Kettering Alter vs. Badin Week 12

PETENICE

Curious everyone's thoughts on this game. From what I've read Alter has turned it around since playing Badin earlier in the season. Predictions?

Go Rams!!! What Badin did to a good Ross team was eye opening.

What Alter was able to do in back to back weeks to CJ is also eye opening.

Both teams seem to be peaking at the right time....I'll go Rams 21-14.

I’m pulling for Alter because I want to see them play Trotwood but I still think Badin is better, especially after that win against Ross.

The revenge factor is powerful.... but then again, it wasn't enough for Alter a few years again when they played Fenwick twice. However, I suspect it will be powerful enough to split with Badin this year.

If Wapak can stay within shouting distance of Trotwood, I don’t see a reason either Badin or Alter can’t make it game. Badin would beat Wapak by at least 21, probably more, and I believe Alter would have very little trouble with Wapak. Team by team comparisons aren’t always the best since some teams just match up better against others, but Badin, and to a certain extent Alter, are just more athelically capable of hanging with Trotwood than Wapak

I'm going with the Rams in this one. I think both teams are peaking at the right time, but I believe Badin is the better team. It will be a lot closer this time around but Badin pulls it out 24-14.

If Wapak can stay within shouting distance of Trotwood, I don’t see a reason either Badin or Alter can’t make it game. Badin would beat Wapak by at least 21, probably more, and I believe Alter would have very little trouble with Wapak. Team by team comparisons aren’t always the best since some teams just match up better against others, but Badin, and to a certain extent Alter, are just more athelically capable of hanging with Trotwood than Wapak

What makes you think Badin would beat Wapak by at least 21? Trotwood scored two touchdowns on special teams and still only beat Wapak by 12. Beating Trotwood isn’t about being as athletic as them. Nobody out athletes Trotwood except for the D1 schools they play and Winton Woods. You have to out coach them.

What makes you think Badin would beat Wapak by at least 21? Trotwood scored two touchdowns on special teams and still only beat Wapak by 12. Beating Trotwood isn’t about being as athletic as them. Nobody out athletes Trotwood except for the D1 schools they play and Winton Woods. You have to out coach them.
I'm not saying either Badin or Alter are as athletic as Trotwood, nor am I saying they have to be to beat Trotwood, but you do have to a level of athleticism to play Trotwood. I don't care how good of coach you are, you can't coach speed and athleticism. As far as coaching, I'll take Yordy and Domitz over just about any coach out there. Guarantee Yordy doesn't allow 2 special teams TD's if they play Trotwood, why? Because he won't kick to them. Saw him do it to Fenwick this year. Fenwick has a great returner. Kickoff's, they squibbed it a couple of times, kick opposite him a couple of times. Fenwick was actually trying to hide him at one time by stacking him with a couple of other returners, Badin saw it and kicked onside kick that was recovered with no Fenwick kid within 5-10 yards. Same with punting. Badin's kicker does an exceptional job with directional punting. Not going to allow it to happen. I've seen Alter do it over the years.
As far of margin of victory, 21 points might not be high enough. Eyeball and common opponents is my only reasoning. Wapak only regular season loss was to Kenton. Kenton just got destroyed by a Indian Hill team. Indian Hill tied Fenwick (5-5) in a scrimmage and lost to McNicholas (3-7) 17-7 in the regular season. Badin beat Fenwick 34-6 and McNicholas 27-3. Alter somehow lost to Fenwick but beat McNicholas 56-7. Trotwood beats Fairmont 24-15, Alter beats Fairmont 21-7. Comparing scores of common opponents leaves a lot to be desired, but that is what I'm using to predict a large margin of victory by Badin over Wapak.

I'm not saying either Badin or Alter are as athletic as Trotwood, nor am I saying they have to be to beat Trotwood, but you do have to a level of athleticism to play Trotwood. I don't care how good of coach you are, you can't coach speed and athleticism. As far as coaching, I'll take Yordy and Domitz over just about any coach out there. Guarantee Yordy doesn't allow 2 special teams TD's if they play Trotwood, why? Because he won't kick to them. Saw him do it to Fenwick this year. Fenwick has a great returner. Kickoff's, they squibbed it a couple of times, kick opposite him a couple of times. Fenwick was actually trying to hide him at one time by stacking him with a couple of other returners, Badin saw it and kicked onside kick that was recovered with no Fenwick kid within 5-10 yards. Same with punting. Badin's kicker does an exceptional job with directional punting. Not going to allow it to happen. I've seen Alter do it over the years.
As far of margin of victory, 21 points might not be high enough. Eyeball and common opponents is my only reasoning. Wapak only regular season loss was to Kenton. Kenton just got destroyed by a Indian Hill team. Indian Hill tied Fenwick (5-5) in a scrimmage and lost to McNicholas (3-7) 17-7 in the regular season. Badin beat Fenwick 34-6 and McNicholas 27-3. Alter somehow lost to Fenwick but beat McNicholas 56-7. Trotwood beats Fairmont 24-15, Alter beats Fairmont 21-7. Comparing scores of common opponents leaves a lot to be desired, but that is what I'm using to predict a large margin of victory by Badin over Wapak.
Your comparison of What-Ifs is almost as laughable as, what if I crapped gold bricks? Would I be rich? Not even sure why Wapak is even mentioned in this thread. Last I checked Trotwood beat Wapak (fair and square I might add, heck of a game to watch though).

