Kneeling For The National Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know when you've become fair with no bias.
Let us know when you get your head out of the sand. I know it’s hard for your age group to have any kind of change whatsoever and your 24 hour news channels don’t help. But maybe try and get out in the community and have a discussion with people about this, not your school district community but the city you actually live in. Don’t be afraid just because the skin color is different then yours.

Let us know when you get your head out of the sand. I know it’s hard for your age group to have any kind of change whatsoever and your 24 hour news channels don’t help. But maybe try and get out in the community and have a discussion with people about this, not your school district community but the city you actually live in. Don’t be afraid just because the skin color is different then yours.
I'm not sure why you seem hell-bent on bringing race into this. And your talk about TV news. Obviously, it's more assumptions you have about me. You don't know me.
Besides, I don't live in a city.

I'm not sure why you seem hell-bent on bringing race into this. And your talk about TV news. Obviously, it's more assumptions you have about me. You don't know me.
Besides, I don't live in a city.
Nothing in this thread has nothing to do with race. ? Burying that head deeper.
Actually I do know who you are. Would you like me to prove that ?
That’s right the pristine township of Jackson where protests aren’t allowed. ?

Nothing in this thread has nothing to do with race. ? Burying that head deeper.
Actually I do know who you are. Would you like me to prove that ?
That’s right the pristine township of Jackson where protests aren’t allowed. ?
You know my name because one of your buddies abused his power and outed me here. You don't know me. ?

Kneeling doesn’t have anything to do with the anthem or the flag. This is the ignorance that people started to say why Kap was doing it and Trump turned it into this disrespecting the flag and anthem and completely ignoring the facts as to why he started to do it.
How on gods green earth can kneeling while the National Anthem is being played and people standing with their hands over their hearts staring at the flag have nothing to do with either. And three people actually agreed with this statement. As there may be a bigger picture he's trying to get across its being done while the Anthem and flag are being honored. This is the only post out of about 25 ignorant ones on here I will comment to.

How on gods green earth can kneeling while the National Anthem is being played and people standing with their hands over their hearts staring at the flag have nothing to do with either. And three people actually agreed with this statement. As there may be a bigger picture he's trying to get across its being done while the Anthem and flag are being honored. This is the only post out of about 25 ignorant ones on here I will comment to.
Add another to the list. Try to be a leader and not a follower it will help you in life.
As there “may be” a bigger picture they are trying to get across ? How about there is a bigger picture and clearly it’s been made !

The phrasing of the question like the protest causes divisiveness. Out of respect, the protesters kneel during the playing of our National Anthem. They do not kneel for the National Anthem. If you do not know the difference, then that is the problem.

I too am a military man...twenty-three years active duty and twenty-three years as a DOD civilian with the US Air Force. I've seen all manner of disrespect of our nation's flag. Kneeling is not one. Many of the complainers post about this disrespects America. They don't seem to know tha America is not even a country or nation. Like Europe, Africa and Asia, America is a continent. It (North America) has three countries, Canada, Mexico and the USA.

The phrasing of the question like the protest causes divisiveness. Out of respect, the protesters kneel during the playing of our National Anthem. They do not kneel for the National Anthem. If you do not know the difference, then that is the problem.

I too am a military man...twenty-three years active duty and twenty-three years as a DOD civilian with the US Air Force. I've seen all manner of disrespect of our nation's flag. Kneeling is not one. Many of the complainers post about this disrespects America. They don't seem to know tha America is not even a country or nation. Like Europe, Africa and Asia, America is a continent. It (North America) has three countries, Canada, Mexico and the USA.
You need a refresher on your geography. What happened to Cuba, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras, etc.? Did they get voted out? ?

As a sign of respect, you're supposed to stand during the National Anthem.

Please refer to my original post. It refers to North America. Although American, obviously Central and South America were not part of the debate.

Now please stop knit-picking and give me something substantive concerning the original argument.

Please refer to my original post. It refers to North America. Although American, obviously Central and South America were not part of the debate.

Now please stop knit-picking and give me something substantive concerning the original argument.
Since you want an explanation -

First off, when you talk about people saying kneeling during the national anthem disrespects America, people are referring to the United States of America, our country, not the Americas.

Then, Central America is part of North America. It's not its own continent.

The rogue cops are absolutely pigs.

What about the Rogue criminals?

This is the problem. Nobody knows exactly what it is like to be a policeman unless you have done it. You only want to talk about Police brutality which is very rare today. Millions of stops around this country daily and we only here about a shooting every once in awhile. If it is true that Police brutality exists all over there would be hundreds of cases daily. I would like to see a reverse in coverage for a week. That is showing how police are treated by citizens. The profanity, spitting on, threats, kicking, etc that takes place daily...... Wait, we had that with Live PD but since it showed Police in a positive manner it was forced to be taken off the air and that does not meet the agenda of today's MSM.

