Kansas K-State brawl

OhioBobcatFan06

Going to be some suspensions from this one

EO2lPxqX0AUlOcY

Are there any other suspensions?
Not that I've seen but I would expect more. The release I saw sounded like it came from Self with KU, Big-12 and NCAA (?) still reviewing. #22 already had a huge eligibility beef going with the NCAA so he might be finished.

So, DeSousa was at the center of Kansas' involvement in the Adidas scandal. He sits for a year as a result and then comes back and gets into the middle of this. I used to have some respect for Bill Self, but the decay of that program, from the Adidas scandal to the the Snoop Dogg opening night pole dancing mess when old Bill came out in a big gold chain and an ADIDAS t-shirt to this, he's shown himself to be a big old POS.

I found this interesting. Many times on the HS forums here, there are blowout games and the posters will say that it is up to the losing team to stop the winning team. They also mention that you have to play hard the whole game.

In this instance, it looked like Kansas State was being blown out, the defender decided to play until the final whistle, and the Kansas player took exception to the Kansas State player stealing the ball from him. No problem with the blocked shot but the taunting stepping over him was when things went wrong. But the worst of it was picking up the chair. The punishment should be severe.

I found this interesting. Many times on the HS forums here, there are blowout games and the posters will say that it is up to the losing team to stop the winning team. They also mention that you have to play hard the whole game.

In this instance, it looked like Kansas State was being blown out, the defender decided to play until the final whistle, and the Kansas player took exception to the Kansas State player stealing the ball from him. No problem with the blocked shot but the taunting stepping over him was when things went wrong. But the worst of it was picking up the chair. The punishment should be severe.
Just went back and watched it about 10 times. Looked just like you said, Kansas player was going to kill the clock when Kansas State player decided to pad his stats. Probably more history here than we know but I thought the K state kid was out of line handing the Kansas player a turnover and embarrassing him. That said, retaliation will have consequences. I have been losing respect for Self and his program over the last few years. He seems more willing to bring in athletes regardless of character.

Just went back and watched it about 10 times. Looked just like you said, Kansas player was going to kill the clock when Kansas State player decided to pad his stats. Probably more history here than we know but I thought the K state kid was out of line handing the Kansas player a turnover and embarrassing him. That said, retaliation will have consequences. I have been losing respect for Self and his program over the last few years. He seems more willing to bring in athletes regardless of character.
I saw a close-up of the video somewhere (will try to find it) that kind of showed Kansas player pushing off/extending forearm a decent bit before K-State guy goes and steals it...

To Yappi's point, I really think it's the winning team's responsibility at this point in the game not to get baited into fighting. Kansas is #3 in the country and this could potentially blow the season... What does K State really have to lose? As a top program fighting for a championship you have to stay composed and be content with pointing to the scoreboard at this point in the game when you're up big/going to win...

Kind of like Browns/Myles Garrett situation... Ended up potentially costing team wins down the road... Star player cannot fall for the trap of getting suspended.

The K State coach had told his kids to back on and let the clock expire but that kid decided to take things into his on hands. Sounds like two coaches without a lot of control over their players.

I get wanting to keep them under 60 and playing until 4 zeroes, but standing over the dude he blocked was wa-a-a-ay out of line in this situation. None of this happens if he acts like he's blocked a shot before and doesn't lay sack on the guy that's down.