I think Badin squeaks out another victory in this one. Good luck to all four teams playing this week from the region.

Think this could be a great game. Would like to know if McDonald will be available. Last week Alter stepped up, this week will be more difficultit as I think Badin is best team in league. Have a bad feeling knights lose in tight one. But who knows i cant believe they made the playoffs let alone the second round. Hope it is not to cold, going to be fun to watch. Go Knights!

Alter is definitely a different team from 5-6 weeks ago. I have no idea if McDonald will play or not. Alter cannot give up the big passes, trick plays, and fumble on every special teams. Offensively, I think Alter having a better fullback and a couple of new faces on the offensive line has helped them the last three weeks.

Is there a reason why you would take Yordy over any coach out there? How is he any better than Wapak’s Travis Moyer? They played each other when Yordy was offensive coordinator at Healthy and Wapak held his offense to 7 points, and Healthy had David Montgomery who is now on the Bears. Since he’s been at Badin, he has gone 5-5, 8-4, and currently 8-3. Impressive, but not better than “any coach out there.” In Moyer’s first 3 years, he went 12-1, 12-1, and 9-2 with 3 losses to Trotwood and one loss to 11-2 St. Mary’s. I’ll give you Domitz, he’s had proven success over a long period of time.
I get your “what-if” scores, but they’re in all honesty irrelevant. Trotwood beat Lebanon by 5, while Wayne beat Lebanon by two scores. By your logic, Wayne wound beat Trotwood. Oh wait, Trotwood beat Wayne 40-28. You even showed how they don’t make sense when you stated that Alter lost to Fenwick even though Alter beat McNicholas worse than Fenwick did. Kenton lost to Indian Hill but threw 5 interceptions and 2 pick-sixes. Kenton’s offense is very hit or miss so that blowout loss is understandable.

Think this could be a great game. Would like to know if McDonald will be available. Last week Alter stepped up, this week will be more difficultit as I think Badin is best team in league. Have a bad feeling knights lose in tight one. But who knows i cant believe they made the playoffs let alone the second round. Hope it is not to cold, going to be fun to watch. Go Knights!

CJ handled Badin. Really sort of embarrassed them. Alter beats CJ twice. Head to head is really all that matters. Can’t really compare scores with other opponents.

I've been generally surprised by Alter's turnaround in recent weeks. Not that I don't expect a lot from Alter, because I always do, but mostly because of how great their struggles were throughout the season. Hats off to Coach D and his staff for what they've been able to do with this team as the season progressed. They'll have another opportunity this week to show us how improved this team really is. Badin didn't just beat Alter in Week 6, they dismantled them. I'll be interested to see what adjustments both teams make and to see how this game plays out. I'm expecting a much more competitive game this time around.

My prediction:

Badin 21
Alter 17

Is there a reason why you would take Yordy over any coach out there? How is he any better than Wapak’s Travis Moyer? They played each other when Yordy was offensive coordinator at Healthy and Wapak held his offense to 7 points, and Healthy had David Montgomery who is now on the Bears. Since he’s been at Badin, he has gone 5-5, 8-4, and currently 8-3. Impressive, but not better than “any coach out there.” In Moyer’s first 3 years, he went 12-1, 12-1, and 9-2 with 3 losses to Trotwood and one loss to 11-2 St. Mary’s. I’ll give you Domitz, he’s had proven success over a long period of time.
I get your “what-if” scores, but they’re in all honesty irrelevant. Trotwood beat Lebanon by 5, while Wayne beat Lebanon by two scores. By your logic, Wayne wound beat Trotwood. Oh wait, Trotwood beat Wayne 40-28. You even showed how they don’t make sense when you stated that Alter lost to Fenwick even though Alter beat McNicholas worse than Fenwick did. Kenton lost to Indian Hill but threw 5 interceptions and 2 pick-sixes. Kenton’s offense is very hit or miss so that blowout loss is understandable.
I'll take Yordy because he is the coach of the school my kid goes to. I'll take Domitz because he has kicked a lot of butts over the years in the GCL coed and state, and found it humorous a lot of Alter fans wanted his head mid year. Maybe his best coaching job ever. Other than the GCL coed and south schools, I know maybe a handful of high school coaches in my own city, never the less, the whole state. Why the heck would I care about Wapak's coach? Wouldn't know him from Jamie Moyer or Travis Steele. They never play Badin or any other team I follow in the regular season.

