IVC Football 2019

Did you know the North is 13-23 vs the South since the crossover game started? 6 of those 13 wins have came against 0-10 teams (no 2nd level points). Again tell me how the crossover games are good for the North Division? They are great for the South, I know that! Not sure if the North division administration does not understand the numbers, or if they just dont care.

East Canton - 4-2
Malvern - 3-3
Sandy Valley - 2-4
Buckeye Trail - 2-4
TCC - 2-4
Strasburg - 0-6

Did you know the North is 13-23 vs the South since the crossover game started? 6 of those 13 wins have came against 0-10 teams (no 2nd level points). Again tell me how the crossover games are good for the North Division? They are great for the South, I know that! Not sure if the North division administration does not understand the numbers, or if they just dont care.

East Canton - 4-2
Malvern - 3-3
Sandy Valley - 2-4
Buckeye Trail - 2-4
TCC - 2-4
Strasburg - 0-6

Going to be interesting to see how the "experts" argue against this. The administrators who allowed this to go into place without thinking of the long-term consequences should all be ashamed of themselves for the damage they have done to their programs.

East Canton - 4-2
Malvern - 3-3
Sandy Valley - 2-4
Buckeye Trail - 2-4
TCC - 2-4
Strasburg - 0-6

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and meant to shame the small schools, joke

I just hope that if anyone connected to the IVC reads this they would at least consider it.

Play One Crossover Game and add two more teams, or play no crossover games and add 4 more teams.

Wish list to add - Harrison Central, Cambridge, Conotton Valley & Shenandoah

More intense research

12 Teams - 2 Divisions - 2 Crossovers - 5 conference games = 15 Guaranteed wins a year by conference opponents (this is your divisional games). So both divisions are going to get 15 wins off of conference opponents in their division. Now add crossovers, based on the average, the South is getting about 7.7 additional wins per year while the North is getting about 4.3. So the North is getting about 19 wins every year in weeks 4-10 and the South is getting about 23 wins every year in weeks 4-10. Not much? 4 wins is a lot, that would be equal to beating an 0-10 team to beating a 4-6 team. There are a lot more 2nd level points.

If there was 16 Teams, everyone playing each other once in your division. That guarantees each division 28 wins in weeks 4-10 compared to 19 & 23 when compared to the above formula. Again, thats a ton of points! Playing the SAME EXACT number of crossover games.

Lets say you had a ten team conference, thats 9 conference games. That is 45 wins your conference is guaranteed in weeks 2-10.

So now for the North, they are prisoners who arent aloud to maximize their point potential because they are handcuffed by poor scheduling. This formula even hurts the South, but not as bad as the North.

The MVL has the current perfect formula, thats why so many teams are in playoff contention.

They are going to run into the SAME problems as the IVC when they adopt this same format.

Divisions need to be AT LEAST 8 teams! 6 is hurtful!!

Most of the ivc fans on here act like their school makes it so far every year in the playoffs ???? delusional people!!
Ignoring the snark, what are some of the best IVC playoff runs of the last 10 - 15 years? Curious because Calpreps has Ridgewood favored over everyone in R19 (just 1pt over Ironton, but still favored)

How is Claymont getting a pass for canning their coach after a historic season and going 1-19 after that decision???

I think everyone has just accepted that schools like Claymont, Newcomerstown, Tusky Valley, etc are train wrecks in general.

East Canton - 4-2
Malvern - 3-3
Sandy Valley - 2-4
Buckeye Trail - 2-4
TCC - 2-4
Strasburg - 0-6

I think don't care is the correct answer. It's hard to accept but the fact is this league was setup just to make scheduling easier for ADs. That's why you have crossovers in all sports. Forget football, look at your school's basketball schedule. 12 league games, plus crossover games, plus the IVC Showcase game. By the end of the year your team will have played 17-18 games vs. IVC opponents and your AD will have had to do very little work to schedule games.

That's exactly how this league was explained to me by a board of education member of my school to me personally

I just hope that if anyone connected to the IVC reads this they would at least consider it.

Play One Crossover Game and add two more teams, or play no crossover games and add 4 more teams.

Wish list to add - Harrison Central, Cambridge, Conotton Valley & Shenandoah
Shenandoah to East Canton or even Malvern ????? won't happen!!!

Shenandoah to East Canton or even Malvern ????? won't happen!!!

Not really that much further then the trips for Trail, and after all, it was to cut down on travel as an excuse for Trail joining the IVC. Much farther for Trail to play Shenandoah, Caldwell, when you have easy road trips to Malvern, East Canton, and Sandy Valley. ???

D4 Claymont Indian Valley
D5 Sandy Valley Garaway Ridgewood
add MInerva D4 Canton South D4 Carrollton D4

D6 East Canton Tusky Valley Buckeye Trail Newcomerstown
D7 Tusky Central Malvern Strasburg
add Conotton Valley D7

Coshocton signed like a ten year contract with penalty with new league, Harrison Central has no reason to leave current conference. These two would be the D5 options however if we are talking points then the D4s

I think don't care is the correct answer. It's hard to accept but the fact is this league was setup just to make scheduling easier for ADs. That's why you have crossovers in all sports. Forget football, look at your school's basketball schedule. 12 league games, plus crossover games, plus the IVC Showcase game. By the end of the year your team will have played 17-18 games vs. IVC opponents and your AD will have had to do very little work to schedule games.

That's exactly how this league was explained to me by a board of education member of my school to me personally
What is your school, you never elaborate this as far as I know.

Damage is right I have heard ADs say the reason they joined the league was bc the conference made all the schedules.

D4 Claymont Indian Valley
D5 Sandy Valley Garaway Ridgewood
add MInerva D4 Canton South D4 Carrollton D4

D6 East Canton Tusky Valley Buckeye Trail Newcomerstown
D7 Tusky Central Malvern Strasburg
add Conotton Valley D7

Coshocton signed like a ten year contract with penalty with new league, Harrison Central has no reason to leave current conference. These two would be the D5 options however if we are talking points then the D4s
You do realize Harrison Central has been the most talked about to join the IVC right...

What is your school, you never elaborate this as far as I know.

Sandy Valley of course! Go Cards!!!

Actually, I attended Newcomerstown way back in the day. However, my kids went to Indian Valley and now I have grandkids in three different IVC schools. I also have two daughter-in-laws who are teachers at IVC schools so I have plenty of options on who to follow and root for since my Trojans have been in a bit of a down cycle for the last several years.

Stating Sandy should be in the South is not disrespect towards their program, it’s a compliment. It fits what most see to be a competitive fit. I respect your cost/travel argument you have made in the past, I simply do not believe it’s the reason for fighting to stay in North. But that’s my opinion, which I fully understand is irrelevant to most. The arguments/banter on this forum amongst posters, as well as other forums and in all walks of competitive sports fans is almost always between successful respected rivals. Ex: Massillon/McKinley Dover/Phila Wood/Way/IV OSU/MICH Browns/Steelers Yankees/Red Sox etc. You need to take a different mindset when your beloved Cardinals are “attacked” by member league schools...it means they respect or find your program relevant, maybe even threatening, to their program and it’s success.

Just in case you are taking this post personal, ITS NOT, it’s intended to be flattering to you and your Cardinals.
Good luck to Sandy in the postseason.
Yea gl or a miracle S.V goes 9-1 and you make the playoffs happy first round oponnet Kirtland happy goes away after just one wk

Most of the ivc fans on here act like their school makes it so far every year in the playoffs ???? delusional people!!
Get your facts right Malvern went state semis and wood has been in the state semis your delusional I say even a regional final appearance is Fairly deep

What an awful take. Making the playoffs is equivalent as a regional run in other sports. Garaway, SV, Strasburg, TV have went 2 deep. IV lost by 3 to Steubenville in regional title game and have went 2 deep multiple times. Ridgewood and Malvern played in state semis and have went 2 deep multiple times. Most of the time the IVC schools are getting beat by the blue blood programs like Kirtland, Canton Central, Ursuline (both Garaway and Ridgewood), Steubenville, Wheelersburg. Not bad at all.

Last edited:
You do realize Harrison Central has been the most talked about to join the IVC right...
yes and I recall that Harrison Central was invited to enter league in the recent past and has declined. However maybe they had a change of heart I would not know - but last I had heard of them - they were happy where they were. A Harrison Central poster may be able to better answer the climate of the athletic department.

What an awful take. Making the playoffs is equivalent as a regional run in other sports. Garaway, SV, Strasburg, TV have went 2 deep. IV lost by 3 to Steubenville in regional title game and have went 2 deep multiple times. Ridgewood and Malvern played in state semis and have went 2 deep multiple times. Most of the time the IVC schools are getting beat by the blue blood programs like Kirtland, Canton Central, Ursuline (both Garaway and Ridgewood), Steubenville, Wheelersburg. Not bad at all.

This isn't totally true though.

First of all there are 7 divisions in football while the others have 3 or 4.

Secondly, you are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot in football by winning your league. Not 100% but the odds are really high so you can win a bad league and get in and get knocked out.

In other sports you have to beat teams from other leagues to get to the final 16.

The IVCs playoff record is less than stellar. Let's not act otherwise.

i think it is totally true and your statement, damage, is not. making the regionals in other sports usually requires beating local teams who did not win their league, minus track and wrestling.

If you are truly from Newcomerstown you realize that they used to be really competitive, but did not have a stellar playoff record. That does not mean they were not good in sports during this time. The cleveland browns were really good in the late 80s early 90s, but did not have a stellar playoff record or any super bowl appearances, still found them enjoyable

i think it is totally true and your statement, damage, is not. making the regionals in other sports usually requires beating local teams who did not win their league, minus track and wrestling.

Yes but those teams that didn't win other league still might be better than an IVC league champion or vice versa.

For example, Sandy Valley went undefeated in the IVC North last year and then got destroyed by a Manchester team that two PAC losses.

Sandy could've finished anywhere between 3rd-5th in the PAC last year.

Making the playoffs in the current system has a lot to do with your schedule and of you can win your league you are in really good shape in most cases. Not all. Hell, Newcomerstown lived it going 10-0 and missing the playoffs.

The point is just making the playoffs is one thing but actually winning playoff games is what makes a statement about your league and the IVC's record is not the greatest.

I'm sure someone knows the playoff records of all the teams but I'd bet the overall record is under .500

What I said is 100% true bro. If you are lazy and just look at Won-Loss Record and don't understand how hard it is to win in the post season I guess you are right. Unless you go to the regional finals you aren't having an above .500 record in the playoffs and when you see the teams that ended runs for IVC teams and what they went on to do it creates a more clear picture.

23-32 Overall Record since 2008. 11 years, 2 playoff wins a year for teams in the league now. And I'm sure that record will improve this year as well with IV and Ridgewood poised for runs and Garaway with the right draw as well.

If I missed one correct me. Team they lost to in parenthesis with their credentials. Current Teams in IVC recent playoff history.

2018 (3-5 Overall record in playoffs that year)
SV 0-1 (Manchester, Beat State Champ Orrville in Regular season lost to them in playoff rematch)
East Canton 1-1 (Cuyahoga Heights State Semifinalist)
TCC 0-1 (Cuyahoga Heights State Semifinalist)
Ridgewood 1-1 (Meadowbrook)
Indian Valley 1-1 (Licking Valley, lost barn burner at Dover in State Semis to Girard 53-48, I was there great game)

2017 (2-2)
East Canton 1-1 (Cuyahoga Heights lost in STATE TITLE GAME)
IV 1-1 (Philo lost next week to John Glenn in Regional final who they beat earlier in the regular season)

2016 (1-3)
Garaway 1-1 (Coshocton lost to COLDWATER in State Semis)
Ridgewood 0-1 (Wheelersburg)
East Canton 0-1 (St. Paul)

2015 (2-3)
Ridgewood 1-1 (Wheelersburg lost to State Champs COLDWATER)
Sandy Valley 1-1 (Canton Central Catholic State Runner Up)
Indian Valley 0-1 (Salem) ***Not in league yet

2014 (1-3)
TCC 0-1 (Paint Valley)
Ridgewood 0-1 (Centerburg)
Garaway 1-1 (Kirtland State Runner Up)

2013 (2-2)
Malvern 0-1 (Caldwell)
Indian Valley 2-1 (STEUBENVILLE)

2012 (1-3)
Malvern 1-1 (Youngstown Christian)
Indian Valley 0-1 (Johnstown Monroe) ***Not in league yet
Garaway 0-1 (Ursuline lost 38-37 to State Runner Up Kirtland)

2011 (2-4)
Malvern 1-1 (Western Reserve who lost 22-21 to State Runner Up Buckeye Central)
Garaway 1-1 (Kirtland STATE CHAMPS)
Indian Valley 0-1 (Johnstown Monroe, lost to State Champ Norwayne in State Semis) ***Not in league yet
Ridgewood 1-1 (Valley)

2010 (1-2)
Malvern 1-1 (Shadyside State Runner Up)

2009 (5-3)
Ridgewood 3-1 (Ursuline State Champs)
Malvern 2-1 (Grove City Christian lost in state semis to State Champ St. Paul)
TCC 0-1 (Bridgeport)

2008 (3-2)
Malvern 3-1 (Hopewell Loudon State Runner Up)
Ridgewood 0-1 (Portsmouth West)

Last edited:
Sandy Valley of course! Go Cards!!!

Actually, I attended Newcomerstown way back in the day. However, my kids went to Indian Valley and now I have grandkids in three different IVC schools. I also have two daughter-in-laws who are teachers at IVC schools so I have plenty of options on who to follow and root for since my Trojans have been in a bit of a down cycle for the last several years.
So Damage,YOUR TOJANS are in a bit of a down cycle so you look for other schools to root for,no wonder you cant comprehend why true fans get upset when some one constantly slashes their school!

B
Not really that much further then the trips for Trail, and after all, it was to cut down on travel as an excuse for Trail joining the IVC. Much farther for Trail to play Shenandoah, Caldwell, when you have easy road trips to Malvern, East Canton, and Sandy Valley. ???
Best look at a map. The only road trips comparable to East Canton and Malvern for Trail would be Frontier and Fort Frye. We now know how bad our school board screwed us in joining the IVC which the bulk of the fanbase was against.Ironically the Super who pushed for it left his "Dream Job" shortly after this got approved.Yeah the cut down on travel was only one of three lies

What I said is 100% true bro. If you are lazy and just look at Won-Loss Record and don't understand how hard it is to win in the post season I guess you are right. Unless you go to the regional finals you aren't having an above .500 record in the playoffs and when you see the teams that ended runs for IVC teams and what they went on to do it creates a more clear picture.

22-28 Overall Record since 2008. 11 years, 2 playoff wins a year for teams in the league now. And I'm sure that record will improve this year as well with IV and Ridgewood poised for runs and Garaway with the right draw as well.

If I missed one correct me. Team they lost to in parenthesis with their credentials. Current Teams in IVC recent playoff history.

2018 (3-5 Overall record in playoffs that year)
SV 0-1 (Manchester, Beat State Champ Orrville in Regular season lost to them in playoff rematch)
East Canton 1-1 (Cuyahoga Heights State Semifinalist)
TCC 0-1 (Cuyahoga Heights State Semifinalist)
Ridgewood 1-1 (Meadowbrook)
Indian Valley 1-1 (Licking Valley, lost barn burner at Dover in State Semis to Girard 53-48, I was there great game)

2017 (2-2)
East Canton 1-1 (Cuyahoga Heights lost in STATE TITLE GAME)
IV 1-1 (Philo lost next week to John Glenn in Regional final who they beat earlier in the regular season)

2016 (1-3)
Garaway 1-1 (Coshocton lost to COLDWATER in State Semis)
East Canton 0-1 (St. Paul)

2015 (2-3)
Ridgewood 1-1 (Wheelersburg lost to State Champs COLDWATER)
Sandy Valley 1-1 (Canton Central Catholic State Runner Up)
Indian Valley 0-1 (Salem) ***Not in league yet

2014 (1-3)
TCC 0-1 (Paint Valley)
Ridgewood 0-1 (Centerburg)
Garaway 1-1 (Kirtland State Runner Up)

2013 (2-2)
Malvern 0-1 (Caldwell)
Indian Valley 2-1 (STEUBENVILLE)

2012 (1-3)
Malvern 1-1 (Youngstown Christian)
Indian Valley 0-1 (Johnstown Monroe) ***Not in league yet
Garaway 0-1 (Ursuline lost 38-37 to State Runner Up Kirtland)

2011 (2-4)
Malvern 1-1 (Western Reserve who lost 22-21 to State Runner Up Buckeye Central)
Garaway 1-1 (Kirtland STATE CHAMPS)
Indian Valley 0-1 (Johnstown Monroe, lost to State Champ Norwayne in State Semis) ***Not in league yet
Ridgewood 1-1 (Valley)

2010 (1-2)
Malvern 1-1 (Shadyside State Runner Up)

2009 (5-3)
Ridgewood 3-1 (Ursuline State Champs)
Malvern 2-1 (Grove City Christian lost in state semis to State Champ St. Paul)
TCC 0-1 (Bridgeport)

2008 (3-2)
Malvern 3-1 (Hopewell Loudon State Runner Up)
Ridgewood 0-1 (Portsmouth West)

I don't get the point of this post? The playoffs are supposed to include good teams and losing to good teams isn't an accomplishment.

And it's not like the IVC teams completed in the game's they lost last year.

Sandy Valley lost 35-0
TCC lost 42-13
Indian Valley lost 56-36
East Canton lost 21-6
Ridgewood lost 50-25.

So let's not make it sound like the IVC was on the doorstep of something special. They weren't.

The playoffs have now been around for basically 50 years. How many state titles? How many state runner-ups?

Have higher expectations man.

Yes but those teams that didn't win other league still might be better than an IVC league champion or vice versa.

For example, Sandy Valley went undefeated in the IVC North last year and then got destroyed by a Manchester team that two PAC losses.

Sandy could've finished anywhere between 3rd-5th in the PAC last year.

Making the playoffs in the current system has a lot to do with your schedule and of you can win your league you are in really good shape in most cases. Not all. Hell, Newcomerstown lived it going 10-0 and missing the playoffs.

The point is just making the playoffs is one thing but actually winning playoff games is what makes a statement about your league and the IVC's record is not the greatest.

I'm sure someone knows the playoff records of all the teams but I'd bet the overall record is under .500
Well to be completely honest sandy shouldn’t be in the north. They should be in the south and if they were they would not have won the league.