Ken Rector Named Head Girls’ Basketball Coach of the Lady Magics

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The Barberton Board of Education, Barberton City Schools and Magics Athletics Department are proud to announce that the new Girls’ Basketball Head Coach is Ken Rector. Ken is a 1984 BHS graduate and currently is a Business teacher at Barberton High School. He will be beginning his 25th year teaching in the district and was the Varsity Boys’ Head Coach for twenty years where he compiled a record of 314 – 134. “I’m very excited and grateful to be named the next girls’ basketball coach at Barberton High School. Coach Whitmer has done a great job with the program the last 6 years and I’m just hoping to continue and move forward what he started.”

During his time as the head of the Magics, Coach Rector was Coach of the Year in the Suburban League three times and in the Western Reserve Conference five times. He was the AP Division I COY in 2009 along with the AP Ohio Division Co-Coach of the year in 2009 as well. He is a member of the Barberton Sports HOF, Greater Akron Basketball Coaches HOF and was selected for the Akron Beacon Journal Clem Caraboolad Award in 2009.
Read more: