Kansas Voters Speak

There has been worry and angst about this in Republican political circles.

It's a HUGE political moment. It's not a "nothing to see here" event as the spinners on this site assert (an awful lot of sensible commentary on this thread this morning...where are the kooks?). There is a significant sub-group within the Republican coalition (evangelicals, conservative Catholics) who will want the R's to fight hard on this...to go for the whole loaf.

The professional political class of R's...they know the polling...they see what happened in Kansas...they know that Americans speak fairly clearly on what they want with abortion (by a pretty comfortable majority). They will tone down their commentary. Vance has already backed off significantly from comments he made in the primary.

It will be a drag on R turnout and cause trouble on the right political fringe. As I mentioned previously, it also re-energizes the D's to develop more centrist political positions.

It's BIG bad news for the R's.

There has been worry and angst about this in Republican political circles.

It's a HUGE political moment. It's not a "nothing to see here" event as the spinners on this site assert (an awful lot of sensible commentary on this thread this morning...where are the kooks?). There is a significant sub-group within the Republican coalition (evangelicals, conservative Catholics) who will want the R's to fight hard on this...to go for the whole loaf.

The professional political class of R's...they know the polling...they see what happened in Kansas...they know that Americans speak fairly clearly on what they want with abortion (by a pretty comfortable majority). They will tone down their commentary. Vance has already backed off significantly from comments he made in the primary.

It will be a drag on R turnout and cause trouble on the right political fringe. As I mentioned previously, it also re-energizes the D's to develop more centrist political positions.

It's BIG bad news for the R's.
Sam Alito of all people may have saved the Democratic Party. (TIC)

Overturning Roe was a bad decision and bad precedent and this time they overreached. American people (most) will not be cowed by the far right fake christians trying to force their fundamentalist beliefs on everyone else.

They will try though, and continue to try. Ditto marriage, lgbt issues, and a slew of other individual rights, freedoms, and other protections from discrimination. The Constitution as we knew if for decades is up for grabs. If we didn't know it after the Trump admin, we certainly know it now.

The confederacy could have used this court a couple hundred years ago. We probably could have milked a few more decades out of slave ownership. Oh well.

Sam Alito of all people may have saved the Democratic Party. (TIC)
Wow, given the message of your posts here I was under the impression everything was rainbows and sunshine in the Democratic Party. I don’t think I’ve seen you complain or try to hold a single Democrat accountable. Why would they need to be saved if you have nothing to complain about?

LOL

This figures to be the high point of August for you, politically. Enjoy!!
There's actually a fair amount of good news in August for the D's...

- gas price looks like it will soon be at it's historic average (adjusted for inflation)...$3.15
- major legislation
- Zawhiri "hit"
- R's running fast and furious from extreme abortion positions
- Nancy P proves she has the biggest balls in town

Big money being funneled into Vance campaign (they've given up on Oz, it appears). Being worried about Vance suggests that the ground is moving in favor of the D's.

But, I'm always mindful of that famous line..."I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."

Overturning Roe was a bad decision and bad precedent and this time they overreached. American people (most) will not be cowed by the far right fake christians trying to force their fundamentalist beliefs on everyone else.

They will try though. Ditto marriage, lgbt issues, and a slew of other individual rights, freedoms, and other protections from discrimination. The Constitution as we knew if for decades is up for grabs. Now we know.

The confederacy could have used this court a couple hundred years ago. We probably could have milked a few more decades out of slave ownership. Oh well.
Emotions have powerful influences on the mind. I'm sorry you can't understand the whole Abortion argument. People in Kansas have spoken.

- gas price looks like it will soon be at it's historic average (adjusted for inflation)...$3.15
- major legislation
- Zawhiri "hit"

Big money being funneled into Vance campaign (they've given up on Oz, it appears). Being worried about Vance suggests that the ground is moving in favor of the D's.

But, I'm always mindful of that famous line..."I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."
Don't forget Jon Stewart shaming them into supporting Veterans rights to cancer treatment.

- major legislation
- Zawhiri "hit"

Maybe. I’m a fan of her not backing down to China and they certainly won’t take military action, Pooh doesn’t want WW3 yet, but they could take some serious economic sanctions on the US. Although that might not be felt until after the generals so it won’t have as big of an impact.

- major legislation
- Zawhiri "hit"

- major legislation
- Zawhiri "hit"

You "fully monetized Democrat operatives" employed in gubmint have always stacked the deck against your fellow Americans, so the cumbersome machine has amazing reach. No one expected your complete failure ?‍♂️

Don't forget Jon Stewart shaming them into supporting Veterans rights to cancer treatment.
Jon Stewart looked like weak after he lost his cool and then apologized to Posobiec and shook his hand. All talk, no bite. The bill needed to be passed for sure, but now he looks weak.

Emotions have powerful influences on the mind. I'm sorry you can't understand the whole Abortion argument. People in Kansas have spoken.

I'm sorry Kansas is now an "evil" state whose majority chose to "worship satan" but glad your emotions are holding up ok.

A significant # of republicans believe 10 year old rape victims should be forced to carry, and medical doctors sued and harassed for private medical decisions regarding patient health. Cats out of the bag just own it.

I'm sorry Kansas is now an "evil" state whose majority chose to "worship satan" but glad your emotions are holding up ok.

A significant # of republicans believe 10 year old rape victims should be forced to carry, and medical doctors sued and harassed for private medical decisions regarding patient health. Cats out of the bag just own it.
Why do you lie?

Why do you feel the need to lie?

The process worked exactly as our constitution tells us it should work.

Keep backpedaling. You will need it.

The constitution as far right radical fundamentalist view it on ideological grounds, not us. Radical pubs believe in banning abortions, and that states can revoke rights we previously took for granted, as they see fit. That is not a lie that is a fact. That crowd could not give a rat's *** about the constitution, and still support the POS who tried to trash it, to this day.

Keep backpedaling. You will need it.
Look it up, I've always supported state's rights. This process worked exactly how it's supposed to work.
The constitution as far right radical fundamentalist view it on ideological grounds, not us.
In English please....
Radical pubs believe in banning abortions, and that states can revoke rights we previously took for granted, as they see fit.
Some radical Dems still think abortion is perfectly fine up until birth outside body occurs..... furthermore, some are ok with it after birth occurs. Some people (morons) still think we should have the right to own slaves. They previously took that "right" for granted.

See how that works ?
That is not a lie that is a fact.
No, you are lying. The girl was not required by law to go out of state. Her "handlers" used her.
That crowd could not give a rat's *** about the constitution, and still support the POS who tried to trash it, to this day.
That man has you absolutely spooked. Take my advice, ignore him.

Jon Stewart looked like weak after he lost his cool and then apologized to Posobiec and shook his hand. All talk, no bite. The bill needed to be passed for sure, but now he looks weak.

Yeah that was a pretty embarrassing melt by Stewart after Posobiec called him out on the lie he was telling.

They will try though, and continue to try. Ditto marriage, lgbt issues, and a slew of other individual rights, freedoms, and other protections from discrimination. The Constitution as we knew if for decades is up for grabs. If we didn't know it after the Trump admin, we certainly know it now.

Wrong again.

And it is regrettable, if you are still a member of the Catholic Church, that you see those “obsessed” with saving the lives of unborn babies as “fake Christans”. They may become a bit myopic in their zeal, but if that’s truly your opinion, you are as much of a stain on the Catholic Church as the godless, irreligious Jews that compose the ACLU are upon Judaism. I guess you are a Man for Others if “the Others” are able to cast a vote in the near future. Sad. You realize that you are aligned with people that see Crisis Pregnancy Centers that try to adopt out unwanted pregnancies as an enemy to be eradicated. Your grandparents would each be so proud if they could see you today, amirite?!?

Taking on abortion and the ridiculous RvW “right to privacy” argument was always a second term Trump goal for me. I guess the true believers went with ASAP. That must be God’s will.

Sorry I am just not a big believer of "States Rights" ... why should because one person lives here and the other person lives there ... one of them is allowed to do something and the other is not ... I believe all Americans should be treated equal .... that explains it ... you guys don't ... MAGA!!!!

Sorry I am just not a big believer of "States Rights" ... why should because one person lives here and the other person lives there ... one of them is allowed to do something and the other is not ... I believe all Americans should be treated equal .... that explains it ... you guys don't ... MAGA!!!!
Agreed. Every state should have the same taxes, same funding, same federal infrastructure. Let’s stop sending so much federal aide to Cali, Illinois and NY just because they have larger populations. Let’s increase Ohios taxes to the same tax rates of California, anyone making over 61k, be prepared to pay 9% for anything over $61,000. Time to bump the sales tax in Ohio by 1.25%. All states are treated the same.

Last edited: