Joe Burrow

The same program that couldn’t produce offensively with Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, and Jeremy Hill on the same team? I guess he saw that as his best opportunity to play. I’ll be rooting for them in the SEC West for sure.

The same program that couldn’t produce offensively with Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, and Jeremy Hill on the same team? I guess he saw that as his best opportunity to play. I’ll be rooting for them in the SEC West for sure.

The same program? The only thing that's the same about them is their colors and mascot. Should UC recruits base their decisions based off the Tuberville years?

Lsu is pretty young this year.

With the amount of talent than runs through that school, it amazes me how they have under performed so much

If his goal is to play at a big-time program and potentially compete for the playoff, good decision.

If his goal is to be a 1st or 2nd day NFL draft pick, not so sure.

If his goal is to play at a big-time program and potentially compete for the playoff, good decision.

So, of the options presumably available to Burrow, which choice do you feel could garner him a higher draft pick than playing for Ed the Ogre ?

I don't guess he needs coached up much. I think cerebrally he is probably ready. Just a hunch.

What if he plays his fourth year of eligibility ? This is his redshirt junior year coming. I would not advocate staying, but in the event he looks at the draft classes and feels he'll go #1 in the '20 draft, is it nuts to play the 2019 season if they are favorites for the NCAA title, too ? A second year with that line, plug-n-play the top RB recruit....

Their current OC doesn’t exactly have an impressive track record.

What? He legit turned LSU into one of the most explosive offenses in the country in 2016 after Les Miles was fired. Wasn't given the OC job for the 2017 season but stuck with the program. The players seemed ecstatic he was promoted this offseason and he's only added other pass oriented guys to his staff.

What? He legit turned LSU into one of the most explosive offenses in the country in 2016 after Les Miles was fired. Wasn't given the OC job for the 2017 season but stuck with the program. The players seemed ecstatic he was promoted this offseason and he's only added other pass oriented guys to his staff.

And now he has an accurate kid that sees the whole field and throws on time. It's all about that line now.

Lsu is pretty young this year.

With the amount of talent than runs through that school, it amazes me how they have under performed so much

They have been a great QB away from a lot of national championships. Not sure Joe Burrow is going to be that though. However it was a great get for LSU and makes a ton of sense for both him and LSU.

UC really had no chance once Joe left campus without committing.

Burrow looks like the truth, and Ed the Ogre seems to be adapting to numbers driven pace of play.

Burrow looks like the truth, and Ed the Ogre seems to be adapting to numbers driven pace of play.

What a fun game to watch. I love how Burrow is taking advantage of his opportunity. He got his degree which earned him his freedom and now he's on the cusp of a record setting season playing for LSU.

Tonight was a big time performance on the road against the #9 ranked Longhorns: 31 of 39 for 471 yards; 4 TD's & 1 INT. And that was a clutch late game TD pass on 3rd & 17 in which he looked like he was about to be sacked.

My only complaint is that ABC needs to provide subtitles for Ed O's post game comments.

As much as I usually hope the SEC teams lose every game on their schedule, I hope LSU wins the SEC and plays OSU in the playoff. Happy for Burrow and would be a fitting end to the story.

Was way off on LSU's ability to adapt their offense. I'd like to see them do it against an SEC defense rather than a Big 12 defense before we crown their as Denny Green would say, but it's obvious Ed has at least made an effort to adapt and that's more than I thought would happen.

Could you imagine how many national titles OSU would have won with Burrow at QB and Herman as the offensive coordinator

Could you imagine how many national titles OSU would have won with Burrow at QB and Herman as the offensive coordinator
Have no idea ? Maybe none. However if Burrow had not transfer, Fields may not have come to OSU. I will take Fields over Burrow any day ( not knocking Burrow ). Other than Lawrence from Clemson I would take Fields over any other college QB.

Burrow is on another level
That last TD Pass was super impressive. Bama should be very worried about LSU. In the past they almost always played Bama tough, but never had a QB to close out the game. Now, their QB is actually a strength.

Burrow moves into the top spot to win the Heisman. Looks like a three horse race now. Burrow, Lawrence, and Tua

It's way too early to say it's a 3 horse race. And if we were going strictly by the first 2 weeks of the season, Trevor Lawrence would be no where in the conversation. He has 2 TD's and 3 interceptions so far.

Was way off on LSU's ability to adapt their offense. I'd like to see them do it against an SEC defense rather than a Big 12 defense before we crown their as Denny Green would say, but it's obvious Ed has at least made an effort to adapt and that's more than I thought would happen.

Evidently LSU brought in a guy from the Saints named Joe Brady who helped design the Tigers current passing game. Brady coaches from up in the booth next to the LSU - O coordinator on game day. My friend down there says that's the talk of the town. Bottom line is that Burrow and that stable of receivers may be de able to dice up any college defense. BTW, Texas does have a decent defense.

Obviously only time will tell but the change in the LSU offense is entirely by design and is working - so far.

It's way too early to say it's a 3 horse race. And if we were going strictly by the first 2 weeks of the season, Trevor Lawrence would be no where in the conversation. He has 2 TD's and 3 interceptions so far.
One of those three will win it. Can’t see anyone else having any shot

One of those three will win it. Can’t see anyone else having any shot

More likely than not. But far from certain. With an undefeated season Hurts or Fields would certainly be in the conversation. I'm also not sure Etienne isn't a better candidate for the Heisman than Lawrence this year.

Wasn’t Tua a lock for the vast majority of last yr to win the Heisman? Too early to get into this discussion.