Jack Rose - Stay or Go?

What should GlenOak do with Jack Rose?

• Stay

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Go

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

champion

What do they do with the football program? Stay the way it is in a state of mediocrity(that is being generous) or make a move and hope to get someone to come in and generate some momentum? The dilema seems to be who would take a job with no stadium, no quality assistants, no teaching openings and pay to play? Is there someone out there better than what they have now? Could anyone be any worse than what has been there for the last 20 years? A lot of tough questions.

Change just for change is never good but I think something needs to be done there. The problem could be that if they make a move and no one applies for the job, what do they do, aside from wiping the yoke off their face?

I think you should check your sources when you say no quality assistants....Coach King is probably one of the most respected assistant coaches in the county..over 20 years in Alliance, Green and GlenOak and helped each program to the playoffs

coach rose is a class act, but i think he has lost his passion to be at glenoak.
how about scott garcia a glenoak grad who is currently coaching at massillion would he come back to glenoak...

Look at all the applicants that Jackson got when their job opened up. I cannot believe that you would not get alot of quality applicants for the GO job despite the financial state the school is in.GlenOak should not be an insignificant blip on the radar screen of Ohio High school football . thats all they have been over the last 20 yrs. or so. Its time for a change.

:thumb:
Look at all the applicants that Jackson got when their job opened up. I cannot believe that you would not get alot of quality applicants for the GO job despite the financial state the school is in.GlenOak should not be an insignificant blip on the radar screen of Ohio High school football . thats all they have been over the last 20 yrs. or so. Its time for a change.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

100% agreed hof. I was all for letting Rose stay for at least another year up until this past week, but after seeing all of those candidates (including our own Mr. Battershell) apply for the head coaching job at Jackson, I think GO could get a pretty impressive list itself. Look at the student population, the new school, the huge community, the chance to coach in the Federal League, the number of Division I athletes GlenOak had had.....I'm sure some coach out there would be more than happy to try to come and turn things around at GlenOak.

Goodbye Rose

Jack Rose is Gone!

The Repository reported yesterday that Rose resigned as head coach of GlenOak. He stated that the reason for his resignation was wanting to spend more time with his children.

I wish him all the best. And my best wishes to his family.

I thought something interesting that was said in the story was that Rose had been thinking about retirement for two years now. Oh well, guess now was the time for him to go. Hopefully we can get a good coach to replace him and actually do something with all the talent we have.