KY basketball 2017/2018

Serious. You a cat fan?
Diallo is super athletic. Extremely young team. Hoping to see Killeya Jones and Gabriel contribute

Yea man growing up i had the 3 channels down here in SEO and UK is who they played. So they became my team. If this team stays healthy then can really cause some havoc

Diallo will be among the best 5 players in the country. Knox will not be far behind. Team is so young, the youngest I've ever seen at UK, but at the same time are super talented. Quade Green is the key, unless Shai Gilgeous-Alexander beats him out for the PG spot. I guess it's possible both could start, but the other would likely play the 2, and if anyone is a lock to start, I would think it's Diallo at the 2. Should be interesting season. I expect growing pains early but they should be a final 4 contender come March.

Diallo will be among the best 5 players in the country. Knox will not be far behind. Team is so young, the youngest I've ever seen at UK, but at the same time are super talented. Quade Green is the key, unless Shai Gilgeous-Alexander beats him out for the PG spot. I guess it's possible both could start, but the other would likely play the 2, and if anyone is a lock to start, I would think it's Diallo at the 2. Should be interesting season. I expect growing pains early but they should be a final 4 contender come March.

Diallo will be Elite. I do not see green losing the job but who knows.
Nick richards will also be a big part gotta have a working big man.

None league schedule is very favorable. With only kansas and ucla having a shot to beat KY imo.

Not that this would be a surprise, but with their size and athleticism, they should be a really good defensive team, as long as they rebound. Heard Cal is not happy with rebounding effort so far in practice. That's where they will miss Vanderbilt.

Should be interesting season. I expect growing pains early but they should be a final 4 contender come March.

Not a UK guy, but I went to Cal's coaches' clinic last week and I agree with this. They have some question marks at this point, but they have tremendous potential defensively with their size and athleticism. At some point I'd expect Cal to start mixing in some 1-3-1 as a change of pace for maybe 8-10 minutes a game. I'd expect them to look pretty rough at times early in the year, but by the end their defense and length/athleticism should make for a deep tournament run.

Yeah. The offense will struggle at the beginning but Cal always has his teams playing high level defense

Not overly impressive the 1st two games but Vermont is a good team. The youth of this team will show for a good while but you can certainly see the potential. Only 8 guys played the 1st two games, Cal might already have his rotation set. Really tough matchup with Kansas coming up. I'd consider that a big upset if UK were to win.

After the KU onslaught, UK settled down to get back in the game. More ball movement and less one on one proved to be the key to being more efficient on offense. Rebounding is killing them, the guards needs to get involved in rebounding the ball. Happy with the performance, didn't think a win here was likely.

Once again I know none of the players on this team.

Can a mod please fix the title of this thread, it's really grinding my gears

Kentucky may be a year away but they may actually keep some of these freshmen more than 1 year. Knox may be only one to leave early.

This team is down some players. Can't seem to play defense without fouling. Offense completely stalled and quit attacking. Terrible game shooting from outside and guards weren't very good. Foul shooting was bad as well

Good game from Richards and it was nice to see Vanderbilt playing. He has great court vision and what a passer. Once he gets in shape and into the flow with his teammates, this team will be much better.

Hopefully Quade gets healthy

When Vanderbilt gets a few games in and Green comes back then Kentucky will be at full strength. But with their inconsistent outside shooting hard to see them getting past the Sweet 16 this year. Cal forgot to recruit any shooters this year.

I do like that he will be having most of his team back next year. Then they will make a serious run. But this year isn't over, let's see if the defense/offense gets better as the year goes on.

An unusual site in Lexington next season...sophomores! Unless Cal kicks them out so he can bring in 6-7 new freshmen.