Jake Foster Swimming for Sycamore

CC Track Fan

I noticed Jake Foster is listed in the Psych sheets for the Northwest Ohio meet in Bowling Green.

His brother really seemed to enjoy competing at the state meet last year so that might have driven him to give the HS thing a go.

I don't think Sycamore has the depth to compete with St. X for the state title but will be get their fair share of points.

There is another couple of brothers at Sycamore that are really good too. Sycamore may not win state but they might finish second and they will set many, many records.

I noticed Jake Foster is listed in the Psych sheets for the Northwest Ohio meet in Bowling Green.

His brother really seemed to enjoy competing at the state meet last year so that might have driven him to give the HS thing a go.

I don't think Sycamore has the depth to compete with St. X for the state title but will be get their fair share of points.

Sycamore will surely be able to field some great relays between Carson, Jake and Adam, plus their other state level swimmers who aren't as famous as those three. Sycamore will have a hell of a team.

I'm glad that Jake decided to swim his Senior year. It will bring some additional excitement to an already amazing HS State Meet.

Last edited:
The Fosters are pros in reality. We haven't seen anything like them is a very, very long time. I will say they are on a mission. Watch what events they swim in the state meet.

Carson swam Back-48.38,Fly-49.51, Jake swam Breast- 55.36, IM-1:49.94
Relays - 200 Medley 1:41.31 400 - 3:06.83

Those were impressive time this time of year but maybe the most impressive swim of the day was Cora Dupre from Cincinnati Mariemont with a 4:47.50 in the 500.

Cora has been killing it since junior high. Been whipping the fellas for years. SWO is in a golden age of swimming talent right now.

“Whipping the fellas”???? She would have been a full 50 yards behind top hs boys

since when do women compete against men?

how does 447 rank against other high school women? That would be a little more fair to her

Cora crushed the boys in junior high joint meets when boys and girls swam against each other and she would crush most average boy swimmers now. Just look Cora up on the usa swimming site. You will get her rankings.

“Whipping the fellas”???? She would have been a full 50 yards behind top hs boys

since when do women compete against men?

how does 447 rank against other high school women? That would be a little more fair to her
Dude who pissed in your Cheerios's this morning? He didn't claim that she would beat every boy in Ohio but she is faster than the great majority (I would say 99+%) of HS boys. She is an impressive swimmer not sure why you had to pull this and her into your agrument with Bases.

I admire Cora for a lot of reasons not the least of which is the total lack of histrionics when she swims. She does her job, posts her time and moves on. I hope she makes the Olympics someday. Just like I hope Carson and Grant make the Olympics too. Wouldn't that be something: if all three were in the 2024 Olympics?

She is a great swimmer

My entire post was to address the needless comparison to male swimmers.

no point in doing that

My point was that Cora has been doing it for a long time, is better than most average male swimmers and when they used to have joint meets in 7th and 8th grade, she kicked tail.

One last time - I’ll fix ur post-“coras really good! She beats her competition nearly all the time”

why is this a gender issue? Who cares if she’s faster than average male swimmers? Unless she is transitioning to male it’s just stupid