KEEPING TRACK - Marshall University add Men’s Track & Field By Rod O’Donnell

Newton's Third

In today's climate of rapidly changing conference affiliations, schools like Marshall and Akron may be actively pursuing inclusion in a power 5 conference or a different conference upgrade. I am not suggesting they will succeed but an AD who could pull that off at those schools would certainly get attention at some very high paying universities. A school without a full complement of sports would likely not be considered. So I would not be surprised if something like this was behind these re-introductions of track and XC. No matter the inspiration, it is refreshing to see.

CC Track Fan

In today's climate of rapidly changing conference affiliations, schools like Marshall and Akron may be actively pursuing inclusion in a power 5 conference or a different conference upgrade. I am not suggesting they will succeed but an AD who could pull that off at those schools would certainly get attention at some very high paying universities. A school without a full complement of sports would likely not be considered. So I would not be surprised if something like this was behind these re-introductions of track and XC. No matter the inspiration, it is refreshing to see.
That could be a factor. I also think they are seeing that the tuition, fees and room and board these student athletes paid (since they are not on full rides) was more than the costs to run these programs.