Kettering Alter vs Indian Hill

CMorris_99

I believe that this was the regional final projection at the beginning of the season. Now it's a round 1 matchup. Can Indian Hill expose the secondary of Alter? Will Indian Hill be able to at least slow down Alter's run game? Thoughts?

Indian hill will expose Alters secondary and their defense will not be able to stop Alters offense........should be a great game.....survive and move on...

This might be a dumb question so I apologize I'm advance but where is this game? Alter doesn't have a home stadium do they?

Alter DBs will be exposed and then vastly improved the following week. Player to watch is #42 for Alter. One of the best I've seen. Ever.

It is not like Alters DB'S aren't tested each week. No one has been able to run the ball all year on this defense, and that will not change this week. Teams then pass 60-70% of the time and their QB's get beat up with the pass rush and then start throwing picks.

big test early for the Knights; do what they need to do to put pressure on their QB, break up the passes, and move the ball down field and they'll be just fine against Indian Hill. Will be a good game

Alter in a laugher. They are the best D4 team around here and they will be going to state. They remind me of the old Centerville teams from the 80's. Just good old fashioned disciplined football. They do not make mistakes and will capitalize on yours. I saw them destroy a 6-4 team this last weekend....44-0 at the half. They are that good.

Alter in a laugher. They are the best D4 team around here and they will be going to state. They remind me of the old Centerville teams from the 80's. Just good old fashioned disciplined football. They do not make mistakes and will capitalize on yours. I saw them destroy a 6-4 team this last weekend....44-0 at the half. They are that good.

starting to like you creek85 haha

I assume the CHL doesn't have many posters let alone an indian hill guy. I know there's a mariemont guy out there but nothing else

IH will need to score quick and early if they want to have a chance in this game, but I don't see this being a close game for more than 1 quarter. I'll take Alter 42-10

Alter will win comfortably. IH rolled through a terrible CHL, except Wyoming who will win their first game but then probably nothing after that. I do see IH putting up a decent amount of points though. I'll go Alter 49-30.

IH has a QB that is the closest thing to Tim Tebow for small high school football. Reed Aichholz is a big lefty who has thrown for nearly 2,000 yards. He hasn't run as much this year but I expect him to have lots of carries out of empty sets this week. Their leading rusher is Zarian Hunter-Cure. He has about 1200 yards and 19 TDs. Reed's brother Dawson might be their best receiver.

Alter is on a different level though. It will be interesting to see if it is a close game. Alter hasn't played a semi-close game since week 1 and IH only played 2 games where their guys played more than 3 quarters. I will take Alter 42 IH 20.

IH is much better than their seed. A weak conference and weak OOC schedule hurt their seed. I don't see them winning this game though. I believe they will be w/out a very good LB due to injury. Reed Aicholz is a strong player but Can't do it alone. Alter's line play will be too much for IH. Expect to see Reed Aicholz to play a number of snaps at DE as well. Brother Dawson does a nice job at WR and DB. Fiore makes a lot of things happen and is fun to watch. I will give IH a punchers chance, but the smart money is on the Knights. Bummer these two meet up in first round.

IH has a QB that is the closest thing to Tim Tebow for small high school football. Reed Aichholz is a big lefty who has thrown for nearly 2,000 yards. He hasn't run as much this year but I expect him to have lots of carries out of empty sets this week. Their leading rusher is Zarian Hunter-Cure. He has about 1200 yards and 19 TDs. Reed's brother Dawson might be their best receiver.

Alter is on a different level though. It will be interesting to see if it is a close game. Alter hasn't played a semi-close game since week 1 and IH only played 2 games where their guys played more than 3 quarters. I will take Alter 42 IH 20.

If that's IH approach, Reed will be in for a long day. Spreading Alter in 5 wide, means nothing. They still will give you 6 in the box and will play cover 0 across the board. At least use a back. At that point, you'll still get the 6 in the box and they will switch to cover 1 though they will sometimes bring 7 and play 0.

IH is really good and besides the QB, they have many good athletes. They are a dominant team in Cincinnati and would probably beat Wyoming if given another chance.

If Alter beats up IH, then this will be further proof that the public schools and the private schools DO NOT PLAY ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. For the OHSAA to pretend that competitive balance will fix this is a sham. Public schools do all of the work to keep OHSAA a quality organization and the private schools reap all the benefits by putting recruited all-star teams on the field.

I have no affiliation with IH or any great love for IH, but I am sure that they have lost plenty of athletes to Moeller, Summit and Cincinnati Country Day.

#JustSayNoToPrivateSchoolAllStarTeams

IH is really good and besides the QB, they have many good athletes. They are a dominant team in Cincinnati and would probably beat Wyoming if given another chance.

If Alter beats up IH, then this will be further proof that the public schools and the private schools DO NOT PLAY ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. For the OHSAA to pretend that competitive balance will fix this is a sham. Public schools do all of the work to keep OHSAA a quality organization and the private schools reap all the benefits by putting recruited all-star teams on the field.

I have no affiliation with IH or any great love for IH, but I am sure that they have lost plenty of athletes to Moeller, Summit and Cincinnati Country Day.

Couldn't disagree more. IH got knocked out of the playoffs last year when they couldn't slow down the Massie rushing attack. I will agree that IH has more than their QB, they have some studs that would fit well on about any team.
Alter dominates because they have a great system. Complain about recruiting, all-stars, etc... to be the best, you have to beat the best and there's no secret... Alter is always one of the best. However, look at last year... they were not even the best team in their league. Not that they weren't good but they dropped out in the second round. People who complain about private/public are just looking for excuses because they can't find another way. Those kids who play for Alter? They 're 16-18 years old and can be beat on any given night. What makes them good is not because they are a private school, it's because they bust . Those kids are all very discipline, they show up to weight lifting all year, they listen and work in practice and... Alter does what winners in Ohio do: 1. Run the football to control the clock and eliminate weather as a factor. 2. Play championship defense. 3. Put serious emphasis on special teams.
Their offensive scheme is incredibly hard to prepare for because it's rare. You don't see too many teams running the bone anymore... but the teams you do see, who have good coaches and who have stuck with it: Alter, Massie, Colerain. Even though Colerain and sometimes Massie tend to be in more of a Georgia Tech/Flexbone look, the triple is still their go to.
I say all this as a lifetime public school guy. So don't go all soft and start crying about this and that. IH has already lost once, to a public school. They're good, but not THAT good. They play a decent schedule but have very little playoff experience and yes, that matters. They also run a horrible system for November in Ohio. You can't chuck the rock when it's in the 40's, windy, possibly wet/snowy. It usually doesn't work out.
#Suckitupbuttercup

it's about the commitment to the school by kids and Parents, that's it in a nutshell

GCL was weak and probably didn't prepare the Knights for Playoff run. Should be a good close game this weekend.

Agreed. But CHL weak with exception of Wyoming. IH did play and beat New Richmond (9-1) D3 playoff team. Think this will be close game, hoping Alter comes out on top.

I believe Alter's defense will do well against IH, but not because of their secondary, it'll be their dominance up front. Alter's defense will get after the QB all night long. I think Alter wins:

Alter 42
IH 14