IVC 2020

Did you see the way ironton got smacked around 38-0 by the team sandy scored 28 points on. Hoagie all quiet with his basketball shoes on ?

SV did score 28 on Kirtland. Not arguing that and very impressive that they were able to score against Kirtland, not all teams on Kirtlands schedule can say they did. Congrats on a very nice year to the Cards. But to put into context.....

With 3:07 remaining in the 2nd quarter the score was 42-7 Kirtland. Kirtland then in the third extended to 56-14 with 2:08 left in the third and one score was their backup running back since Sullivans night was finished and running clock was well in effect. "Two of the four TD's came late in the fourth quarter when Kirtland's starters were on the bench and after the outcome of the game had long been decided". Kirtland ended the night with 511 yards of offense. All stats and info from the news herald article on the game. Blair and Evans both with great careers for the Cards. Many teams go to backups when the game is out of hand, no disrespect to SV, they just do not do that so I can see where they can score a lot of points especially with players as good as Blair and Evans and the system they run. Much the same as when they were down 42-0 against Ridgewood and throw a deep TD pass to make it 42-7 and then Ridgewood took a knee the very next offensive play as the game was over. I very much credit SV for scoring 14 on Kirtland, but a good Varsity football team scoring on a JV squad or primarily 2nd/3rd string group is personally not impressive to me as a football fan.

SV did score 28 on Kirtland. Not arguing that and very impressive that they were able to score against Kirtland, not all teams on Kirtlands schedule can say they did. Congrats on a very nice year to the Cards. But to put into context.....

With 3:07 remaining in the 2nd quarter the score was 42-7 Kirtland. Kirtland then in the third extended to 56-14 with 2:08 left in the third and one score was their backup running back since Sullivans night was finished and running clock was well in effect. "Two of the four TD's came late in the fourth quarter when Kirtland's starters were on the bench and after the outcome of the game had long been decided". Kirtland ended the night with 511 yards of offense. All stats and info from the news herald article on the game. Blair and Evans both with great careers for the Cards. Many teams go to backups when the game is out of hand, no disrespect to SV, they just do not do that so I can see where they can score a lot of points especially with players as good as Blair and Evans and the system they run. Much the same as when they were down 42-0 against Ridgewood and throw a deep TD pass to make it 42-7 and then Ridgewood took a knee the very next offensive play as the game was over. I very much credit SV for scoring 14 on Kirtland, but a good Varsity football team scoring on a JV squad or primarily 2nd/3rd string group is personally not impressive to me as a football fan.
Not impressive, agree, also not impressive, Wood getting beat then the team that beat them got bulldozed. This was for all the chest thumping that turned out to be nothing when they had to play someone.

Not impressive, agree, also not impressive, Wood getting beat then the team that beat them got bulldozed. This was for all the chest thumping that turned out to be nothing when they had to play someone.

Wood lives rent free in your head buddy. Just remember that the only reason Mr overrated (Blair) and your beloved Cardinals scored on the Wood was because we had our freshman team in. I guess when your program is dogsh** you have to get off on other teams losing... cause you are obviously outclassed by Wood year in and year out. Even with your “best team ever”.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wood lives rent free in your head buddy. Just remember that the only reason Mr overrated (Blair) and your beloved Cardinals scored on the Wood was because we had our freshman team in. I guess when your program is dogsh** you have to get off on other teams losing... cause you are obviously outclassed by Wood year in and year out. Even with your “best team ever”.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ha, no chance. Wait until you have to homegrown a qb for the next decade. Or is there another brother coming up that’ll make the trip in...... I’ll refrain from calling out kids names. Huggin buns of men must be chapped.

Ha, no chance. Wait until you have to homegrown a qb for the next decade. Or is there another brother coming up that’ll make the trip in...... I’ll refrain from calling out kids names. Huggin buns of men must be chapped.
One of the best teams ever was last year when we took the multi defending state champion to the wire when no one else in years sniffed them. the team that handled you this year got monkey stomped by them. That was one of our best teams. And we didn’t have to play your non homegrown to show it, we showed it to a state powerhouse that was much better than you......

Last edited:
One of the best teams ever was last year when we took the multi defending state champion to the wire when no one else in years sniffed them. the team that handled you this year got monkey stomped by them. That was one of our best teams. And we didn’t have to play your non homegrown to show it, we showed it to a state powerhouse that was much better than you......
Only reason you guys didn’t play wood is because you guys we’re too chicken sh** or else we would have handed you your just like this year. All you got is talk, The Wood has hardware. SV gets outclassed by Wood in football every single year. Well except one. You guys are 1-19 against us :ROFLMAO: So you can have your “well we didn’t lose as bad as other teams” attitude. It’s apparent that that’s all that program has to look forward to every year.

Only reason you guys didn’t play wood is because you guys we’re too chicken sh** or else we would have handed you your just like this year. All you got is talk, The Wood has hardware. SV gets outclassed by Wood in football every single year. Well except one. You guys are 1-19 against us :ROFLMAO: So you can have your “well we didn’t lose as bad as other teams” attitude. It’s apparent that that’s all that program has to look forward to every year.
Refer to my above post. We hung to the wire with the premiere team in the state, year over year. When no one else ever does. You can’t bullS&)@ away from this by talking about your coveted participation trophies. ???

Refer to my above post. We hung to the wire with the premiere team in the state, year over year. When no one else ever does. You can’t bullS&)@ away from this by talking about your coveted participation trophies. ???
Damage will tell you, you ain’t nothing unless you’re a state champion. He rants about it all the time. Either show me your state trophy ? or crawl back into the mix and start working on another drive in athlete for 2022......

You wanna bash the wood about “participation” trophies but wanna hang your hat on “well we hung in there!” :ROFLMAO: Like I said, win the IVC north and you’ll have my attention, until then your just the door mat beneath the woods feet. It’s awful sad you have to get off on other teams losing and “hanging in there” With teams to make yourself feel relevant. Kind of funny too. But your a SV fan, so what should I expect?‍♂️ other than a couple IVC “sisters of the poor” division titles you ain’t got jack:LOL:

You wanna bash the wood about “participation” trophies but wanna hang your hat on “well we hung in there!” :ROFLMAO: Like I said, win the IVC north and you’ll have my attention, until then your just the door mat beneath the woods feet. It’s awful sad you have to get off on other teams losing and “hanging in there” With teams to make yourself feel relevant. Kind of funny too. But your a SV fan, so what should I expect?‍♂️ other than a couple IVC “sisters of the poor” division titles you ain’t got jack:LOL:
How’s it feel kid, you’ve been talking your trash for a year. As long as you keep being a pompous arse I’ll be doing the same. Participation kings. Better get to drafting a new out of area qb soon. Your duel brothers time is running thin.

Last edited:
How’s it feel kid, you’ve been talking your trash for a year. As long as you keep being a pompous arse I’ll be doing the same. Participation kings. Better get to drafting a new out of area qb soon. Your duel brothers time is running thin.
How’s it feel? It always feels good putting trash can programs like SV in the dirt where they belong. And hanging IVC championship banners always feels good. I know SV doesn’t get to feel that very often (only when they play in the south) but take our word for it when we say it feels nice. And idk where you are getting drafting out of area QBs from. Tingles live in Ridgewood School district and have lived there since Gabe was in elementary. I’ll chalk it as to having no idea what you are talking about and blowing smoke out of your @$$, like you do on this forum all the time. As for “well your doing it so I am too” argument, this whole thing started when you got your panties in a twist about my less than mild joke about SV being #1 in the 2021 preseason poll. No one was being a “pompous arse” until you started being one. I’m just giving it back to you ?‍♂️

How’s it feel? It always feels good putting trash can programs like SV in the dirt where they belong. And hanging IVC championship banners always feels good. I know SV doesn’t get to feel that very often (only when they play in the south) but take our word for it when we say it feels nice. And idk where you are getting drafting out of area QBs from. Tingles live in Ridgewood School district and have lived there since Gabe was in elementary. I’ll chalk it as to having no idea what you are talking about and blowing smoke out of your @$$, like you do on this forum all the time. As for “well your doing it so I am too” argument, this whole thing started when you got your panties in a twist about my less than mild joke about SV being #1 in the 2021 preseason poll. No one was being a “pompous arse” until you started being one. I’m just giving it back to you ?‍♂️
Small pond son, small pond. Keep hanging those participation trophies ???? the team that smoked you got smoked. So much for your greatest team ever ????

When Ridgewood's signature games each year are Garaway, IV, and SV: They are likely never going to compete for a state title. You can tell by their OOC schedule that they're just fine with that.

When Ridgewood's signature games each year are Garaway, IV, and SV: They are likely never going to compete for a state title. You can tell by their OOC schedule that they're just fine with that.

IMO the league itself really let's down Ridgewood (and the top teams in other sports) more than the OOC schedule. Sure, it's nice to have a tough OOC schedule but those games are early in the season. You can definitely have some weaknesses exposed and correct them early but it also helps to play good competition throughout the league portion of your schedule and continue to be challenged all year long.

Right now Garaway is the only other ascending program in the IVC. There is no shame in having the Pirates as part of your schedule. It's hard to tell for me what Indian Valley really is. They had some good years but was that a result of them being so much larger than the IVC? I'm not really sure. Still though, no shame in having IV on your schedule.

