Kentucky basketball upset by Evansville

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
One week after opening the season with an upset of then No. 1 Michigan State in the Champion's Classic, Kentucky lost its first game as the nation's top-ranked team 67-64 to former UK great Walter McCarty-coached Evansville.

Kentucky trailed for all but 5:44 in the game and led just once in the second half. Evansville won despite shooting 38.3% from the field and 30% (9 for 30) from 3-point range.

Spille

Def a shocker. As a UK fan, I feel like UK is overrated to start the year every year and this year was no different. I was pleasantly surprised they beat MSU last week, but tonight was a surprise. This UK teams needs some toughness. I saw it last week against MSU, I guess tonight they though they could just show up and win.

Omar

Nice win for Evansville. It’s an embarrassing loss for UK, but November basketball is basically meaningless. Getting beat by 30 v Duke has zero impact on them last yr, don’t think this loss will have a long term impact on the season

Zezzo!

College basketball is wide open this season as there no dominant team however teams like Dayton will be a tough out come tournament time.