IVC 2020

Well I think we can officially say the IVC North was a disaster this year. When your undefeated league champion gets blown out in what is the first round of the traditional playoffs you know that 6-0 record was a result of who they played more than anything.

Newcs and Strasburg suffered blowout losses last night as well. At least Buckeye Trail won I guess
Well I think we can officially say the IVC North was a disaster this year. When your undefeated league champion gets blown out in what is the first round of the traditional playoffs you know that 6-0 record was a result of who they played more than anything.

Newcs and Strasburg suffered blowout losses last night as well. At least Buckeye Trail won I guess.
Malvern has nothing to be embarrassed about great season a roster of 22 players with 4 seniors it's really hard to compete against rosters of 50 or more congratulations Hornets

Round 2 playoff results:

Wood- Souless winning machine marches on even after a less than stellar start. LU scored off a turnover on the first play of the game and was never really close after that. Wood wins 43-7

Garaway- Holy smokes! Pirates that good or Bellaire that bad? Pirates smoke Big red 61-0

Sandy- Wish I could say I was surprised, but I’m not. Kirtland is loaded and had an extra chip on their shoulder. Sandy was Sandy. Another year of talk and no backing it up. Cards crushed 56-28

Malvern- Ran into a real playoff team. Go down 44-14. Won’t take away from a 6-0 IVC championship though. Congrats hornets.

Round 3 matchups:

Wheelersburg @ Ridgewood- The burg FINALLY gets to make the trip to West Lafayette. Even with 15% capacity, WL will be rocking. It’s time for the pirates to feel that 3 hour drive up and that disappointing 3 hours back. Early prediction: Wood wins 42-20

Garaway @ Kirtland: No Bellaire this week. If the pirates can keep it out of running clock territory I’ll be impressed. I say Kirtland wins 55-20

Good luck Garaway and let’s go WOOOOOOD NATION!

Round 2 playoff results:

Wood- Souless winning machine marches on even after a less than stellar start. LU scored off a turnover on the first play of the game and was never really close after that. Wood wins 43-7

Garaway- Holy smokes! Pirates that good or Bellaire that bad? Pirates smoke Big red 61-0

Sandy- Wish I could say I was surprised, but I’m not. Kirtland is loaded and had an extra chip on their shoulder. Sandy was Sandy. Another year of talk and no backing it up. Cards crushed 56-28

Malvern- Ran into a real playoff team. Go down 44-14. Won’t take away from a 6-0 IVC championship though. Congrats hornets.

Round 3 matchups:

Wheelersburg @ Ridgewood- The burg FINALLY gets to make the trip to West Lafayette. Even with 15% capacity, WL will be rocking. It’s time for the pirates to feel that 3 hour drive up and that disappointing 3 hours back. Early prediction: Wood wins 42-20

Garaway @ Kirtland: No Bellaire this week. If the pirates can keep it out of running clock territory I’ll be impressed. I say Kirtland wins 55-20

Only one talking is you. Blabber blabber blabber.......

Round 2 playoff results:

Round 3 matchups:

While the IVC North was a disaster you have to give credit to the IVC South, Ridgewood, Garaway and SV all had very good teams this year. If you look at the region Sandy Valley was in they were probably a top 4 team in that region behind Kirtland, South Range and Garaway. The Cardinals hit some bad luck where they ran into Kirtland earlier than they should have but SV has a nice team they just aren't an elite DV team.

Now Garaway probably gets the same fate. Garaway might be a top 6-8 team in DV but unfortunately they are going to get knocked out in the round of 16. I think this will be a better contest but I'll take Kirtland by 21.

Ridgewood IMO is probably top 3 in the state. I think they win this week by 14+ and then we will see what happens in the regional final vs. Ironton.

Malvern - I'll apologize for being too harsh but the results of the IVC North aren't pretty. The league was non-competitive outside of league play and that included Malvern. Malvern was undefeated going into the game against a schedule that was a combined 14-39. They then played the 3rd place team in the Wayne County league and were non-competitive. I'm not sure what to say about that other than stating the obvious that the IVC North has a lot of work to do.

While the IVC North was a disaster you have to give credit to the IVC South, Ridgewood, Garaway and SV all had very good teams this year. If you look at the region Sandy Valley was in they were probably a top 4 team in that region behind Kirtland, South Range and Garaway. The Cardinals hit some bad luck where they ran into Kirtland earlier than they should have but SV has a nice team they just aren't an elite DV team.

