IVC 2020

SV claymont is horrible
Ridgewood iv hasnt done anything since there rb got hurt
garaway just better than tv
trail strausburg is not bad but trail is way better
malvern it will be a good game the first half but malvern will pull away
TCC they get better and better every week, there running the ball with 7 and 8 and the defense is really good.

Week 4 IVC football games:

Sandy Valley (2-1) @ Claymont (0-3)
Indian Valley (1-2) @ Ridgewood (3-0)
Garaway (3-0) @ Tusky Valley (1-2)

Strasburg (1-2) @ Buckeye Trail (1-2)
Newcomerstown (1-2) @ Malvern (3-0)
East Canton (1-2) @ TCC (1-2)

Not a great slate of games this week.

Sandy Valley - 50+
Ridgewood - Will it be a running clock?
Garaway - 40+
Buckeye Trail +14
Malvern +20
TCC +7

Malvern D is quietly putting together a great campaign.

Garaway hopefully isn't sleeping on TV again.

E Canton and TCC game of the week.

Malvern D is quietly putting together a great campaign.

Garaway hopefully isn't sleeping on TV again.

E Canton and TCC game of the week.

I don't think sleeping would be enough for Garaway to lose this game. The gap between the top 4 teams and the bottom 2 in the South is incredible.

Have to admit, this thread has really died this year because the biggest "what if?" has been answered. The debate for 2-3 years has been if SV and Blair could beat Wood Nation and Tingle. Now with that off the table, not a lot going on in this league. Even piratefan is staying quiet and not saying that Garaway is going to destroy everyone.

Its so boring now without Bo and the SV chest thumping. Im considering revisiting the entire thread along with the 2019 one just for entertainment.

Its so boring now without Bo and the SV chest thumping. Im considering revisiting the entire thread along with the 2019 one just for entertainment.

No doubt, it is what entertained me during my planning and lunch periods. THis thread has died and so has the PAC thread now that Jim France has retired and Marquel Parks is not playing. 2020 is really the worst year ever.

No doubt, it is what entertained me during my planning and lunch periods. THis thread has died and so has the PAC thread now that Jim France has retired and Marquel Parks is not playing. 2020 is really the worst year ever.
This is pretty funny, but TOTALLY accurate. The PAC thread was dead until Manchester played their first game and even then it's still just puttering along.

Only positive - the "COVID is going to kill us all, no way we can play" folks from the spring & summer seem to have gone over to the debate forum. For now.

its state championship or bust for them this year. after watching them last week wow.
how far does SV and IV and garaway go this year
Going to be a very interesting year for all the E/SE Ohio teams regardless of division. Because of the teams that 1) aren't playing or 2) won't play in playoffs all the regions will get "adjusted" to as close to equal as they can make them. Don't suppose it really matters in D5 but guessing SV would rather go north again. Up there they "only" have Kirtland. Down south you'll be some combo of a Ridgewood, Ironton, Wheelerburg meat grinder.

Going to be a very interesting year for all the E/SE Ohio teams regardless of division. Because of the teams that 1) aren't playing or 2) won't play in playoffs all the regions will get "adjusted" to as close to equal as they can make them. Don't suppose it really matters in D5 but guessing SV would rather go north again. Up there they "only" have Kirtland. Down south you'll be some combo of a Ridgewood, Ironton, Wheelerburg meat grinder.
not necessarily. they could group the region around your district. in the like of tuslaw waynedale chippewa teams around them to start out with then go out further north and south.

not necessarily. they could group the region around your district. in the like of tuslaw waynedale chippewa teams around them to start out with then go out further north and south.
Now if they do that (ie - full basketball model since everyone's getting in anyhow) I think it would be great! Much more excitement even for bad teams when they play a local team. From what i've read though, it's going to be 4 regions (20-25 per depending) voted 1 - 25ish.
Hope I'm wrong. Really do. But that would mean giving OHSAA some credit for doing things right. Not sure I'm there yet.

Ouch

Who are the so-called SV chest thumpers? If there were any, i'm sure they are not SV fans, rather Wood haters!!!! SV got waxed by a, hands down, better team.... Moving forward, SV will have their hands full vs. Way & in the playoffs minus an All-Ohio 2-way standout.... IMO.... GO CARDS!!!!

O my bad then who might the south could add st Thomas maybe
St. Thomas and Warren JFK are supposedly joining what's left of the PTC which is Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, and Lake Center Christian (no football). The PTC has more or less fallen apart after beginning as a 2-tiered league of 16 schools. After a few reshufflings to keep teams aligned by enrollment, the 8 schools from the Metro Division broke off to form their own league starting this fall. Windham left many years ago for the NAC. East Canton left a few years ago for the IVC. Waterloo left for the MVAC around the same time as EC. Lake Center Christian was added upon making the promise that they would eventually start a football program. We're still waiting on that one. Valley Christian showed up for 1 or 2 years before leaving to fill the vacancy left behind by Toronto in the EOAC. Crestwood left for the CVC. Garrettsville Garfield is leaving for a 2-tiered merger of the MVAC and the AAC's Blue Division.

I'm not sure how many realistic options the IVC has for expansion. I could honestly see the small schools +Tusky and Sandy breaking away at some point and creating their own league.

Just checked ohsaa, Sandy is actually the third largest school in the league, ahead of ridgewood, garaway and Tusky. Garaway has the largest cb number in 18, wow. Sandy is 9, ridgewood is four, surprising.

transfer number or competitive balance is
Garaway 18, thats as many as wheelersburg
Sandy Valley 9
Indian valley 8
tusky valley 5
ridgewood and claymont 4