right away Florida came out with more energy. Kentucky didn't shoot particularly well, turned it over, and missed FTs. And Florida, at times, just couldn't miss.

Gabriel was 7-7 from 3 today. Most 3's in a game without a miss in UK history. UK to play for SEC title tomorrow.

Almost blew a 17 point first half lead. 4th consecutive SEC championship, something not many thought would happen earlier this year, heck even after the Florida game most probably thought winning was an after thought. They also did this without Vanderbilt. Hopefully he will be ready to go come next week. They need him if they want to get to the second weekend

If they can get by Davidson, Arizona will be a tough matchup and same with Virginia. If they make it to the second week I would be impressed. Don't think it happens though

Yep, 2nd weekend will be a chore. I don`t think UK will have any answer for Ayton.

I feel bad for Virgina. Tough bracket and UK and Arizona sitting in the top half with them. UC and Tennessee in the bottom half. This bracket is loaded with physical defensive minded teams. UK has their work cut out for them.

UK got hosed with a 5 seed in a region with Zona as the 4. No way Arizona should be a 4. This game should be a sweet 16 game not a 2nd round game. If SEC was so good this year why did Wildcats get no credit for winning the tourney? They also did it without their best rebounder in Vanderbilt, who was hurt. Arizona has games where they lack focus on D or turn the ball over a lot. UK will need them to have one of those days to advance to 2nd weekend.

UK picked up a commit from 2019 (HS Junior) small forward DJ Jeffries... ESPN has him ranked 17 and 247 has him as 26. He has been shooting up the rankings. This is big because he is teammates with 2019 #1 James Wiseman, coached by Penny Hardaway. Who is also rumored to be the next Memphis coach if Tubby is fired. I wonder if he can maybe sway Wiseman to come to UK. Also good they got him early in case Penny tried to make a run ay him.

Have heard rumors about the potential of both reclassifying but I think Wiseman has a better shot than Jeffries.

UK picked up a commit from 2019 (HS Junior) small forward DJ Jeffries... ESPN has him ranked 17 and 247 has him as 26. He has been shooting up the rankings. This is big because he is teammates with 2019 #1 James Wiseman, coached by Penny Hardaway. Who is also rumored to be the next Memphis coach if Tubby is fired. I wonder if he can maybe sway Wiseman to come to UK. Also good they got him early in case Penny tried to make a run ay him.

There was an NCAA rule passed recently but I don't remember the specifics. Something like schools can't hire coaches and/or parents of recruits for a 2 year period, I think? Then that would prevent Memphis from being a landing point if they hire Penny. Maybe someone else can clarify.