IVC 2023

Which IVC Team will be the first to win a state title?

• Garaway

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Ridgewood

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Indian Valley

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Claymont

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sandy Valley

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Tusky Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malvern

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • East Canton

• Buckeye Trail

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • TCC

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Strasburg

• Newcomerstown

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Nobody - It will never happen

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters

Damage450

Well, might as well get this thread started. Sure, we still have an entire offseason for possible coaching changes, transfers, etc but as of this moment here would be my predictions for the 2023 IVC season:

South

I think the South has the potential to be a fun division next year. Garaway loses a bunch and will come back to the pack but will still be pretty good. I think the south could be as competitive (maybe not as good but balanced) as it was in 2020.

1. Indian Valley - They were a "year away" heading into this year and they had a lot of young talent.
2. Garaway - They do lose a lot but once again they still had a bunch of good players returning.
3. Sandy Valley - Almost all of their IVC awards winners return and Petro, Davis and Gilland are a great skill trio.
4. Ridgewood - You know they will be well coached but where will the offense come from?
5. Claymont - Things were exponentially better in Mustang land this season but still a challenge to get to the top half of the South.
6. Tusky Valley - They seem to be getting worse by the year and they lose their only productive player. Massive rebuild ahead. Strange they are this bad.

North

As a division, the North was absolutely brutal in 2022. Hopefully the league will be much improved in 2023.

1. Newcomerstown - Breakthrough 2022 with almost all underclassmen. The playoffs showed how far away we still are but in the North we are the favorites IMO.
2. Malvern - Once again, they return several key players and Malvern always seems to have good athletes. Malvern @ Newcs will be game of the year.
3. Buckeye Trail - Let's hope Trail has lightened up the schedule a bit in 2023. They weren't great in 2022 but the schedule was brutal.
4. East Canton - When I watched them play the last two years I felt like their talent was better than the results. Am I wrong?
5. Strasburg - Every player who got an IVC award returns. If they can get a organized, responsible coach they can win 2-3 games maybe.
6. TCC - 2022 was a total disaster for the Saints and I'm not sure they are going to be any better in 2023. Just having a team might be a success.

Well, might as well get this thread started. Sure, we still have an entire offseason for possible coaching changes, transfers, etc but as of this moment here would be my predictions for the 2023 IVC season:

South

I think the South has the potential to be a fun division next year. Garaway loses a bunch and will come back to the pack but will still be pretty good. I think the south could be as competitive (maybe not as good but balanced) as it was in 2020.

1. Indian Valley - They were a "year away" heading into this year and they had a lot of young talent.
2. Garaway - They do lose a lot but once again they still had a bunch of good players returning.
3. Sandy Valley - Almost all of their IVC awards winners return and Petro, Davis and Gilland are a great skill trio.
4. Ridgewood - You know they will be well coached but where will the offense come from?
5. Claymont - Things were exponentially better in Mustang land this season but still a challenge to get to the top half of the South.
6. Tusky Valley - They seem to be getting worse by the year and they lose their only productive player. Massive rebuild ahead. Strange they are this bad.

North

As a division, the North was absolutely brutal in 2022. Hopefully the league will be much improved in 2023.

1. Newcomerstown - Breakthrough 2022 with almost all underclassmen. The playoffs showed how far away we still are but in the North we are the favorites IMO.
2. Malvern - Once again, they return several key players and Malvern always seems to have good athletes. Malvern @ Newcs will be game of the year.
3. Buckeye Trail - Let's hope Trail has lightened up the schedule a bit in 2023. They weren't great in 2022 but the schedule was brutal.
4. East Canton - When I watched them play the last two years I felt like their talent was better than the results. Am I wrong?
5. Strasburg - Every player who got an IVC award returns. If they can get a organized, responsible coach they can win 2-3 games maybe.
6. TCC - 2022 was a total disaster for the Saints and I'm not sure they are going to be any better in 2023. Just having a team might be a success.
Has Strasburg hired a coach yet?

Looks like Jimm Morris
Well that's certainly good news. I can't imagine a better hire than this considering the condition of the Strasburg program. Let's hope he can get it Strasburg back to respectability. The good news is Strasburg has some very winnable games with Rittman, Tusky Valley and TCC on next year's schedule.

Viva Stras Vegas baby!

Live view of Coach Mo coming out of El Campesino's with fire in his eyes-
im-back-gif.gif

South

North

I agree w this. Although not an IVC team CV will be interesting this year also

I agree w this. Although not an IVC team CV will be interesting this year also
You know IVC fans do need to hope that CV hires a good coach and keeps their program going strong. If the IVC ever expands then CV is a perfect candidate to join the North. Also, if TCC or Strasburg ever drop football CV would be a candidate.

it’s gonna be a battle to who’s program will stop first Strasburg or tcc. Casey’s done good with very little before but after seeing what happened last year after cherry quit was disgusting. CV should already be in it but I know they play tcc and Strasburg next regular season

There are a few IVC schools that I am stunned aren't making coaching changes. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?
the only coach I question in the ivc is Eric Henry dude can’t do anything and is still at claymont with the worst staff possible

the only coach I question in the ivc is Eric Henry dude can’t do anything and is still at claymont with the worst staff possible
I thought Claymont made some nice strides this year. They won 3 games and could've won a 4th. I know Claymont has a long ways to go to get to where they should be but there are programs that are a lot worse off in the IVC than the Mustangs.

it’s gonna be a battle to who’s program will stop first Strasburg or tcc. Casey’s done good with very little before but after seeing what happened last year after cherry quit was disgusting. CV should already be in it but I know they play tcc and Strasburg next regular season
The OVAC likes having CV within their ranks.....

It's not always the coaching...How many skilled players did they lose to the neighboring school again? He will have them ready this season.
How many more years they gonna use this as an excuse? He is the reason they left! And have them ready this season? I bet he has a master plan and probably thinking playoffs! Lay off the drugs

How many more years they gonna use this as an excuse? He is the reason they left! And have them ready this season? I bet he has a master plan and probably thinking playoffs! Lay off the drugs
Once again, I thought Claymont made strides on the field this year. Hopefully that will help keep their kids and make that program better.

Having said that, the #1 job of a coach in the IVC schools that don't "recruit" is to get their most athletic kids to play football. If a coach is failing at that then you need to move on. If kids aren't playing or are leaving to another school they are telling you they don't believe in the head coach. It's pretty simple.

Reactions: Miz
So last year we all thought Garaway had a chance to compete at the state level and they didn't. A few years ago it was Ridgewood. As we know, no IVC team has ever made it to even the title game let alone won a state title.

So, here's my question. Without being a prisoner of the moment (because nobody looks capable in the near future), which IVC team do you think will be the first to win a state title in their division?

TCC. All it would take would be a mutiny at Phila or Dover that caused an exodus of players. That's not likely at all, but more probable than any other scenario I could come up with.

I would actually vote for Indian Valley simply because they wouldn't have to run in to any MAC schools or Kirtland on their way to the title. If you are in DVI or DVII I'm not sure you have any realistic chance any time in the near future. When you watch IVC teams play in person and then watch MAC teams play in person it's almost like it is a different sport.

That's something that really stinks about Garaway this past season. Coldwater was a bit down and had an huge injury and Versailles & Kirtland had dropped to DVI so the door was wide open for a non-MAC DV team to win the title.

I would actually vote for Indian Valley simply because they wouldn't have to run in to any MAC schools or Kirtland on their way to the title. If you are in DVI or DVII I'm not sure you have any realistic chance any time in the near future. When you watch IVC teams play in person and then watch MAC teams play in person it's almost like it is a different sport.

That's something that really stinks about Garaway this past season. Coldwater was a bit down and had an huge injury and Versailles & Kirtland had dropped to DVI so the door was wide open for a non-MAC DV team to win the title.
IV has had some really good teams in their region as of late. Going to take a special group in any IVC program.

IV has had some really good teams in their region as of late. Going to take a special group in any IVC program.
Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen at IV any time soon (if ever) but I just think they have the best chance because DIV doesn't have the same roadblocks some of the teams at the smaller divisions have and the style of offense IV plays gives them a better chance come playoff time than the spread teams we see in the IVC.

It's not always the coaching...How many skilled players did they lose to the neighboring school again? He will have them ready this season.
Have you watched them play? They ran a total of 6 plays on offense. Offense was loaded with talent, yet they couldn’t muster up anything outside of the same 6 plays. No creativity, no game planning.

Have you watched them play? They ran a total of 6 plays on offense. Offense was loaded with talent, yet they couldn’t muster up anything outside of the same 6 plays. No creativity, no game planning.
If that's the case, maybe he's making changes in the off season? Also heard rumors of him not coming back...

If that's the case, maybe he's making changes in the off season? Also heard rumors of him not coming back...
Half the coaches are a buddy system, it’s not about getting your buddy a few extra bucks so you can enjoy the staff around you, it’s about getting the best possible coaches for the athletes.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen at IV any time soon (if ever) but I just think they have the best chance because DIV doesn't have the same roadblocks some of the teams at the smaller divisions have and the style of offense IV plays gives them a better chance come playoff time than the spread teams we see in the IVC.
Isn't Steubenville in the same region as Indian Valley ?