Jon Husted tweets support for HS sports; Jordan Strack reports "growing sentiment" around Ohio that HS football will happen.

We had a grand total of 5 Covid deaths in Ohio, the last 2 days

And chances are some of those are data dump deaths from weeks back...The last 2 weeks numbers have looked a lot better here, positive rate back down around 5% which given the balance of reopening measures we have on the table is a pretty safe spot to be.

And chances are some of those are data dump deaths from weeks back...The last 2 weeks numbers have looked a lot better here, positive rate back down around 5% which given the balance of reopening measures we have on the table is a pretty safe spot to be.
I understand they lag a couple weeks behind, but just throwing it out there, in reference, to shutting down football seasons

I understand they lag a couple weeks behind, but just throwing it out there, in reference, to shutting down football seasons
The numbers are trending "better". There will be times though they trend bad. There is a new normal.

Cknights has held the faith very devoutly on here we would play. He is on the cusp of being able to take a victory lap man.

Like I said, I was worried about logistics but the scheduling flexibility helps with that, I think the state has as good a plan as possible to try and play.

So, let er rip and lets see what happens.

Of course it had to be Husted suggesting this.

Dictator Dwine would cancel sports for the rest of the CY!

If football does happen Husted could come out of this like golden prince who smells like fresh banana bread. He'd earn the love of 1) fans 2) parents 3) the kids who will always remember that he was the one who "saved my season".

Hillary would make an entire town disappear for that kind of political capital. Hey, who's that knocking at my door . . . .

To me it is politics 101. He and dewine are in the know behind the scenes on what is driving the big10 cancellations and getting the same info big10 is using to cancel. Remember osu has been under dewines directions as well. I think it is total bs lt gov tweets this. If no osu football no hs football thats simply black and white. No diluting the argument and being hopefull.

To me it is politics 101. He and dewine are in the know behind the scenes on what is driving the big10 cancellations and getting the same info big10 is using to cancel. Remember osu has been under dewines directions as well. I think it is total bs lt gov tweets this. If no osu football no hs football thats simply black and white. No diluting the argument and being hopefull.
You seem pretty adamant you hope no one ever plays a sport again. I mean you are not suggesting hope that high school can play if Ohio State doesn’t. You are straight saying they can’t. Again it is the people like you that spread nothing but fear and negativity.

You seem pretty adamant you hope no one ever plays a sport again. I mean you are not suggesting hope that high school can play if Ohio State doesn’t. You are straight saying they can’t. Again it is the people like you that spread nothing but fear and negativity.
You are clueless look at my posts from weeks ago. I knew this was coming.i want a season bad and think it is all bs. Been a trainwreck for a month no leadership or coordination from day 1 from all the people in charge. Now we are in the 11th hr and now lt gov is fighting for us??? Give me a break I don't buy it. Why didn't he get ohsaa, gov ,health department and coaches assoc all at table 4 weeks ago. Just like college conferences, no one worked together waited til last minute all had different agendas now we are on brink of no college. It all makes me sick we have become so soft in this country.

You are clueless look at my posts from weeks ago. I knew this was coming.i want a season bad and think it is all bs. Been a trainwreck for a month no leadership or coordination from day 1 from all the people in charge. Now we are in the 11th hr and now lt gov is fighting for us??? Give me a break I don't buy it. Why didn't he get ohsaa, gov ,health department and coaches assoc all at table 4 weeks ago. Just like college conferences, no one worked together waited til last minute all had different agendas now we are on brink of no college. It all makes me sick we have become so soft in this country.
If you knew anything then you would know that the lt gov has been fighting for football all along. He has been on every call with the ADs and the OHSAA. He is the reason that there is a plan for fall.

If you knew anything then you would know that the lt gov has been fighting for football all along. He has been on every call with the ADs and the OHSAA. He is the reason that there is a plan for fall.
There wasn't a plan til last Friday, which is a different plan from the weekend before that was released. Prior to that we were in wait and see mode which forced local health departments and school districts in metro areas to cancel and pause sports. Which led to the last minute plan released a week ago trying to salvage a season because we had no plan when one was really needed 4 weeks ago. Now everyone is svrambling to change their schedules as I type. Don't forget how we got to the current plan a week ago. Husted I want a season campaign is cute but not much of a plan when released a few weeks ago now was it? I'm into leadership, planning, executing plans and making stuff happen. Not wearing a mask and having kids campaign and hope that saves a season.

Interesting that Husted's tweet comes from his personal Twitter account rather than the one he uses as Lieutenant Governor.
My first thought was, how in the he77 can you cancel after a statement like that? Then this was pointed out. Husted is a reasonably young chap in political dog years. I wonder if Mike is going to fall on the sword.

My first thought was, how in the he77 can you cancel after a statement like that? Then this was pointed out. Husted is a reasonably young chap in political dog years. I wonder if Mike is going to fall on the sword.
Lol Mike DeWine wouldn’t fall on the sword for anyone. He doesn’t give one care about one person in this state but himself. If he doesn’t want to play football it won’t happen.

Interesting that Husted's tweet comes from his personal Twitter account rather than the one he uses as Lieutenant Governor.
Yes it is. Means some intern didn’t write it but rather he wrote it. Puts his word on firmer ground that he’s committed to high school sports moving forward. I was extremely happy to see it come from his own mouth and not some 19 year old tweeting from the LT Governor account.

He can’t cancel after that. Political suicide. And he’s obviously in line to be Ohio’s next GOP Governor.

We need osu and big10 to not cancel. If they stay the course we will be good. If they cancel I believe high school will be cancelled this fall.