Keeping wrestlers engaged during this time...

CoachOney

What are some things coaches are doing to keep their guys engaged during this weird time? By now we have been going hard during open mats and weight training with those not playing spring sports. Twitter and Instagram are great for contact, but what else? I'm curious. I miss my routine, I miss my guys, this sucks I hope everyone is staying safe and sane.

I have been sending out body weight workouts to my athletes to keep them engaged physically. I also bought Coach Meyers home workout program and got it to the guys so they can work out daily.

Recently I started doing zoom meetings with them to talk about school work, workouts, wrestling in general, things like that. Granted we don't have many kids so it's easier for me than others but this is the best I could come up with right now.

These guys organized a competition then worked towards that.

Sandbags are pretty cheap and you can make one for your weight class.

Maybe get your team to get some sandbags and organize a remote competition around a sandbag workout? Have the sandbags weigh in, etc.

I've been posting daily technique videos via Instagram/Twitter as well as suggested workouts all on my Google Classroom that I set up for the team. I also like the idea of Zoom/Google Hangout meetings....the face-to-face is what is truly being missed my our student/athletes at this time. I will be setting up a Google Hangout to do a group workout but more importantly just to see them.

Thanks for the feedback. I enjoy Google hangouts, but as you mention, I truly miss the face to face with my team, and my students.