Joe Burrow (Athens) #1 Pick

Obvious, safe choice.
The Bengals front office does not have enough juice to do anything else really.

Anything else and what Bengal fans remain would be enraged. I think given a choice the Bengals would trade down a few spots and get a top 3 Qb and at least one other Round one pick. In the long run this would make the Bengals better. Burrow is an Ohio kid and expectations are very high among the fandom, the Bengals really have no choice.

this bengal fan would like to see them trade. get more picks. andy daulton isn't the problem with this team. they have many more holes to fill. but not upset they are taking burrow.

jtk
()
While not a bad idea, they still need to take Burrow. Dalton isnt their problem, I agree for the most part, but this is also a culture change. Dalton has been bengalilzed.

As I said before, the front office does not have the juice to do anything other than select burrow

The problem with trading back is that I dont trust the organization to make the right selection outside taking Burrow #1. If they had a track record of nailing drafts I would be ok with trading back. However that isnt the case. Take Burrow, build o line.

Good luck to Joe Burrow! I’m interested to see how all the draft picks perform this season considering the process leading up to the season will be far from normal.

this bengal fan would like to see them trade. get more picks. andy daulton isn't the problem with this team. they have many more holes to fill. but not upset they are taking burrow.

jtk
()
There’s rumors Miami was trying to leverage their later 1st Round picks (18 & 26) to trade up into to the Top 10, then package that Top 10 pick with the #5 pick and a 1st round pick next year.
That’s a pretty sweet deal, but I don’t know if the Bengals can risk getting anyone other than Burrow or Tua. Neither will be around at pick #5.

The problem with trading back is that I dont trust the organization to make the right selection outside taking Burrow #1. If they had a track record of nailing drafts I would be ok with trading back. However that isnt the case. Take Burrow, build o line.
The Bengals almost never trade in the draft. And they did have some really good drafts early in the 2010s but that’s when Marvin Lewis has more input.

Like Mike Brown other than Carson Palmer has done a real good job with the no.1 overall pick.