Kettering Fairmont shocking Lakota West

Firebird # 7

Kettering had a 2 to 1 lead going to the top of the 5th and then the flood gates have opened for Kettering and they have scored 8 with West commiting 5 errors so far.

I have counted Fairmont out a lot, but they seem to be living a charmed life right now. I won't be stunned if they manage to knock off Moeller. This is where the tournament gets really good because you get to see who has the best team by depth. Playing once every 5 days doesn't show that.

I'm looking forward to a great game. I hope to get over and catch some of it. What a great run by Fairmount. They have already knocked off two of SW Ohio's perrenial top teams in Elder and then Lakota West. If they would knock off Moeller then it would be a Regional Title to cherish forever in the annals at Fairmount with 3 victories in a row over three of the best programs in the state.

It's games like this why I love high school sports so much.

Go Big Moe! :cool:

Is this what your looking for?

Does anyone have a link to the box score?

Per the Cincinnati Enquirer:

WP: Lilley (7-1, 5Ks). LP: Smith (7-2, 6Ks). Hitting leaders: KF Cunningham 2-4; Green 2-4, 4 RBI. LW Fowler 1-2, RS; Greinke RBI; Beaver 2-4, RBI. Records: KF 21-10, LW 23-6.

Good Luck to Moe and the rest of the Cincinnati teams. Tell Coach Cam. I told him so. Then again he never listened to me.:rainbow:

its good to finally see fairmont junior alex lilley get some respect. the kid has been solid the past few years but doesnt get on varsity? I dont know what the fairmont coaching staff doesnt like about this kid but ive known him for a while and he is the real deal. lefty with a curve cutter slider change and 4 seam two seam. also bringing it in the high 80's. i look for him to get more respect this summer when people will notice how good he is

Fairmont Coaches

Didn't Fairmont bring in a new coach this year? If so, where did he come from?