Kettering Fairmont District Predications

Yep and both matches with Wissmar were close. The one that I didn't watch, I heard that Wissmar was up 6-0 on him before giving up several backs. The one that I did watch, Stevens won a very close match that looked like it could have gone either way. Stevens is definitely good. I didn't think that he would get beat by McCargish, but he did. I think it will be very interesting to see who gets out of this weight from districts.
Stevens ended up losing two close matches 2-1. McCargish is tough. Was tough in 7th grade at 110 and now a freshman he’s one to watch.

:stirthepot: Does anyone else care that Josh the bucksman thinks the Kettering Fairmont District is trash?

He has historically favored his northern brethren but this year he has gone too far IMHO. Claims SW gets one finalist and mostly 5-8 for our top finisher. Likes two kids named Wyatt and Kleinberg, seems to discount everyone else pretty much. All these teams from our corner are rivals at the District Tournament but now we must all pull for every kid from our area to do the best they can. I also think every high school coach in SW District should evaluate how guys can work together to get better in the off-season. Cooperation goes a long way in business, does it work that way in high school wrestling?

:stirthepot: Does anyone else care that Josh the bucksman thinks the Kettering Fairmont District is trash?

He has historically favored his northern brethren but this year he has gone too far IMHO. Claims SW gets one finalist and mostly 5-8 for our top finisher. Likes two kids named Wyatt and Kleinberg, seems to discount everyone else pretty much. All these teams from our corner are rivals at the District Tournament but now we must all pull for every kid from our area to do the best they can. I also think every high school coach in SW District should evaluate how guys can work together to get better in the off-season. Cooperation goes a long way in business, does it work that way in high school wrestling?
this years kf is not good

Kettering was not a strong district and with all the work being put in in the central region, it is in danger of falling to the bottom tier in terms of districts. Put your money where your mouth is and send your kids to get extra work in because i guarantee every other district is. dont disrespect kleinberg (300+ wins as a family) or wyatt when they are putting work in ALL year instead of for three months.

Anyone seen the movies, Hamburger Hill or When We Were Soldiers? The bad parts of those movies?

Rocco, how did Harney finish up? Nothing against Conner because he is a great wrestler, but I think Harney got it done on the big stage.

Rocco, how did Harney finish up? Nothing against Conner because he is a great wrestler, but I think Harney got it done on the big stage.
This is what I mean. Conner went 179-28 in four years and set numerous record for Springboro and yet you still have the audacity to call a kid out. Or a supporter of him out.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your clear cut bias against kids/programs from the SW district has been unfounded.

So I’d like to edit your comment to: Congratulations to all wrestlers on a wonderful 2022-23 season and congratulations again to the state champions, whether by upset or expectation.

This is what I mean. Conner went 179-28 in four years and set numerous record for Springboro and yet you still have the audacity to call a kid out. Or a supporter of him out.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your clear cut bias against kids/programs from the SW district has been unfounded.

So I’d like to edit your comment to: Congratulations to all wrestlers on a wonderful 2022-23 season and congratulations again to the state champions, whether by upset or expectation.
right

Bias? I was going back to him telling me how me thinking Harney would win over Klienburg was such a travesty, I congratulated both with wrestlers who are from the SW. Yes SW wrestling is very down right now, but I have nothing against any of them, Carson Thomas had a tremendous tourney, as did Wyatt Ferguson. I don’t care what part of the state guys are from, I live watching great kids compete and wrestle. My point was him acting like me thinking Harney would beat Klienburg was such an over site . Again congrats to all wrestler that made it this weekend, the time and commitment doesn’t go unnoticed.

If the rankings were that accurate, some people go by what they know not by the rankings. You won’t a have 106 on podium from that district at state.

I think that rocco's reaction has more to do with comments like this. Mohanna was on the podium.

Kettering District appeared way down this year! Can't fault Josh for the facts.
Problem will just get worse if things don't change. Ten years ago the kids all got together in the same room at least 3 nights a week to get some good live matches. (Not "technique"...Just solid live matches) Iron sharpening iron.
There are too many independent camps and too much jealousy amongst coaches here in the SW. Good thing we never cared what anyone else thought, we got our boys with the best technical coach to hone their craft, and spent the other nights working those moves during open mat.
Results speak for themselves. I was sitting with Byrd at the Big Ten's this year reminiscing how the boys used to RUN to the same room to scrap. Those were boys coming from both La Salle and Moeller running to the same room! Not to mention the studs from Springboro, Franklin, Day Christian, Harrison, etc.... all with the same goals and supportive parents.
Those kids at the top of the podium now are all following the same recipe for success that we followed back then.

Numbers don't lie!

Its hard to speak about how good or tough districts are simply by looking at wins and losses, or even placements. To gauge the performance of any individual, team or group of teams, you have to look at their team points earned. Attached is the breakdown of state team scores broken down by the district the teams came from. They are added up so you can see the total performance of the each district side by side. Hoover did the best with 569 state points. Perrysburg District did the second best with 510, Hilliard Davidson took third with 256.5 points, and Kettering Fairmont did the worst, but only slightly, with 255 points. Interestingly, with St. Edwards earning nearly 200 points,any district they attended would give the appearance of a tough District. But since you qualify the top 4, its kind of an illusion.

Attachments

• StatePerformanceByDistrict.PNG
    StatePerformanceByDistrict.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 41
Its hard to speak about how good or tough districts are simply by looking at wins and losses, or even placements. To gauge the performance of any individual, team or group of teams, you have to look at their team points earned. Attached is the breakdown of state team scores broken down by the district the teams came from. They are added up so you can see the total performance of the each district side by side. Hoover did the best with 569 state points. Perrysburg District did the second best with 510, Hilliard Davidson took third with 256.5 points, and Kettering Fairmont did the worst, but only slightly, with 255 points. Interestingly, with St. Edwards earning nearly 200 points,any district they attended would give the appearance of a tough District. But since you qualify the top 4, its kind of an illusion.
Stats wise there is more involved in this then just team points. You also have to take into consideration private vs public. Hoover, for example has a ton of private schools that are aloud to recruit kids. St Ed's has the whole population of the state to draw kids from. Whereas public schools do not and some of the public schools are not open enrollment. I believe that the biggest stat for a district being better than the others has to do with public or private. I would like to see public and private separated. Or have it set up like state of New Jersey. For Football and wrestling.

Stats wise there is more involved in this then just team points. You also have to take into consideration private vs public. Hoover, for example has a ton of private schools that are aloud to recruit kids. St Ed's has the whole population of the state to draw kids from. Whereas public schools do not and some of the public schools are not open enrollment. I believe that the biggest stat for a district being better than the others has to do with public or private. I would like to see public and private separated. Or have it set up like state of New Jersey. For Football and wrestling.
Trying to find the "ton of private schools" at Hoover that you are referring to...or maybe your post is sarcasm and if so, well done.

1679056923446.png

Hoover had one private school and they had the 12th highest point total. Private verse public has nothing to do with district performance.

Perrysburg has st eds private ,hoover has what private that's good ? Or what private is there?? Your reaching man.