Everyone knows, at least I hope so, that comparing scores is worthless unless it is head to head. It was a paradoxical statement directed at unnamed posters that come on here with ridiculous stuff in my opinion. We've comments about kids getting kicked off for fighting, failing drug tests, accusations of twisting ankles. Trotwood holds on every play. So and So kid runs his mouth. In my opinion it takes away from the accomplishment of the kids. Garth or new old blood called me out on it earlier in the year about a hit I didn't think was clean in the Fenwick-Badin game and whoever it was right and I deleted it.

I'll take Yordy because he is the coach of the school my kid goes to. I'll take Domitz because he has kicked a lot of butts over the years in the GCL coed and state, and found it humorous a lot of Alter fans wanted his head mid year. Maybe his best coaching job ever. Other than the GCL coed and south schools, I know maybe a handful of high school coaches in my own city, never the less, the whole state. Why the heck would I care about Wapak's coach? Wouldn't know him from Jamie Moyer or Travis Steele. They never play Badin or any other team I follow in the regular season.

Everyone knows, at least I hope so, that comparing scores is worthless unless it is head to head. It was a paradoxical statement directed at unnamed posters that come on here with ridiculous stuff in my opinion. We've comments about kids getting kicked off for fighting, failing drug tests, accusations of twisting ankles. Trotwood holds on every play. So and So kid runs his mouth. In my opinion it takes away from the accomplishment of the kids. Garth or new old blood called me out on it earlier in the year about a hit I didn't think was clean in the Fenwick-Badin game and whoever it was right and I deleted it.

I only brought up Wapak’s coach because it felt like you were implying that Coach Yordy is light years ahead of him because Coach Yordy would never allow 2 special teams touchdowns. If your son plays for him, then I feel like you have a good opinion of him. He is probably a really good coach. He’s completely turned around Badin.

I've been generally surprised by Alter's turnaround in recent weeks. Not that I don't expect a lot from Alter, because I always do, but mostly because of how great their struggles were throughout the season. Hats off to Coach D and his staff for what they've been able to do with this team as the season progressed. They'll have another opportunity this week to show us how improved this team really is. Badin didn't just beat Alter in Week 6, they dismantled them. I'll be interested to see what adjustments both teams make and to see how this game plays out. I'm expecting a much more competitive game this time around.

My prediction:

Badin 21
Alter 17
A reasonable prediction. Alter was horrible in the last Badin game. Penalties, missed blocks and tackles, abandoned coverages, general lack of anything productive. A young Alter team, looked like freshmen all around.

Badin, on the other hand, looked like an Alter team. Disciplined, patient, executing well, generally aggressive.

Coach D and the other coaches obviously fixed a lot of things. Also, kudos to the kids, who bought in and didn't fold when a couple games went south.

CJ played well enough to win last week, but the ball bounced Alter's way. It happens. It was actually a great high school game. Lots of good stuff on both sides. Hope it happens again this Friday.

Also hoping most of the starters are available this week. Last week the other guys picked up the injured, and played with some fire. We'll need that this week.

Yeah that guy has no idea. Clearly. I was laughing out loud when I read that. Ha, embarrassed. Guys a clown. Not sure if he was at that game. But it was raining all night and Badin had missed opportunities on offense and missed 2 big plays from CJs offense. Definitely not an embarrassment though.
I would definitely say holding a team to 3 points after what Badin did to Alter is embarrassing. And, yes I was at the game rooting for Badin.

CJ handled Badin. Really sort of embarrassed them. Alter beats CJ twice. Head to head is really all that matters. Can’t really compare scores with other opponents.

It was 17-3 dude, hardly an embarrassment. If my memory serves me correctly Badin missed in multiple opportunities in the red zone that could have easily shifted the tide in that game.

It was 17-3 dude, hardly an embarrassment. If my memory serves me correctly Badin missed in multiple opportunities in the red zone that could have easily shifted the tide in that game.

They get 42 on Alter, 45 on Carroll, and 46 on Ross??? But they can only get 3 against CJ? This was their chance for an outright a GCL title. At the least, really disappointing for a team who averaged 30 points per game.

How are the injured players for Alter looking mid-week? Are any expected to be back this week against Badin?