Kid kids kolatted at tulsa

wrestlfan

Kid gets his hand raised. Kids shake hands and leave. 1 hour later he gets called back to the mat to wrestle an overtime. They said they scores the match wrong. Mind you, he is 20 minutes from wrestling his next round. Original winner loses and is out in the blood round

The decisions have been putrid for arguably toughest tournament for youth in country.

My own son loses 2-1 in semis. 20 minutes later he is in Conso semis. He is winning 2-0 after 1. Kid chooses neutral to start second. Minute periods in consi here so you gotta get after it . My son takes the kid down. Ref stops the match. The clock never started. He takes away the takedown. I pay the 100 bucks to challenge it. After 10 minutes the head ref asks me how close the period was to being over before the takedown. Im like it wasn't the end of a period it was the beginning. He looks at me and says that's not what ref said. I asked why they never asked what my 100 dollar challenge was. They call up and start the review over. The ref lied about what I was challenging. 20 minutes later they put 44 seconds left in the second period but would not award the takedown. Unreal. My son wins 6-0 but total bs.
A ref lied about what the challenge was to save face for his total screw up. The head ref randomly asked me how close the time was to being up and that's why I was able to point out what my challenge was. On a side note they gave me my 100 bucks back and said they were really sorry. I don't wanna hear sorry I want it to be made right

Last edited:

Example #1
Seems like there needs a review of the challenge process. Get people together, ref and person paying $100. Also needs to be a time limit on challenge process. At Tulsa the more you win, the faster the matches come, especially in conso rds.

Example #2
Seems like a good learning opportunity for your son. Life is not fair. Not sure why they couldn't giv the TD and start clock at45. Lucky he was on the winning side this time.

What kind of thread title is that? What are you trying to convey with that title? Lol

I had to google a kolat. Nice move from bottom

Example #1
Seems like there needs a review of the challenge process. Get people together, ref and person paying $100. Also needs to be a time limit on challenge process. At Tulsa the more you win, the faster the matches come, especially in conso rds.

Example #2
Seems like a good learning opportunity for your son. Life is not fair. Not sure why they couldn't giv the TD and start clock at45. Lucky he was on the winning side this time.

What kind of thread title is that? What are you trying to convey with that title? Lol

I had to google a kolat. Nice move from bottom

Where I said kolated I was referring to the outcome of a match being overturned and re- done

Speaking of Tulsa, congrats to all the winners from Ohio today, a huge achievement.
  • Ben Meridieth 6U 43 lbs
  • Cohen Reer 12U 80 lbs
  • Cooper Driscoll 15U 145 lbs
  • Brayton Feister 15U 200 lbs pinned his way through the tournament
Local clubs and possible high schools for these young boys. With my boys done try to follow the new up and coming studs.

Local clubs and possible high schools for these young boys. With my boys done try to follow the new up and coming studs.
The first 2 are way too young to even be considering high schools. As for the last 2 they both wrestled under the Westshore name at Tulsa, though Feister wrestles for a lot of different clubs at these national events. I’d imagine Driscoll goes to St Ed’s. No idea on Feister, doubt he knows at this point, but he’s a big football guy as well so that will play a big factor in his decision I’d bet

Kid gets his hand raised. Kids shake hands and leave. 1 hour later he gets called back to the mat to wrestle an overtime. They said they scores the match wrong. Mind you, he is 20 minutes from wrestling his next round. Original winner loses and is out in the blood round

The decisions have been putrid for arguably toughest tournament for youth in country.

My own son loses 2-1 in semis. 20 minutes later he is in Conso semis. He is winning 2-0 after 1. Kid chooses neutral to start second. Minute periods in consi here so you gotta get after it . My son takes the kid down. Ref stops the match. The clock never started. He takes away the takedown. I pay the 100 bucks to challenge it. After 10 minutes the head ref asks me how close the period was to being over before the takedown. Im like it wasn't the end of a period it was the beginning. He looks at me and says that's not what ref said. I asked why they never asked what my 100 dollar challenge was. They call up and start the review over. The ref lied about what I was challenging. 20 minutes later they put 44 seconds left in the second period but would not award the takedown. Unreal. My son wins 6-0 but total bs.
A ref lied about what the challenge was to save face for his total screw up. The head ref randomly asked me how close the time was to being up and that's why I was able to point out what my challenge was. On a side note they gave me my 100 bucks back and said they were really sorry. I don't wanna hear sorry I want it to be made right
Not sure how they officiate in Tulsa...but in Ohio scenario #1 would never happen.
Scenario #2 is known as "bad time" and the referee would be correct to waive off the points and restart the period if the clock was not functioning or did not start. This is a judgment call on behalf of the referee. The points may be removed and the period re-started or the points remain and the time is deducted from the clock when the error is recognized. That is not the referee's error, that is the table worker error.
Seems like a review of the challenge process at Tulsa needs to happen.

Last edited:
Scenario #2 is known as "bad time" and the referee would be correct to waive off the points and restart the period if the clock was not functioning or did not start. That is not the referee's error, that is the table worker error.
Seems like scenario #2 needs reviewed and changed. Everyone watched two kids wrestle and one gets a takedown. Change the clock and go from there.

Anyone else see Josh Heil of Campbellville University lose a match at NCAA nationals due to a clock error a couple years ago. It was an embarrassment.

The first 2 are way too young to even be considering high schools. As for the last 2 they both wrestled under the Westshore name at Tulsa, though Feister wrestles for a lot of different clubs at these national events. I’d imagine Driscoll goes to St Ed’s. No idea on Feister, doubt he knows at this point, but he’s a big football guy as well so that will play a big factor in his decision I’d bet
Driscoll is a lock for St Ed's. I have heard Feister is a heavy lean toward St Ed's as well, but I admittedly do not have all the info on that, and it is pure speculation at this point.

$100 bucks for what? So the ref missed a call. A kid needs to learn not to allow a ref to determine a match. A loss isn't the end of the world. The journey is long and full of learning opportunities.

First, I have no idea what the rules are in Tulsa or for any youth event out there. This matters here.
That said, everything here depends on what the error was, who committed the error, and when it was discovered.
I assume it was a scoring error? There are different rules depending on whether additional wrestling is or is not required.
If it was an issue of a scoring error and additional wrestling is required (which apparently it was), the offended coach or the wrestler have to remain in the mat area after the match has concluded and before the start of the next match on that mat as Rule 6-6-5a (2) states.
I would be amazed if it took one hour to discover an error and expect to call the kid back to the mat.
NFHS rules (not always youth rules) state that if the next match is started, it can not be changed.
Errors by the timekeeper, scorer, or referee in a tournament are addressed in Rule 6-6-5a(1).

$100 bucks for what? So the ref missed a call. A kid needs to learn not to allow a ref to determine a match. A loss isn't the end of the world. The journey is long and full of learning opportunities.
10u 70 finals at kickoff classic in tulsa. I was coaching. first period ends and we are up 6-2. We go down in the 2nd. No scoring happens. at :49 left in the period, i look and the scoreboard says 6-4. Thank God I was there and it wasnt just his dad because dads get very emotional. I went to the table and said there is a scoring error and that green somehow had 2 points added to his score. The ref said, no its 6-4. I said where did the 2 points come from. He said there was nf2 during the period. I stated there was never anything close to being nearfall in the period. He tells me to go sit down. I lay the 100 bucks down. THe head ref comes over and asks me what I am challenging and I said the nearfall that was awarded during the period. He asks what time so they can go to that point. I say there is no time to go to because it never happened. They reviewed it, made the score 6-2. The final score was 6-4. It was Kolten Everett of BTW/ dundee in the finals. its on flo. The match time is 11 minutes as it took them awhile to review it before changing the score to the correct score.
Should I not have challenged and told my kid sometimes you get screwed son get over it, OR should I throw my 100 bucks down to get it right?

Last edited:
12u 76 eli pomeroy of boulder bandits VS. Eli Shea of Southside wrestling club
this is the match where the kid had to come back and wrestle
the dad wearing the liberty shirt was the losing kids dad he handled it well better than 99 percent of us would im sure

10u 70 finals at kickoff classic in tulsa. I was coaching. first period ends and we are up 6-2. We go down in the 2nd. No scoring happens. at :49 left in the period, i look and the scoreboard says 6-4. Thank God I was there and it wasnt just his dad because dads get very emotional. I went to the table and said there is a scoring error and that green somehow had 2 points added to his score. The ref said, no its 6-4. I said where did the 2 points come from. He said there was nf2 during the period. I stated there was never anything close to being nearfall in the period. He tells me to go sit down. I lay the 100 bucks down. THe head ref comes over and asks me what I am challenging and I said the nearfall that was awarded during the period. He asks what time so they can go to that point. I say there is no time to go to because it never happened. They reviewed it, made the score 6-2. The final score was 6-4. It was Kolten Everett of BTW/ dundee in the finals. its on flo. The match time is 11 minutes as it took them awhile to review it before changing the score to the correct score.
Should I not have challenged and told my kid sometimes you get screwed son get over it, OR should I throw my 100 bucks down to get it right?
Didn't know you got mulligans in wrestling. Never paid more than $20 for one either.