Kosta Koufos to declare for NBA Draft

Clyde Frog

According to foxsports.com, Ohio State center and former GlenOak star Kosta Koufos will declare for the NBA Draft, but will not hire an agent, meaning that he may return to Ohio State if he does not like where he is expected to get drafted. However, he also is considering going to Greece for a year to play professionally, where there is a $5 million contract waiting for him, if he isn't expected to go in the top half of the first round.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8056224/Buckeyes'-Koufos-will-declare,-won't-hire-agent

If he goes over to Greece, won't he still lose his NCAA eligibility, because he's being paid to play ball? Or does that only apply to the NBA?

If that's the case and he goes to Greece, it's irrelevant if he hires an agent for the NBA - he's still done at OSU.

If he goes over to Greece, won't he still lose his NCAA eligibility, because he's being paid to play ball? Or does that only apply to the NBA?

If that's the case and he goes to Greece, it's irrelevant if he hires an agent for the NBA - he's still done at OSU.
I believe signing with any professional league like that forfeits a player's eligibility to come back and play in college. He hasn't signed with an agent so if he decides not to go to Greece and doesn't like where he may get drafted, he can still come back. However, if he doesn't like where he gets drafted, and then goes and plays in Greece, I believe he wouldn't be able to come back and play at Ohio State.

I believe signing with any professional league like that forfeits a player's eligibility to come back and play in college. He hasn't signed with an agent so if he decides not to go to Greece and doesn't like where he may get drafted, he can still come back. However, if he doesn't like where he gets drafted, and then goes and plays in Greece, I believe he wouldn't be able to come back and play at Ohio State.
Hey may play in Greece, he may enter the draft and he will get drafted in the 1st round.One thing for sure is, he will not beback @ OSU whether he ie eligible to or not. KK is going to have to learn that for the rest of his career he is going to be playing w/ guys in the NBA that think they need the ball more than anybody else...that is what has soured him at OSU.

According to Chad Ford on ESPN.com, in both mock drafts he has made he has Koufos going to the Cavs at #19. It'd be great to see Kosta play an hour north of us in Cleveland!