However, the rest of Ridgewood's 2021 IVC schedule is shaky at best. Who knows what Sandy Valley will be without Cam Blair. Tusky Valley and Claymont are not going to provide any competition for Ridgewood right now. Ridgewood's crossovers are East Canton and Strasburg which will likely be two more lopsided games. So basically, five of the seven IVC games are pretty much over before they even start.

Hopefully some of the struggling programs will find a way to improve their programs. Wouldn't it be nice to have a really competitive league where every team can compete with each other on any given Friday night?

IMO the league itself really let's down Ridgewood (and the top teams in other sports) more than the OOC schedule. Sure, it's nice to have a tough OOC schedule but those games are early in the season. You can definitely have some weaknesses exposed and correct them early but it also helps to play good competition throughout the league portion of your schedule and continue to be challenged all year long.

Right now Garaway is the only other ascending program in the IVC. There is no shame in having the Pirates as part of your schedule. It's hard to tell for me what Indian Valley really is. They had some good years but was that a result of them being so much larger than the IVC? I'm not really sure. Still though, no shame in having IV on your schedule.

However, the rest of Ridgewood's 2021 IVC schedule is shaky at best. Who knows what Sandy Valley will be without Cam Blair. Tusky Valley and Claymont are not going to provide any competition for Ridgewood right now. Ridgewood's crossovers are East Canton and Strasburg which will likely be two more lopsided games. So basically, five of the seven IVC games are pretty much over before they even start.

Hopefully some of the struggling programs will find a way to improve their programs. Wouldn't it be nice to have a really competitive league where every team can compete with each other on any given Friday night?
The Pac 7 is waiting for Ridewoods call? Have they tried to elevate by increasing the competition factor you espouse? To my knowledge they’ve been in the IVC for an eternity and haven’t tried to leave and elevate.

Last edited:
The Pac 7 is waiting for Ridewoods call? Have they tried to elevate by increasing the competition factor you espouse? To my knowledge they’ve been in the IVC for an eternity and haven’t tried to leave and elevate.

I have no idea if Ridgewood has ever tried to leave the IVC or not. The PAC-7 is definitely a better overall league though. Travel might be an issue but it would provide a lot better competition.

Great job to Sandy Valley Ridgewood and Garaway. All 3 teams had great seasons and won a couple of playoff games. Wish #21 for SV could have played all season wish Tingle for Ridgewood could have played against Ironton. If Tingle plays its Ridgewood vs Kirtland for state title JMO.

I have no idea if Ridgewood has ever tried to leave the IVC or not. The PAC-7 is definitely a better overall league though. Travel might be an issue but it would provide a lot better competition.
Travel shouldn’t mean a thing, we’ve discussed this extensively over the last couple of years and it’s not a factor according to many on here.

IMO the league itself really let's down Ridgewood (and the top teams in other sports) more than the OOC schedule.
The point is that coaches choose their OOC. They didn't choose their league, and not testing themselves where they can shows me Ridgewood is happy being the corn kernel in the turd and posturing like they're a state power, rather than wanting to challenge themselves.

Realize who some of the loudest voices are in the room about keeping the crossovers. Getting rid of them would open two games so a program like Ridgewood wouldn't be "let down" by the league. I don't think the 6&7s are banging the table to keep those mandatory games......

Realize who some of the loudest voices are in the room about keeping the crossovers. Getting rid of them would open two games so a program like Ridgewood wouldn't be "let down" by the league. I don't think the 6&7s are banging the table to keep those mandatory games......

Listen, the crossover serve one purpose and one purpose only. They keep the ADs from having to do any work to fill those weeks. That's all. There is no benefit to most teams playing those games. Those are blowouts for the top South teams and beatdowns for the North teams.

The same thing with the crossovers and Showcase is the basketball and volleyball.

Wait, Garaway is ascending and Indian Valleys body of work is hard to discern? Really? ?

Wait, Garaway is ascending and Indian Valleys body of work is hard to discern? Really? ?

Indian Valley since 2017 (year one in the IVC)

10-0 regular season - won 1 playoff game
9-1 regular season - won 1 playoff game
9-1 regular season - won 0 playoff games
4-4 regular season - won 0 playoff games

Garaway since 2017

5-5 regular season - Did not qualify
8-2 regular season - Did not qualify
8-2 regular season - Won 1 playoff game
5-1 regular season - Won 2 playoff games

I know we can debate the legitimacy of the first few rounds of the playoffs this year and if they were real playoffs or not but Garaway has improved each of the last four years. Indian Valley hasn't had the success lately they had in 2017.