Kansas Voters Speak

So when you flipped out about RvW getting overturned and we all said it just pushes the subject back to the states where it belongs....and that we all pretty much thought most states would still allow abortions despite your hand wringing.....and here it is.....with the results pretty much what we expected....you're taking a victory lap on these results?

Lol. You go girl!

Huge turnout in a conservative state. A bellwether election. Republican pols will be backing away from aggressively pro life positions and, as many Republican strategists have feared, they will, fairly quickly, lose this issue as a wedge and as a big fundraiser. It will take a few election cycles, but in the near future, abortion rights (pretty similar to Roe) will be codified in the vast majority of states and abortion, as a political issue will be, basically, dead. It will be settled…as the R money raisers in DC feared when rumblings of Roe going away first came to light.

Last edited:
Huge turnout in a conservative state. A bellwether election. Republican pols will be backing away from aggressively pro life positions and, as many Republican strategists have feared, they will, fairly quickly, lose this issue as a wedge and as a big fundraiser. It will take a few election cycles, but in the near future, abortion rights (pretty similar to Roe) will be codified in the vast majority of states and abortion, as a political issue will be, basically, dead. It will be settled…as the R money raisers in DC feared when rumblings of Roe going away first came to light.
So Democrats always push forward with their satanic agendas no matter the cost.
Republicans are cowards.
What else is new?

Abortion is still not a right.
No matter the results from Kansas.
The vote was not to make abortion a defined right. It was to define the opposite.
It failed yes.. Abortion is still not a right and if tomorrow Kansas wants to put up another vote to regulate abortion they can.. because RvW is null an void.

There is no doubt the political landscape is going to undergo a pretty big change. Overturning Roe was the holy grail of American politics for 50 years. I'm not sure if it's exactly like the dog that finally caught the car for the GOP, but I suspect a lot of Republicans are suddenly going to be Democrats and a lot of Democrats are suddenly going to be Republicans.

There is no doubt the political landscape is going to undergo a pretty big change. Overturning Roe was the holy grail of American politics for 50 years. I'm not sure if it's exactly like the dog that finally caught the car for the GOP, but I suspect a lot of Republicans are suddenly going to be Democrats and a lot of Democrats are suddenly going to be Republicans.
The Dobbs decision was a cold bucket of water in the face of Democrats and the lesson is clear…the Dems became dependent on the Supreme Court as their backstop, their political problem fixer. They have to be much stronger in electoral politics below the White House…which bodes well for more centrist policies AND candidates. Thanks, Justice Alito.

Nah.....this Roe v. Wade thing has been patently un-constitutional for 50 years. Even that noted leftist lion Ruth Bader Zuckerberg, who was further left than Fidel Castro, said I don't know how they found Roe v. Wade constitutional in 73'....Sure the plastic vagee-gee hat wearing Leftist crowd were all worked up about it when it was returned to the states, but most normal folks have more important issues to be concerned with.

So when you flipped out about RvW getting overturned and we all said it just pushes the subject back to the states where it belongs....and that we all pretty much thought most states would still allow abortions despite your hand wringing.....and here it is.....with the results pretty much what we expected....you're taking a victory lap on these results?

Lol. You go girl!
Bullseye!!

Kansas is an odd state politically. I read "What's the Matter With Kansas?" by Thomas Franks maybe a decade ago. I have talked with Franks.

I think the most interesting thing he does is to more or less explain the voting behaviors and mindset of various types of conservatives. If I remember correctly, only about 30% of conservatives there would be labled cultural conservatives. Many other conservatives are former Dems that the Dem Party alienated economically and who have more liberal views on cultural issues. This explains how the Kansas electorate sometimes elects Dem candidates for major offices when the economic conservatives and Chamber of Commerce Pubs join with Dem voters in the state.

Kansas looks very red on paper, but the dynamics there doesn't make the results always turn out the way you would think. So, the statement that "very red state supports abortion" is true - and then it isn't (the very red part) Lol.

It doesn't really change the abortion parameters. Abortion gets less and less popular the more advanced the pregnancy becomes. Very few states will essentially ban it with a few exceptions and very few will allow it as the child is crowning. The rest will have bans after 15 weeks or less. FWIW

Very few states will essentially ban it with a few exceptions and very few will allow it as the child is crowning. The rest will have bans after 15 weeks or less. FWIW
This is a key point and represents the overwhelming position of most conservatives. While there is unease at first trimester abortions most conservatives are even more uneasy about banning them. This will be the new place where the abortion wars for the hearts & minds of America will be waged.

The good news is that at least in the Red states the odious practice of late term abortion, which is clearly state sanctioned infanticide, will be stopped. And that's a good thing.

There is no doubt the political landscape is going to undergo a pretty big change. Overturning Roe was the holy grail of American politics for 50 years. I'm not sure if it's exactly like the dog that finally caught the car for the GOP, but I suspect a lot of Republicans are suddenly going to be Democrats and a lot of Democrats are suddenly going to be Republican
Roe v Wade was a sketchy compromise, and was an act of political cowardice in the face of the burgeoning Women's Lib Movement of the early '70's. Nothing more.

American neo-Marxists posing as "progressive Democrats" in the Legislature are typically so far removed from the will of ordinary people that they are merely posers and agents of obstruction within the legislative body. These turds have made all of their "progress" with such "legislating from the bench" or lame duck EO/EM.

And only dead Republicans, "kept bitches", and morons vote will "vote" Democrat, in the face of the last year and a half of Democrat control. Don't be silly^. LOL

There are a lot of Republicans that are Democrats...we call them RINOs.