Jonathan Alder Coaching Search

It is early. It only became “official” when the Dublin board approved Coach Glass. Throw in JA has an interim AD and u have an interesting situation.

Brian Haffele formal Marion-Franklin HC and currently Pick Central assistant could be a good fit. I remember when he took the red devils out to JA for scrimmages. His teams were always coached well and very physical.

Brian Haffele formal Marion-Franklin HC and currently Pick Central assistant could be a good fit. I remember when he took the red devils out to JA for scrimmages. His teams were always coached well and very physical.
Rumor is he turned down Canal Winchester and they had the money he wanted. Hard to see he takes the JA job for much less money. Who knows though.

Haffelle isn't going west of Columbus... he's waiting for Sharrett to retire in hopes he can get the Pickerington Central job.

Just caught on twitter JA is now accepting applications through their school website. Looks like the process has started. With a interim AD, this makes for a interesting hiring. We shall see.

Just caught on twitter JA is now accepting applications through their school website. Looks like the process has started. With a interim AD, this makes for a interesting hiring. We shall see.
Good news, looking forward hearing the progress as it comes out.

Haffelle isn't going west of Columbus... he's waiting for Sharrett to retire in hopes he can get the Pickerington Central job.

Haffele will not be the next head coach at PC, coach Lamonico will be the next HC. I heard Canal's offer was good but not great. They offered a middle school teaching position, that's not going to fly for a coach who wants to build a good program.

Haffele will not be the next head coach at PC, coach Lamonico will be the next HC. I heard Canal's offer was good but not great. They offered a middle school teaching position, that's not going to fly for a coach who wants to build a good program.
Agreed. Haffele isn't leaving Pick to me because of the money. No way they can match what he is making.

I thought I read on another thread he has a son or two at Hartley. The $ at Alder would not be the pull.

If Burch leaves Hartley it is going to be an OCC school where he can make some money at and build some type of retirement. Makes 0 sense to go to JA for him. I am starting to think Hartley1 is Burch himself.
It’s Burchfield. He doesn’t have anything better to do than troll the yappi threads. He should hop back on the treadmill

It’s Burchfield. He doesn’t have anything better to do than troll the yappi threads. He should hop back on the treadmill
I doubt it. Brad and the Hartley AD’s over the years received complaints about their students (and some parents) stirring crap on JJHuddle. When that forum was kill-switched it basically got cut down by 90% instantly in the transition over to Yappi, and almost to nothing now.

Any school serious about winning/creating a culture and sustaining that success will not put their HC in the JH. Another indication they are not serious about football is there are no other coaches in the building. I am willing to bet 90% of successful programs have their coach in the high school and he has at least 1-2 coaches in the building. Canal would not provide either, That’s how they ended up with the guy they did.

Of course, it's only rumored at this point RollingTrain, they don't have an AD. But I would be shocked if Kyle Cutler & Jim Wendler are not on the sidelines in Plain City in August. Have you looked at JA's pay scale? There are not many coaches in central ohio (that are qualified to take a job like this) that are willing to pack up in April for a pay cut.

Out of those 38 applicants, I wonder how many have HC experience, playoff experience, can bring a staff w/o teaching positions, have ties to the district, a personal strength coach for the program, wouldn't be taking a massive pay cut, and wouldn't have to move their family? Sounds to me like an odds-on favorite....

Of course, it's only rumored at this point RollingTrain, they don't have an AD. But I would be shocked if Kyle Cutler & Jim Wendler are not on the sidelines in Plain City in August. Have you looked at JA's pay scale? There are not many coaches in central ohio (that are qualified to take a job like this) that are willing to pack up in April for a pay cut.

Out of those 38 applicants, I wonder how many have HC experience, playoff experience, can bring a staff w/o teaching positions, have ties to the district, a personal strength coach for the program, wouldn't be taking a massive pay cut, and wouldn't have to move their family? Sounds to me like an odds-on favorite....
I would agree with this. Only coach who will probably move up in pay is Kyle Cutler, who has also won consistently at London.