Kareem Hunt

Still inexcusable. Sad.

The curious thing to me is that this took so long to get out. Seems we heard murmurs of this months and months ago. Not an adequate "settlement" offered to hush it up and delete the footage ?

Good grief, not a smart move; why wouldn't he tell the Chiefs what happened.
It is not Ray Rice level, but shoving and kicking her when she was down is bad enough. 6 game suspension for first offense.

"The she was causing trouble" defense fails when you return to the fight, dive into her, then kick her when she's down. Between Garreon Conley, Justin Bieber and Kareem Hunt, late night Cleveland is taking it's own beating.

You just know that, by now, the NFL warns these instantly-wealthy kids and tries to train them in what they should do to control the type of situations they are in - especially if they can't control themselves.

I guess life gets tricky when you become a skank-magnet. If you can't control your impulses, you'd better be careful where you hang out and who gets close to you.

Chiefs are just a little inconsistent in drafting and making a star out of Tyreke Hill yet dispatching Hunt so expeditiously.

Just a reminder of Hill's issue-

Hill, then a 20-year-old star returner and wide receiver at Oklahoma State, was at his apartment with his girlfriend, who was eight weeks pregnant with their child, when she received a text message from someone saying that Hill had been “hitting on high schoolers.” According to the police report and court testimony, Hill threw her phone and laptop into the hallway and shut her out of his room. When she re-entered, Hill hit her in the face, choked her and punched her in the stomach. He put her in a headlock that put “external pressure on her neck that compressed her airway” according to his statement in his guilty plea.

He pled guilty to a felony.

Just to clarify, they're both scum. I'm not in any way excusing Hunt's behavior by comparing it to Hunt's.

Was Dorsey there when he was drafted?

Yep, and Tyreke Hill. That's a reason the rumor about Reuben Foster was so believable.

I think maybe the next people to start taking heat on this are the Cleveland Police.

I'm always amazed by how TMZ gets this stuff but the NFL can't.

Chiefs are just a little inconsistent in drafting and making a star out of Tyreke Hill yet dispatching Hunt so expeditiously.

Just a reminder of Hill's issue-

Hill, then a 20-year-old star returner and wide receiver at Oklahoma State, was at his apartment with his girlfriend, who was eight weeks pregnant with their child, when she received a text message from someone saying that Hill had been “hitting on high schoolers.” According to the police report and court testimony, Hill threw her phone and laptop into the hallway and shut her out of his room. When she re-entered, Hill hit her in the face, choked her and punched her in the stomach. He put her in a headlock that put “external pressure on her neck that compressed her airway” according to his statement in his guilty plea.

He pled guilty to a felony.

Just to clarify, they're both scum. I'm not in any way excusing Hunt's behavior by comparing it to Hunt's.

Different scenarios. Although Hill is a turd, he admitted to it and the process ran it's course. Hunt, on the other hand, lied to the Chiefs back when this first happened.

Different scenarios. Although Hill is a turd, he admitted to it and the process ran it's course. Hunt, on the other hand, lied to the Chiefs back when this first happened.

What did he tell them? I'm not seeing anything in that vid that I don't recall being discussed back in February. Am I remembering wrong?

Hunt and Hill are clearly different situations, no doubt.

Oddly, Hill's transgressions were much more serious.

Maybe John Lynch will take a chance on Hunt. Worked out well for him with Reuben Foster.

What did he tell them? I'm not seeing anything in that vid that I don't recall being discussed back in February. Am I remembering wrong?

Yep
Source- The Athletic’s Nate Taylor - you have to pay to read the article:

"Hunt complicated his situation, according to a team source, by not informing the Chiefs of the incident later in the day on Feb. 10. The Chiefs learned of Hunt’s altercation after it became public through two police reports, neither of which included anything about Hunt kicking the woman. In the months that followed, the Chiefs on multiple occasions asked Hunt to be completely truthful about what happened that night. “I never left the (hotel) room,” Hunt told the Chiefs each time. “I didn’t do a thing.”..."

Also from The Athletic:
"The Chiefs, according to multiple league sources, knew video evidence of the altercation existed, but they were told by the NFL to stop pursuing it later in February once the league began its investigation. The league, however, couldn’t obtain the video."

Nate Taylor is the KC Chief's beat reporter for The Athletic

BTW if Hunt had told them something different, the Chief's would have treated the situation differently. Chief's know that they could tolerate a 6 game suspension, they couldn't tolerate being lied to after they publicly stood behind Hunt's version.

Last edited: