Joe Burrow

Obviously the best decision for him. I think Haskins is the right guy, but won't be surprised if Burrow performs very well wherever he ends up.

I really hope he doesn't end up at Nebsraska. Anywhere else that's being discussed (Texas, Florida, LSU, UC) would all be fine.

Doubt if Meyer agrees to let Burrow play for the Cornhuskers.

If Urban is able to block it and elects to do so, he WILL take quite a beating in the media. He has enough haters that they will pummel him and tOSU. I'd be inclined to let Burrow do it.

Burrow won't put them over the top. He'll have a nice year and be off to the NFL.

If Urban is able to block it and elects to do so, he WILL take quite a beating in the media. He has enough haters that they will pummel him and tOSU. I'd be inclined to let Burrow do it.

Burrow won't put them over the top. He'll have a nice year and be off to the NFL.

Yeah, Meyer doesnt need that stink over his head if he blocks a Nebraska move. I think what sticks in my crawl the most about Burrow, is the bad luck of having to be in Barretts shadow! One would think that the best statistical QB in OSU history wouldnt stick around 4 years plus he breaks his hand when Barrett went down.

SI is reporting that LSU and UC have contacted Burrows. Best fit if Joe has NFL aspirations would probably be LSU. Their QB situation as usual is a mess and while they might not be just a QB away from a national title they could be a QB away from being relevant in the SEC again. From Burrows side he gains a lot of exposure and will be playing with NFL caliber personnel, down side would be the hired gun mentality the fan base would have with him and at the first sight of any poor play will they be calling for a QB change? While UC is closer to home and has coaches he is familiar with on the sidelines they do have an incumbent starter and the personnel on offense is not the best.

As for other schools... For all the talk about Nebraska it might not be a good fit as expected starter, freshman Adrian Martinez, has had a good spring and could be the face of the program for the next four years. Would new HC Frost shake up team chemistry and long term recruiting for a quick fix? Many in Lincoln think the roster is still lacking and so from Burrows side why would he transfer to a school so that he can get beat up playing one of the toughest schedules in the country next year? Another school to consider would be Florida. Mullen basically runs Meyers offense and they also have NFL caliber talent on the roster with no clear cut QB1 but former tOSU pledge, Emrory Jones, is waiting in the wings so there could be a similar political factor as the Nebraska situation in play here. A wildcard could also be Pitt; close to home, good coach in Narduzzi, and the roster is not that bad.

If I was advising Burrows I would look hard at LSU with Pitt as a back up.

OSU could not by any means block him from transferring to Nebraska if that's his decision. The only stipulation is that whatever college he goes to, he has to enroll in a masters program not offered at OSU.

Ohio State beat the brakes off Nebraska the past two seasons. Doubt Burrow would change much for them. If I was him I’d go to Florida. I think Mullen has them back in contention within 2 years.

With regards to Burrows scholarship status... Does anyone know the NCAA rules on graduate transfers with regards to the scholarship numbers game? If an athlete gets a free graduate degree does that scholarship go against the 85 scholarships allowed on its roster? If so you need to look at that aspect when considering Burrows landing spot.

With regards to Burrows scholarship status... Does anyone know the NCAA rules on graduate transfers with regards to the scholarship numbers game? If an athlete gets a free graduate degree does that scholarship go against the 85 scholarships allowed on its roster? If so you need to look at that aspect when considering Burrows landing spot.

Still goes against the scholarship limit.

It counts towards the 85 but most programs leave a few spots at the end of the signing period and that number only goes up as players decide to leave the program after Spring Ball and during the summer for whatever reasons. I'd be shocked if anyone's currently at the 85 scholarships they're allowed for next fall. That's why you get the viral videos of guys getting their scholarship towards the end of the summer. And even then programs usually leave at least one spot open for a very late transfer or commitment just prior to a kid actually enrolling in another school.

He would have to be pretty confident in his job security at LSU. UC is pretty much a guaranteed starting spot for the next two years.

Not sure I'd choose LSU even with job security. Their offense has been horrible for a decade. UC would be guaranteed spot + good opportunity to put up pretty prolific numbers, given the competition.

I'd choose UC, Florida (Dan Mullen), or UCLA (Kelly) if that's an option. Actually have heard Oklahoma recently if Kyler Murray gets drafted in the MLB draft in June.

I would be hesitant to mess with anything Ed Orgeron is involved in. That's a very risky situation to go into. You aren't guaranteed to start, you have a lunatic HC who nobody seems to like and an offense that hasn't been able to develop highly rated QB's in what seems like forever.

I agree that he will choose UC (at least I hope he will).

After all, he's a highly talented QB who has spent 3 years of his college life watching from the sidelines. He only has 2 years to go.

UC offers him (not officially, of course) the chance to spend those 2 years showing everyone how talented he actually is -- not only for the NFL but also his fans from Athens, his family, friends, and perhaps most of all -- himself.

Are you talking about fully funded positions where their tuition is paid and they get a stipend as well? (Typical in the real science fields)

I wondered how that would work if they got a fully funded student who also took a a stipend.

Good question Arrogate. I can say all the guys I knew who played didn't have to worry about that problem.

I believe he was talking about the 85 total scholarship limit though. I think most believe that colleges reach that number with each years recruiting class who that isn't the case at all. A lot don't even end up playing at the complete 85 allotted.

Where you'll see big times get in trouble with scholarship numbers is with individual recruiting classes. Teams like Alabama will have their classes pretty much complete (except a few guys they truly will go their way on signing day), and then all the sudden a better player wants to join the class. They're left to either pull someone else's scholarship or tell someone to pull their name from consideration on signing day.

There's no real answer and I think the early signing period will help a lot of this. They won't have these guys who've been verbal commits to mid level schools for a year have OSU call them the weekend before signing day and offer.

Not sure I'd choose LSU even with job security. Their offense has been horrible for a decade. UC would be guaranteed spot + good opportunity to put up pretty prolific numbers, given the competition.

I'd choose UC, Florida (Dan Mullen), or UCLA (Kelly) if that's an option. Actually have heard Oklahoma recently if Kyler Murray gets drafted in the MLB draft in June.

He would be playing with NFL caliber talent around him at LSU, at UC not so much.