Kneeling For The National Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kneeling doesn’t have anything to do with the anthem or the flag. This is the ignorance that people started to say why Kap was doing it and Trump turned it into this disrespecting the flag and anthem and completely ignoring the facts as to why he started to do it.
BS. He could get his message through at another time. It speaks volumes that he chooses to do it during the national anthem. Don't try to tell me the flag/anthem has nothing to do with it.

BS. He could get his message through at another time. It speaks volumes that he chooses to do it during the national anthem. Don't try to tell me the flag/anthem has nothing to do with it.
As I said ignorant. Do some actual reading and fact checking before you start a thread. It’s obvious you have not. Why do you think Goodell apologized ?

Since when is it against the law to not stand for the anthem to begin with. I know it’s hard to believe in 2020 but we as Americans do have rights. If a kid or kids or the whole team or the whole stadium wants to kneel for the anthem then I support it 100%.

You actually believe that it is an inexplicable coincidence that the kneeling always happens during the playing of the National Anthem? Stop being dishonest.
I don’t have to believe it or not it’s direct quotes from the people that are doing it.
If I kneel in the stands at the first sporting event I go to this season and someone asks me why I’m doing it, I will say it has nothing to do with the flag or the military or any of the other ignorant nonsense that people made up. If a person feels that he shouldn’t show pride for a country that oppresses people of color then that is their right.
In reality people can kneel if they feel the govt is being too controlling with the corona virus or anything else they deem to be wrong.

1593555055647.png

Keep on drinkin' it!

Last edited:
Keep on drinkin' it!
Typical of someone of your ilk that starts a thread or posts in one that doesn’t know what they are talking about and when they get called out they post funny pics or jokes. It’s a shame you don’t do any research or fact checking about the topic before you started it.
Now go back to your 24 hour news channels and look for the next topic to post where you won’t have a clue.

Typical of someone of your ilk that starts a thread or posts in one that doesn’t know what they are talking about and when they get called out they post funny pics or jokes. It’s a shame you don’t do any research or fact checking about the topic before you started it.
Now go back to your 24 hour news channels and look for the next topic to post where you won’t have a clue.
I merely asked for the opinion of others. Sorry you don't like mine.

Ok instead of blabbering on then, why do people kneel or sit or hold a fist up or any other type of protest being done when the anthem is played ?
Because they know it will bring attention to their issue or because they are contemptuous of the republic for which it stands.

75% of the players in the league are black and the MSM will crucify him?

Just a guess.
You do realize this happened 4 years ago and the apology was this year don’t you ?? The msm has been crucifying him monthly for things and that hasn’t stopped him before for being an arrogant aszhole.

You do realize this happened 4 years ago and the apology was this year don’t you ?? The msm has been crucifying him monthly for things and that hasn’t stopped him before for being an arrogant aszhole.
Do you really not understand the difference or are you being dishonest again?

Funny how people pick and chose what is respectful and disrespectful. When the Flag is actually treated correctly, I'll care. I come from a military family and my dad would laugh when a flag was displayed flat, or on advertising. That's not how the Flag is supposed to be treated. He had no problem with kneeling as a peaceful protest. It is my understanding that Kaepernick consulted a Green Beret (Nate Boyer ) who advised him to kneel as a sign of respect. That sort of gets lost. My wife's family, (not a single military person for 4 generations at least) are so disgusted by the kneeling that they spit fire. My son is active duty and has no problem with it. I'm not sure high school kids fully understand what they are doing, but a lot of people don't know what they are doing half the time.

I think the kneeling upsets people too much and is probably counter productive. I would hope that people can find another way to get the point across that is more unifying than confrontational. The kneeling might be well intended, but it's become devisive. How about people get off their high horses and start treating the flag with the proper respect!

There were military things that my dad would do too. In uniform, he would not say the pledge. He would stand at attention and salute in silence. Believe me, there were times that people would get into his face about it. He rarely said a word. I think it's part of military code.
I am a former Marine and I don't see kneeling as a sign of respect. I see it as a sign of disrespect to the country when the National anthem is being played. To me it is tantamount to sticking the middle finger to the country and saying this country has nothing to be proud of. It is also a symbol of submission and the opposite of standing which is what one does when demonstrating respect. Be that as it may, Kapernick has a point in terms of the ridiculous amount of racism and little things that black people have to deal with on the daily that I don't have to deal with being a white male. I just wish he had found a different way to protest. I also stand at attention when the National anthem is played and when the Marine's Hymn is played too.

Do you know who first suggested to Kap that he should kneel instead of sit ?
Former NFL player and ex GREEN BERET Nate Boyer.

Because they know it will bring attention to their issue or because they are contemptuous of the republic for which it stands.
Absolutely it will and does. As I said if someone feels oppressed as a race and understandably so why should they be proud of that country ? It is the right they have as American citizens to protest however they want to.

Absolutely it will and does. As I said if someone feels oppressed as a race and understandably so why should they be proud of that country ? It is the right they have as American citizens to protest however they want to.
Not "however they want to." That's what the troublemakers in the streets can't get through their heads.

Makes no difference to me. There are lots of other ways he could get his message across.
Of course it doesn’t. It’s people like you that this became an issue to begin with. Instead of actually listening as to why he was kneeling you want to put your head in the sand and say he is disrespecting the flag and anthem. The ironic thing is he started kneeling in 2016 and now 4 years later kneeling has taken on a completely different issue. But yet the same dam problems.

Of course it doesn’t. It’s people like you that this became an issue to begin with. Instead of actually listening as to why he was kneeling you want to put your head in the sand and say he is disrespecting the flag and anthem. The ironic thing is he started kneeling in 2016 and now 4 years later kneeling has taken on a completely different issue. But yet the same dam problems.
So, if your team kneels this fall, what will be the message they're trying to get across?

Not "however they want to." That's what the troublemakers in the streets can't get through their heads.
I know for weeks you hid in your house but if you actually would have went to downtown Canton or Akron when there were nightly protests without any looting or rioting you might have learned something about the country you have lived in for 6 decades. Unfortunately you stayed in behind your white picket fence and watched on tv for your truths.
Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.