Jerry Snodgrass Resigns

those baseball parents would absolutely lose their minds if another season is cut short
1594090773827.png

Guys. I think you need to start coming to grips that there might not be a fall season.

For a leader of high school sports to prioritize one sport over another is what this is all about. Already spring sports lost a season and he was open and wiling to allow the spring sports to have another lost season.

Guys. I think start coming to grips there might not be a fall season.

For a leader of high school sports to prioritize one sport over another is what this is all about. Already spring sports lost a season and he was open and wiling to allow the spring sports to have another lost season.

If you've read the posts above yours, the speculation is that Snodgrass was resistant to flipping seasons.

Other speculation I've seen online tonight is that this came down through Dewine or one of his friends b/c the governor (or his office) were not happy with how Snodgrass tweeted about the "settlement" yesterday that created the change in overnight team camp policy.

If you've read the posts above yours, the speculation is that Snodgrass was resistant to flipping seasons.

Other speculation I've seen online tonight is that this came down through Dewine or one of his friends b/c the governor (or his office) were not happy with how Snodgrass tweeted about the "settlement" yesterday that created the change in overnight team camp policy.
Sorry. He is open to flipping seasons and has said it numerous times in interviews.

The settlement comment probably was the tipping point. I don’t know why he was talking legality issues on a public forum.

Do you have a link to that tweet?

I have no idea what happened. It must be big. All the rumors in this thread are just that, rumors. Nobody knows. I respect Jerry a lot more knowing he stood his ground. He will bounce back just fine. Ohsaa, not so sure. hope senior spring sport kids aren’t screwed over again. Would be a damn shame.

Right now the reality is that the OHSAA lost all spring revenue, championship revenue from basketball, and facing the looming possibility of football and the rest of the fall revenue.

They can't function as is with no revenue for basically a year.

Football and basketball has to be played. If schools have to decide in the spring what sport to play and which to sit dark it's better than just unilaterally axing the prime money makers for the association just because a calendar tells them to.

Ivy League will be the first to go to the spring and I'm assuming other conferences follow their lead. And high school associations are going to have a tough time justifying playing as college goes dark for the fall.

I’m speculating now as well. Looks like his firing is over this whole team camp thing. Because of timing. I don’t think it’s feasible to switch sports this late. Now move football to spring, maybe.

What settlement?

The one in which the governor's office is allowing competition in contact sports b/n different teams if it happens in the course of a residential team camp. This is because a residential team camp sued, and the governor's office agreed to a policy change to get rid of the lawsuit.

Cut the BS, and kick the damn football off on August 28th. Kids are going to get sick at different times of the year. Actually winter, and spring are the worst times. Down South, players, and students in college, are having Covid parties

Last edited:
Agree. Kick it off. Hell, if things fall apart early on, then try again in spring. That’s most reasonable thing. But don’t penalize spring sports by moving them when things are looking bleak.

This is an absolute moronic move by the OHSAA. They finally have a leader with more integrity than most men can only dream about. His problem is he is a non-politician in a world consumed by more political agendas than the entire of Washington, DC. I have said for years, the OHSAA under prior administrations challenged organized crime for its overall corruptness. Now they're back to square one at a time they are in dire need of Jerry's leadership. Enjoy your life away from Columbus, Jerry. You have deserved it!!!!!

Right now the reality is that the OHSAA lost all spring revenue, championship revenue from basketball, and facing the looming possibility of football and the rest of the fall revenue.

Who needs revenue at a time you have little or no expenses? To pay those numbnuts who set on the OHSAA board.?[/QUOTE]

This is an absolute moronic move by the OHSAA. They finally have a leader with more integrity than most men can only dream about. His problem is he is a non-politician in a world consumed by more political agendas than the entire of Washington, DC. I have said for years, the OHSAA under prior administrations challenged organized crime for its overall corruptness. Now they're back to square one at a time they are in dire need of Jerry's leadership. Enjoy your life away from Columbus, Jerry. You have deserved it!!!!!

we have a winner! 100% dead-on! OHSAA is as political as it gets and Snodgrass bucked the trend there. He was one of us, not one of them.

"While leading the administrative functions until a permanent executive director is selected, Goldring will also work closely with state government leaders and school district administrators in developing a plan for return to play in the fall," the OHSAA said in a statement. "

"I am honored by the confidence the Board has placed in me," Goldring said. "We have a solid team of knowledgeable and dedicated professionals at the OHSAA who are committed to serving our member schools. My top priorities are to prepare for return to play this fall and successfully lead the team until a permanent executive director is hired.”

Why does anyone think this means spring football?

I think most people are missing the point with what happened last night. The OHSAA is hanging on by a thread, it’s literally hanging on for life, and it’s now starting to make rash decisions that organizations make when they are near the end. If sports don’t happen this year the OHSAA is done.

...OHSAA is as political as it gets and Snodgrass bucked the trend there. He was one of us, not one of them.
Bucked the trend? He caved to the politicians! If Jerry is one of "us", then I am clearly not.

Good bye, Jerry. Please, always remember what you did to the winter sports athletes of the class of 2020.

Last edited:

They can't function as is with no revenue for basically a year.

Football and basketball has to be played. If schools have to decide in the spring what sport to play and which to sit dark it's better than just unilaterally axing the prime money makers for the association just because a calendar tells them to.

Ivy League will be the first to go to the spring and I'm assuming other conferences follow their lead. And high school associations are going to have a tough time justifying playing as college goes dark for the fall.
Ivy League can play in the spring easy. Actually they could profit more from it. Imagine watching live spring college football but the power 5 won’t follow them just because they’re doing it. Lol.

"While leading the administrative functions until a permanent executive director is selected, Goldring will also work closely with state government leaders and school district administrators in developing a plan for return to play in the fall," the OHSAA said in a statement. "

"I am honored by the confidence the Board has placed in me," Goldring said. "We have a solid team of knowledgeable and dedicated professionals at the OHSAA who are committed to serving our member schools. My top priorities are to prepare for return to play this fall and successfully lead the team until a permanent executive director is hired.”

Why does anyone think this means spring football?
Because people hear a rumor and take it as truth. It won’t happen unless happens.

I think most people are missing the point with what happened last night. The OHSAA is hanging on by a thread, it’s literally hanging on for life, and it’s now starting to make rash decisions that organizations make when they are near the end. If sports don’t happen this year the OHSAA is done.
To be replaced by what?

This was in no way related to the coronavirus, switching seasons, anything like that. Can't wait for the full story to come out. The guy spent all his time on social media and none of it doing his actual job, which now he's no longer burdened with.