IVC 2020

Damage450

Might as well get it started now. Here is my way, way, way too early predictions for 2020.

South

1. Ridgewood - They were the best team by far this year and I see no reason they won't be next year.
2. Garaway - They have a ton coming back and a lot of young talent.
3. Sandy Valley - The Cardinals now get a chance to prove themselves in the big boy division.
4. Indian Valley - Can't believe I am putting them 4th but who would you put them in front of?
5. Tusky Valley - Only because I saw Claymont play and can't see them not being a disaster
6. Claymont - The worst team in the IVC in 2019 by a lot. Even a huge improvement may not be enough to get out of the basement.

North

1. Buckeye Trail - This is an ascending program. They lose some players but I sitll think they will be the best in the North.
2. Malvern - Many of their best players return.
3. Newcomerstown - They lose some key players but I think the coaching will help keep the momentum going.
4. East Canton - Only because of their history. They seem to be losing a lot.
5. TCC - They lose their QB and numbers are always an issue there. Could see them ahead of East Canton.
6. Strasburg - When does basketball start?

South
1. Ridgewood - Lost some good players but return their nucleus
2. Garaway - Will be good but not Ridgewood good
3. Indian Valley - Lost a lot of really good players but they have some great kids coming
4. Sandy Valley - QB is going to be good but I don't see them passing the above 3
5. Claymont - Will be improved
6. Tusky Valley - Will they have football?

North
1. Malvern - They will have two of the best offensive weapons in the whole league
2. Newcomerstown - They really got it going as the season went
3. Buckeye Trail - Will always be competitive but lost some good kids
4. Strasburg - If they get their QB back this could go to number 1 or 2
5. East Canton - losing a bunch of good kids
6. TCC - Return some good players but lose their best ones

News flash, SV would have beaten Garaway this year and it wouldn’t have been close.....

South:

The South will run through the Wood. The Wood does lose a lot of offensive weapons but return ten defensive starters. They will reload offensively and be just fine with #2 runnin the show.
Sandy could make things interesting. I could see them upsetting one of the big 3.
IV will be solid as always. The Thornton kid is a very nice back.
Gway will be okay. They return a good bit.
Wood and Way week 10 will be fun to see. Bring some excitement back to week 10.

North:
I look for Buckeye Trail to win the league and make the playoffs. Coach Kerns does a great job down there.
Malvern will definitely have a chance. Hutchinson is a nice player. Malvern also has a really nice incoming freshman class. Maybe some will see time next year.

News flash, SV would have beaten Garaway this year and it wouldn’t have been close.....
Neither team could stop the run so i say it would have been closer then you think. Take away blair and sandy valley doesnt have a team he makes that team go.

Wood wins south. Buckeye trail wins north. Interested to see how well SV competes in the south. They finish 2nd/3rd. Game with Kirtland really impressed me. Just don’t think anyone in IVC can run with the wood with Tingle running the show. Tingle/Blair is must see.

Neither team could stop the run so i say it would have been closer then you think. Take away blair and sandy valley doesnt have a team he makes that team go.
SV had a bunch of hidden talent IMO this year, there wasn't enough footballs to go around. Not taking away Blair's talent nor do I want anyone to believe he was the only reason they were good. They will have an over abundance of talent next year also, it remains to be seen how they replace the big men up front is the gap.

I think Ridgewood will win the ivc south next year and I think it will be a gray matchup between Garaway and Sandy Valley for second place!! Sandy returns every receiver except Brodie kelly and I’m interested to see how Demetrius Evans does his senior year because at the end of the year and playoffs he turned into one of the best playmakers in the area!! What grade will Tingle be in next year?

Thats ok all of yall are counting out the Braves!! year in and year out indian valley proves to be right up there with ridgewood. and im telling ya now i know wer lost love but a couple o-line but they definitly will be in the hunt next year. their gonna be pretty good. Their jv line prolly could have started anywhere in the ivc that how deep they are up front. And they will have a Qb that will be pretty good as well 8-2 calling it next year for the braves.

Tingle will be a Junior next year at Ridgewood. Road will run through West Lafayette. Going to be a battle after that in the south. Wouldn’t ever count IV out, they lost a lot but are always solid. Will continue to pound the ball on the ground. Sandy will play well and be right in that hunt. I personally don’t know what all Garaway has coming back but need to find a way to stop the run to stand a chance. Saw them play twice and got gashed by wood and IV on the ground. Looking forward to the new setup.

Hoping SV makes some noise in 2020..... After next years senior class is gone, ya'll are gonna wish the Cards were back in the North..... This years Soph class has a few talented young men... Frosh, zilch, and from what i witnessed, not a lot coming up from Middle School...... BTW, someone mentioned SV 'doesn't have a team' without their QB........ What if Wood didn't have their QB?!?!?!?!?! GO CARDS!!!!!!

H BTW, someone mentioned SV 'doesn't have a team' without their QB........ What if Wood didn't have their QB?!?!?!?!?!
Same could be said for most any team playing after week 11.

Or, as grandad said, "and if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle"

There is some very good players returning in this conference. I didn't realize that star power that were underclassmen this year.

Ridgewood returns Tingle and the Prater boys with a lot of other talent.

Shane Thornton returns at Indian Valley in addition to their young talent.

