Jeff See Penn State Indoor Mile

That was a better race than what they had on yesterday for the US Championships where Lagat came in 2nd over 4:00.

What event will See focus on for the Olympic trials?

Steeple

That was a better race than what they had on yesterday for the US Championships where Lagat came in 2nd over 4:00.

What event will See focus on for the Olympic trials?

Steeple

A year ago at this time he was training for the steeple.....is See still doing that? 3:56 in January puts him in the conversation for the 1500. 5k.....no way.

Thank you for the link. See looked very good as did Leslie and the Villanova guy.

I hope they DQ'd the Penn State guy with the orange shoes for pushing people back at the start.

The pushing, while there, seemed to be pretty minimal and not worthy of a DQ.

You've never run an indoor race have you?

No. But a double armed swim move at the start was a bit much. It's one thing to bump people with your shoulders, something different to block two lanes of the track at the start with your arms. I did notice he didn't finish very well. If he did that to me I would have made sure he found his way into the infield during the race.

I was not a distance runner in HS: PV, disc and hurdles for me.

Yes. I agree.

Thank you for the link. See looked very good as did Leslie and the Villanova guy.

The pushing, while there, seemed to be pretty minimal and not worthy of a DQ.

His arm flailing was obnoxious and had the air of arrogance and self importance, but was not disruptive to other athletes and not worthy of a DQ. To be sure, he didn't win points with the fellow competitors in that race because he came off as a bit of an &ss. But, no DQ was needed.

Here is a link to all of the results from the PSU meet.

The Infeld sisters, Maggie and Emily, did well in the 800 placing 2nd & 3rd and running 2:06.28 and 2:06.40, respectively. For Maggie, in the results, they had Infeld spelled as "Infield." North Royalton's Hannah Neczypor ran an 4:53.59 in the mile. There was a lot of young talent in that race as 3 frehmen and 4 sophomore's were ahead of Neczypor. Cincinnati Oak Hills' Brooklyne Ridder ran a 9:30.78 in the 3000 for Penn State. There were a lot of other Ohio athletes, male & female, running as well.

Women's DMR was very impressive, G-town smashed the old meet record by gn 10:55 and PSU's DMR was also very impressive, Bekka Simko was part of the that team which broke the PSU record (of which Bridget Franek was a part of!).

Really good performances all around. I have to admit though, the men's mile was the highlight of the meet, really wanted to see the rematch between Jeff See and Cory Leslie, last year Cory beat him by a very slim margin and this year Jeff came back for revenge, both running amazing times