James-Holzhauer-Reacts-to-Matt-Amodio-Beating-His-Jeopardy-Record

Big Jeopardy fan and have been recording and watching Matt Amodio's streak. The thing about these savants is while they are academically brilliant it is mostly about retaining any info they come in contact with. Many Ivy Leaguers like Amodio know all Euclid's proofs but tend to get tripped up by pop culture topics like what was the birth name of Method Man; nothing gets by this guy or James Holzhouser. Additionally it is a young guys game too, you need to be able to jump in and answer quickly with no little time processing the question or articulating the answer. There was a smart older dude on last night and he probably knew a lot of the answers, still got to $8,000, but he looked like a statue just standing there while Amadio and some young gal were firing away. Also very convenient that this happened right as the big controversy around the cancelling of the next host was happening. The Illuminati are everywhere.

Nice run by Matt but he really struggled today against some top notch comp. I’m sure we will see him again soon.

I'm in the camp that believes Matt threw the match on Monday night; there was something clearly different about him vs the prior seven weeks. I'm not at all alone in that thinking either. Hey, the guy won over $1.5 million and needed to get back to his Phd studies; you gotta do what you gotta do. He also wore a sport coat for the first time I believe, wanted to look nice for the pics as he bowed out. Definitely threw it, but he's been a joy to watch.

Jeopardy has done a good job with staying in the news since Covid hit.

Have watched her over the past week and she is darn good. There was a word play catagory last night that she cleaned up in about 10 seconds as I was still trying to figure out how the first answer made sense. The thing I like is she does not wear trans on her sleeve. Most people are not bothered by trans or anything else LBGQT but cannot stand when it is thrown in their faces as if we should treat that person any different than anyone else.

Have watched her over the past week and she is darn good. There was a word play catagory last night that she cleaned up in about 10 seconds as I was still trying to figure out how the first answer made sense. The thing I like is she does not wear trans on her sleeve. Most people are not bothered by trans or anything else LBGQT but cannot stand when it is thrown in their faces as if we should treat that person any different than anyone else.
Is it they/them or she/her? Not sure if this has been approached yet by Ken. By the way they could probably kick Ken's ash.

Regardless they have a couple key categories locked down, literature and history, then you add in they is an engineer so the stem stuff is probably a lay up. They also like to bet a lot on final jeopardy which is kicking up the daily average. That upcoming prime time tourney of champions is going to be solid in the spring.

Is it they/them or she/her? Not sure if this has been approached yet by Ken. By the way they could probably kick Ken's ash.

Regardless they have a couple key categories locked down, literature and history, then you add in they is an engineer so the stem stuff is probably a lay up. They also like to bet a lot on final jeopardy which is kicking up the daily average. That upcoming prime time tourney of champions is going to be solid in the spring.
:ROFLMAO:

They did mention the other night that her girlfriend got they the necklace of pearls that they was wearing which sent me down a minor rabbitt hole.

Using "they" to refer to someone is just wrong. Last time I do it. Lol.

I am rooting for her though.

Reactions: SLS
His appearance on "The Chase" played today and "The Beast" is almost intimated by Holzhauer.

Anyone else watching the tournament of champions currently running? I actually think it is a solid test of general knowledge and with the move to first one to win 3 out of seven it is a fair format. Unfortunately the semis were a one and done and both superstars Matt Amadio and Mattea Roach were upset in this round with only Amy Schneider of the big three advancing. I will say all the games have been close with some really interesting stragy during final Jeopardy to decide the winner of the game. Kind of feel sorry for the older prof as he has had no luck and is the only one without a W; he has played very well other than not hitting the daily doubles and making bad bets/no bets during final Jeopardy.

We watch…

Amodio almost seemed like Willie Mays past his prime…rusty, he seemed happy, contented, like it didn’t matter to him.

Even though the Asian guy is up 2-1-0, I feel as if any of them can win.

Major story (I think)…Final Jeopardy question, Wednesday night, on Paul’s letters in the gospel. The staff of Jeopardy seems to be unaware that virtually all biblical scholars conclude that Paul DID NOT author Hebrews. Sam Buttrey gets screwed…

Major story (I think)…Final Jeopardy question, Wednesday night, on Paul’s letters in the gospel. The staff of Jeopardy seems to be unaware that virtually all biblical scholars conclude that Paul DID NOT author Hebrews. Sam Buttrey gets screwed…

There are a lot of opinions on Hebrews’ authorship and a lot of compelling reasons for and against it being Paul. But just to dogmatically assert it’s Paul when it’s universally understood to be a matter of controversy is pretty arrogant and reckless, IMO.

There are a lot of opinions on Hebrews’ authorship and a lot of compelling reasons for and against it being Paul. But just to dogmatically assert it’s Paul when it’s universally understood to be a matter of controversy is pretty arrogant and reckless, IMO.
My understanding is that there are various opinions about many of Paul’s letters, but virtual unanimous opinion that Hebrews ain’t him

On the 11/21 "Inside Jeopardy" podcast...at around 11:30...they discuss the Hebrews question controversy. Essentially, they engaged in some self-congratulation on the thoroughness of the process...that they ran the question by a few people more religiously informed than they and felt comfortable with it. They implied that maybe there were some who saw the authorship in question...but that it was a small group.

It's a pretty unsatisfying response..."WE SCREWED UP" would be more accurate.

Holzhauer and Amodio had a great match up last night on their Masters series, tied at 28,400 at the end of double jeopardy and it came down to the final jeopardy wagers as both didn't know the answer. Actually Holzhauer had the correct answer then scratched it out and replaced it with an incorrect one. One of my favorite takes from Ken Kesey is you always go with your 1st thought because that is the warrior thought; they don't have time to over think something.

By the way the questions are insanely tough and in each game you have maybe 1 or 2 that nobody gets right. These folks are very brilliant and if I was a betting man I would put a lot on $s on Holzhauer, he really is a savant.