Kansas Voters Speak

Wrong again.

And it is regrettable, if you are still a member of the Catholic Church, if you see those “obsessed” with saving the lives of unborn babies as “fake Christans”. They may become a bit myopic in their zeal, but if that’s truly your opinion, you are as much of a stain on the Catholic Church as the godless, irreligious Jews that compose the ACLU. I guess you are a Man for Others if “the Others” are able to cast a vote in the near future. Sad. You realize that you are aligned with people that see Crisis Pregnancy Centers that try to adopt out unwanted pregnancies as an enemy to be eradicated. Your grandparents would each be so proud if they could see you today, amirite?!?

Taking on abortion and the ridiculous RvW “right to privacy” argument was always a second term Trump goal for me. I guess the true believers went with ASAP. That must be God’s will.

Not a catholic and regardless do not feel compelled to dictate my faith on others. Nothing and no one is stopping you or other catholics from living your life per your moral beliefs. Even as they conflict with the church, as they often do. Btw the Church has enough stains on their own. And I wouldn't exactly call you a model representative.

Emotions have powerful influences on the mind. I'm sorry you can't understand the whole Abortion argument. People in Kansas have spoken.
Yup. The people deemed the new proposed law to be too restrictive.

So, when a measure restricting abortion is written that reflects the will of the people, it will be approved. That is how we should be governed, and Justices issuing interpretations should be a last resort, not legislating from the bench as SOP, as Roe v. Wade turned out to be and how the progressives got their way when they were able to load up the Supreme Court

Last edited:
Holy crap.

Was your history teacher stupid?

lmao
I think that Joe’s sports is a social studies and history teacher. He’s just too far under 50, and was gaslit by progressives from the time he was a child. If Joe sports really is a teacher as I suspect, he’s like the molested that becomes a child molester.

#BreakTheCycleOfAbusiveProgressivism

Agreed. Every state should have the same taxes, same funding, same federal infrastructure. Let’s stop sending so much federal aide to Cali, Illinois and NY just because they have larger populations. Let’s increase Ohios taxes to the same tax rates of California, anyone making over 61k, be prepared to pay 9% for anything over $61,000. Time to bump the sales tax in Ohio by 1.25%. All states are treated the same.
Divide by 50.

Yeah, they'll be screaming state's rights in 30 seconds.

Agreed. Every state should have the same taxes, same funding, same federal infrastructure. Let’s stop sending so much federal aide to Cali, Illinois and NY just because they have larger populations. Let’s increase Ohios taxes to the same tax rates of California, anyone making over 61k, be prepared to pay 9% for anything over $61,000. Time to bump the sales tax in Ohio by 1.25%. All states are treated the same.
I guess you don’t know understand the difference between equal and the same … not surprised.

Sorry I am just not a big believer of "States Rights" ... why should because one person lives here and the other person lives there ... one of them is allowed to do something and the other is not ... I believe all Americans should be treated equal .... that explains it ... you guys don't ... MAGA!!!!
States rights pre-dates MAGA by almost 250 years.

But why stop with just the USA? How about the people in the world that aren't treated equal to us? Let's have one single government in the world.

All is well pro-choice child choppers. There is still plenty of opportunities to terminate the tiniest of humans.
your post just inspired a mental picture that spilled over into recent news for me.

They should call that Ginsu ninja drone that just chopped that terrorist up on his balcony in Kabul the Democrat late term abortion.

The problem is not wholly Dems or Repub cowards. The problem is us.
We are no longer a country that believes in any objective morality. There is no set standard anymore.
Our religion is satanic.
It is ye be like God and do what thou wilt.
When you have been taught for 50+ years that abortion is a right and the virtues of narcissism what do you expect to be the results of such teachings?
This will continue and you will be shocked when the day comes and you no longer have any liberty. If you think it cannot happen how short of a memory do we have? It takes only one event to make 95% of people to fall in line, and the line is not going to be even close to anything representing liberty and freedom.

People need to let this play out because it's way to early even though the look is no matter what people want the right to kill their baby which is fine because I won't need to answer for their shedding of innocent blood. By the way don't underestimate the evangelical vote from here on out.

People need to let this play out because it's way to early even though the look is no matter what people want the right to kill their baby which is fine because I won't need to answer for their shedding of innocent blood. By the way don't underestimate the evangelical vote from here on out.
It could be that people where lazy and did not get out to vote in Kansas.. Over half of the registered Pubs did not show up. That is on them. Somehow they thought RvW was the last battle in the war…. It is just starting.