Newsome returns at Garaway with his wide receivers who are frisbee catching doggs.

Malvern returns offensive player of the year Hutchinson with a few good skill guys and the really good young lineman, his name escapes me

Buckeye Trail returns Rome & Smith at RB with their whole line back

This league is going to set up nice next year. I know there are a lot of other good players in the league. I think if Strasburg gets their QB back they could be dangerous. East Canton is going to have some athletic kids. I just really think this league is pretty solid across the board.

There is some very good players returning in this conference. I didn't realize that star power that were underclassmen this year.

Ridgewood returns Tingle and the Prater boys with a lot of other talent.

Shane Thornton returns at Indian Valley in addition to their young talent.

Newsome returns at Garaway with his wide receivers who are frisbee catching doggs.

Malvern returns offensive player of the year Hutchinson with a few good skill guys and the really good young lineman, his name escapes me

Buckeye Trail returns Rome & Smith at RB with their whole line back

This league is going to set up nice next year. I know there are a lot of other good players in the league. I think if Strasburg gets their QB back they could be dangerous. East Canton is going to have some athletic kids. I just really think this league is pretty solid across the board.

The league definitely has some good players returning but let's not overstate the quality of the IVC The league went 3-5 in the playoffs this year. It's time for the IVC to step up and start winning playoff games consistently and challenging for state titles. Raise your expectations people.

Way to early predictions for 2020

Team to make the biggest improvement : Claymont (can't go down)

Players of the year : Gabe Tingle and Derk Hutchinson (two obvious choices)

Team most likely to take a step back : Sandy Valley (change may prove to be to much)

Best line of Scrimmages : Ridgewood & Buckeye Trail (solid foundations)

Best Defense : Newcomerstown & Ridgewood (both teams fly around)

Team hardest to prepare for each week : Indian Valley & TCC (both will throw a ton of stuff at the opposition)

Way to early predictions for 2020

Team to make the biggest improvement : Claymont (can't go down)

Players of the year : Gabe Tingle and Derk Hutchinson (two obvious choices)

Team most likely to take a step back : Sandy Valley (change may prove to be to much)

Best line of Scrimmages : Ridgewood & Buckeye Trail (solid foundations)

Best Defense : Newcomerstown & Ridgewood (both teams fly around)

Team hardest to prepare for each week : Indian Valley & TCC (both will throw a ton of stuff at the opposition)

Clearly his is a solid list that the reigning D-V OPOY isn't mentioned as a POY in the conference

I think with playing Indian Valley, Ridgewood and Garaway, the POY isnt going to be on the 4th place team. I would say with Ridgewood being the obvious favorite, Tingle should be the favorite.

I think with playing Indian Valley, Ridgewood and Garaway, the POY isnt going to be on the 4th place team. I would say with Ridgewood being the obvious favorite, Tingle should be the favorite.

It's not like Blair, who accounted for 40 more TD's this season will just completely disappear, dude is a force in that conference and without a doubt brings the most value to his team. Is the most highly recruited of any skilled player maybe ever in the conference, etc etc etc.

It's not like Blair, who accounted for 40 more TD's this season will just completely disappear, dude is a force in that conference and without a doubt brings the most value to his team. Is the most highly recruited of any skilled player maybe ever in the conference, etc etc etc.

Now that Sandy Valley is in the big division I think only three games will matter when it comes to Blair/Tingle/Newsome's chances at PoY. It'll all depend on what they do head to head. Nobody is going to care what numbers they put up vs. Claymont, Tusky Valley or in crossovers vs. the North.

I just don't think the gene pool is as strong in our area. MAC football domination isn't because of coaching, it is a total community buy in of unselfish, team first mentality, genetics and depth.

Until a few families move this way we will continue to see minimum amount of teams make it that far in our area.

I just don't think the gene pool is as strong in our area. MAC football domination isn't because of coaching, it is a total community buy in of unselfish, team first mentality, genetics and depth.

Until a few families move this way we will continue to see minimum amount of teams make it that far in our area.

Couldn't disagree with this comment more. Did the Marion Local gene pool change after the year 1998 because they had two playoff appearances between 1972 and 1998 and then they hired Tim Goodwin. Since then they've made the playoffs every year but once and they've won 10 state titles.

Same thing with Kirtland. One playoff appearance before hiring Tiger Laverde is 2006. Since then they have only missed the playoffs once and they have four state titles.

You can go through the Yappi sports Wiki and watch the ebb and flow of pretty much any program in the state and see how much of a difference having the right coach can make.

I agree with having the right coach, but are you meaning to tell me Slusser isn't the right guy in Ridgewood? Wallick isn't the right guy in Sugarcreek? Those goes have maximized their talent pool and are absolutely the right guy for the job. I don't think being a good coach is those who just win championships at the high school level.

Now that Sandy Valley is in the big division I think only three games will matter when it comes to Blair/Tingle/Newsome's chances at PoY. It'll all depend on what they do head to head. Nobody is going to care what numbers they put up vs. Claymont, Tusky Valley or in crossovers vs. the North.
Don't be a victim of the moment, it'll be a 10 game body of work. He did just give a team that will probably win a state title 280 through the air and absolute fits. It's amazing this kid is running 3rd when his resume is clearly, without a question, the best.