Joe Johnson to the Nyets....Wow

I like it. He is instantly their second best guy and can play the 3 while MarShon Brooks plays the 2. If Brooks keeps playing like he did this past season and improves as well, that's a good pretty good group of 3 guys to have. Obviously not on the level of OKC's big 3 or Miami's but it's a good 3 to have. Let's be serious, they weren't going to trade for Dwight anyways (Magic wouldn't do the trade) and they said they aren't going to wait around for him any longer.

It's not a done deal though. They only do it if Deron Williams re-signs. Or at least that's the last I've heard of it.

If they could get Howard how would that work financially? I'm going to have to wait for Bill Simmons to tell me lol.

I'm not entirely sure, as we don't know the specifics of Williams contract. I would assume that, if the plan is to bring in Dwight, Williams would agree to a paycut as well as Dwight, and then they would restructure Johnson's contract as well. But, like I said, I'm not entirely sure. And there is no guarantee that Johnson would restructure.

I wonder if he would change his mind on that. Anthony Morrow, who plays for the Nets and would be included in the trade, is apparently really good friends with Dwight just like Josh Smith. So he gets to play in his hometown with 2 of his best friends? I know he said he only wants the Nets, but that sounds pretty enticing to me.

Danny Ferry went from incompetent and worthless to genius because of one day. I don't care if they get Dwight or CP3 (which has been rumored as of late), he just traded away Joe Johnson. I honestly thought they would be stuck with him until the end.