So set me straight. In Kansas currently, can you get an abortion anytime for any reason? Or is it illegal after 12 weeks, which has been pretty standard?

So set me straight. In Kansas currently, can you get an abortion anytime for any reason? Or is it illegal after 12 weeks, which has been pretty standard?
I dont think you can insert a pair of scissors in the base of a baby’s brain at birth in Kansas, but who knows? Maybe as long as it is part of a satanic ritual it might be protected by the Constitution.

I dont think you can insert a pair of scissors in the base of a baby’s brain at birth in Kansas, but who knows? Maybe as long as it is part of a satanic ritual it might be protected by the Constitution.
If you were writing an abortion law, what would the law say?

I think it’s a moral and a civil rights issue (which is in conflict with D Party policy positions which sees it as a civil rights only issue).

I think abortion should be, essentially, a woman’s choice in the first trimester…at least long enough for a woman to know she’s pregnant and some period of time to consider the implications. Beyond that, fairly limited…health of the mother, rape, things Of that nature…

I think it’s a moral and a civil rights issue (which is in conflict with D Party policy positions which sees it as a civil rights only issue).

I think abortion should be, essentially, a woman’s choice in the first trimester…at least long enough for a woman to know she’s pregnant and some period of time to consider the implications. Beyond that, fairly limited…health of the mother, rape, things Of that nature…
In my lifetime, that's kind of the way I had perceived it. Just in the last 6 weeks everything has gone haywire. I still feel it's an emotional and moral issue for the woman, no matter the laws. So are some pushing for women to be able to abort right up delivery??

In my lifetime, that's kind of the way I had perceived it. Just in the last 6 weeks everything has gone haywire. I still feel it's an emotional and moral issue for the woman, no matter the laws. So are some pushing for women to be able to abort right up delivery??
You ask pro life people to get beyond that phrase, and it stops them dead in their tracks. Recall the ‘16 election, when Trump was learning the issues, claimed to be pro life…was asked in an interview…does that mean you want to prosecute a mother for murder if she has an abortion? Trump said ”yes”. Then he was taken to the woodshed by his handlers and said “of course I don’t want to prosecute mommy for murder”.

You ask a pro lifer what legislation should look like, and you frequently get the sound of crickets…

So are some pushing for women to be able to abort right up delivery??
Well, that’s the problem with seeing it as a civil right (of the mother) and noting else applies. The polling on abortion is basically pro Roe and the numbers drop precipitously as the months go on.

You ask pro life people to get beyond that phrase, and it stops them dead in their tracks. Recall the ‘16 election, when Trump was learning the issues, claimed to be pro life…was asked in an interview…does that mean you want to prosecute a mother for murder if she has an abortion? Trump said ”yes”. Then he was taken to the woodshed by his handlers and said “of course I don’t want to prosecute mommy for murder”.

You ask a pro lifer what legislation should look like, and you frequently get the sound of crickets…
I can answer that question as I grow older I get more conservative even though I don't understand why it has to be a conservative/liberal issue because everybody should be disgusted with it. I say prosecute everybody involved. I still don't understand why the female gets off the hook. Still hear crickets. So now how would you word it?

Well, we know for sure what the “slippery slope” argument that you flirt with frequently gets us, because we have a 50 year history of de-volving morals, to the point where aborted fetal tissue for the sick ghouls at Planned et al to sell is a regular part of the budget

That's what your law would "say?"

Can you be anymore vague? lol

I can answer that question as I grow older I get more conservative even though I don't understand why it has to be a conservative/liberal issue because everybody should be disgusted with it. I say prosecute everybody involved. I still don't understand why the female gets off the hook. Still hear crickets. So now how would you word it?
How do you feel about an IUD? A morning after pill? Snuffing out a fertilized egg…

Overturning Roe was a bad decision and bad precedent and this time they overreached. American people (most) will not be cowed by the far right fake christians trying to force their fundamentalist beliefs on everyone else.

They will try though, and continue to try. Ditto marriage, lgbt issues, and a slew of other individual rights, freedoms, and other protections from discrimination. The Constitution as we knew if for decades is up for grabs. If we didn't know it after the Trump admin, we certainly know it now.

The confederacy could have used this court a couple hundred years ago. We probably could have milked a few more decades out of slave ownership. Oh well.
So, you think that the Constitutionally affirmed right to privacy is infringed upon by denying women abortion on demand ? Because that is essentially the substance of Roe versus Wade. You agree with that decision as it had stood ?