Last edited:
I'd say at a minimum Biden never encouraged police brutality.

No, but he started the Crime Bill with Clinton that put thousands of blacks in jail unfairly including life sentences for blacks from simple drug offenses. I know, you don't want to hear the facts just bash Trump who has done more for minorities then any recent President. Actually, if you think about it if you are racist you would want to vote for Biden......

Trump supports the Police and every President should do that. The cop in Minnesota was definitely wrong and should fry for what he did. But in Atlanta the blame is on the suspect and he lost his life because of his actions..... end of story.

so again, What has Biden done? There is no answer but this. I hate Trump so I am voting for Biden. A vote for Biden is a vote for China America.

What about the Rogue criminals?

This is the problem. Nobody knows exactly what it is like to be a policeman unless you have done it. You only want to talk about Police brutality which is very rare today. Millions of stops around this country daily and we only here about a shooting every once in awhile. If it is true that Police brutality exists all over there would be hundreds of cases daily. I would like to see a reverse in coverage for a week. That is showing how police are treated by citizens. The profanity, spitting on, threats, kicking, etc that takes place daily...... Wait, we had that with Live PD but since it showed Police in a positive manner it was forced to be taken off the air and that does not meet the agenda of today's MSM.
Well said.

The police are expected to play by the rules 100% of the time and never make a mistake, while their job, inherently, is constantly dealing with people who are NOT playing by the rules. That's a tough job.

No, but he started the Crime Bill with Clinton that put thousands of blacks in jail unfairly including life sentences for blacks from simple drug offenses. I know, you don't want to hear the facts just bash Trump who has done more for minorities then any recent President. Actually, if you think about it if you are racist you would want to vote for Biden......

Trump supports the Police and every President should do that. The cop in Minnesota was definitely wrong and should fry for what he did. But in Atlanta the blame is on the suspect and he lost his life because of his actions..... end of story.

so again, What has Biden done? There is no answer but this. I hate Trump so I am voting for Biden.

Joe Biden’s critics often blame the 1994 crime bill he helped author for furthering mass incarceration of Black Americans. But one of the bill’s less discussed, most progressive provisions gave the Justice Department the authority to investigate local police departments.

The Clinton Administration used the new law to investigate the Los Angeles Police Department, in the wake of the 1991 beating of Rodney King. Its consent agreement with the LAPD, which cost $300 million, took nine years to implement. A Harvard University study of the L.A. reforms found that uses of serious force dropped for five years straight as the decree was implemented, and that at the end, 83 percent of L.A. residents, including more than two-thirds of Blacks and Hispanics, said the LAPD was doing a good or excellent job.

The Obama administration used the law even more aggressively. It launched 23 investigations, found constitutional violations in nearly all of them, and forged 25 reform agreements. Most remain in effect today; once they’re signed, a federal judge and a court-appointed monitoring team enforce them, with some input from local Justice Department lawyers. They’re typically set up to last until the reforms are implemented — a process that takes at least five years, usually more. Data on the reforms’ effectiveness usually emerges late in a consent decree’s lifespan, after cities rewrite policies, train police on them, and collect new data about their effects.

Many consent decrees have successfully improved police departments, police accountability experts say, though some have stalled due to stubborn resistance from police or local officials.

Trump’s first attorney general, Jeff Sessions, ended the restriction on transferring military equipment to police, reviewed all consent decrees struck by his predecessor, and then restricted their use going forward. “It is not the responsibility of the federal government to manage non-federal law enforcement agencies,” he insisted.

When William Barr took over for Sessions — whom Trump fired for refusing to violate Justice Department guidelines — there was nothing left of the Obama reforms to undo. Still, Barr continued to rail against the specter of criminal justice reform. Barr presented the reform movement, now confined to local officials, as a civilizational threat. “There is another development that is demoralizing to law enforcement and dangerous to public safety,” he railed last August, “that is the emergence in some of our large cities of district attorneys that style themselves as ‘social justice’ reformers, who spend their time undercutting the police, letting criminals off the hook, and refusing to enforce the law.” (Letting criminals off the hook is only acceptable if Barr is doing it himself.)

A vote for Biden is a vote for China America

Better red than yellow, eh?

The context was he thought it would help him get reelected.

That is the depth of Biden's intellect and morality.

You're the funniest guy on here.

"When the only American citizen President Trump singles out for China’s investigation is his political opponent in the midst of the Democratic nomination process, it strains credulity to suggest that it is anything other than politically motivated, By all appearances, the President’s brazen and unprecedented appeal to China and to Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden is wrong and appalling." - Mitt Romney, famous liberal

"Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens, much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside." - James Mattis, famous liberal

"There really isn't any guiding principle that I was able to discern other than what's good for Donald Trump's re-election," - John Bolton, famous liberal

Status
Not open for further replies.