Now Garaway probably gets the same fate. Garaway might be a top 6-8 team in DV but unfortunately they are going to get knocked out in the round of 16. I think this will be a better contest but I'll take Kirtland by 21.

Ridgewood IMO is probably top 3 in the state. I think they win this week by 14+ and then we will see what happens in the regional final vs. Ironton.

Malvern - I'll apologize for being too harsh but the results of the IVC North aren't pretty. The league was non-competitive outside of league play and that included Malvern. Malvern was undefeated going into the game against a schedule that was a combined 14-39. They then played the 3rd place team in the Wayne County league and were non-competitive. I'm not sure what to say about that other than stating the obvious that the IVC North has a lot of work to do.

That prediction didn’t go so well For Garaway. A buzz saw is a buzz saw is a buzz saw.....

Round 3 results:

Ridgewood- if you didn’t get to see this game you missed a classic. Tingle goes down 4 plays in. Speaks volumes of the team to battle through the adversity of losing your all-Ohio QB and still pull out a victory over a great Burg team. 13-10 wood as the wood train rolls on.

Garaway- the Kirtland buzzsaw strikes down another IVC team.

Round 4:

Ridgewood @ Ironton- here’s the rematch any wood player/fan wanted. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Don’t know how well we will fare without #2. I know Belt is A great athlete and with a week of practice under his belt, I’m sure he will be able to manage the offense just fine. Can’t replace #2 but I believe belt could start at just about any other IVC school. I know this team is motivated and will be ready to give the tigers their best shot. Everyone in SE Ohio is writing off the generals. I would not do so just yet. Can’t wait to see how the generals answer the bell.

If that is true, why did Newsome outplay Blair then when we beat you. It's a fact, dont like the facts, it's not the nerve it's the truth. What did blair do against Garaway put up 6 points and a garbage time.

Ridgewood goes down to Ironton for the second straight year. 17-7. I really think Ridgewood wins that game with #2. As soon as Ironton figured out the power formation there was no offense to be had. Defense played well but just got tired. Yet another impressive season for the Wood. To the kids I know it feels disappointing now but there’s thousands and thousands of kids across the state that can only dream of what you guys have accomplished over the last 3 years. You make everyone in the WL so proud and we love you all. With that the IVC football season has officially come to a close. So glad and thankful we got to play this year. Hopefully Covid is behind us next fall. Until next August, GO WOOD IVC CHAMPS 2020

(btw I think SV just jumped to #1 in the way too early power rankings of the IVC next year. Am I right?!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:)

Ridgewood goes down to Ironton for the second straight year. 17-7. I really think Ridgewood wins that game with #2. As soon as Ironton figured out the power formation there was no offense to be had. Defense played well but just got tired. Yet another impressive season for the Wood. To the kids I know it feels disappointing now but there’s thousands and thousands of kids across the state that can only dream of what you guys have accomplished over the last 3 years. You make everyone in the WL so proud and we love you all. With that the IVC football season has officially come to a close. So glad and thankful we got to play this year. Hopefully Covid is behind us next fall. Until next August, GO WOOD IVC CHAMPS 2020

(btw I think SV just jumped to #1 in the way too early power rankings of the IVC next year. Am I right?!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:)
After a nice write up about YOUR team, why end it with an idiotic statement?!?!?!?!

After a nice write up about YOUR team, why end it with an idiotic statement?!?!?!?!

I mean it was a joke, a mild one at that. But I guess Sandy was too so I guess I can see where it might have struck a chord. So so sorry☹. I am happy to see that SV picked up Girard after their playoff run was over for Blair to set some more records though. Some icing on the fruit cake of the 2020 SV football campaign.

I mean it was a joke, a mild one at that. But I guess Sandy was too so I guess I can see where it might have struck a chord. So so sorry☹. I am happy to see that SV picked up Girard after their playoff run was over for Blair to set some more records though. Some icing on the fruit cake of the 2020 SV football campaign.
Sandy ending their season the same weekend as wood with not even a sniff of a state ship for hugging bums ?

Sandy ending their season the same weekend as wood with not even a sniff of a state ship for hugging bums ?

And not even a sniff of an IVC title for the almighty Cardinals :LOL: better try and crawl back into the IVC north. Maybe you’ll be competitive again. Until then, just enjoy 3rd/4th place every year. Too bad you couldn’t schedule us again. Would have thoroughly enjoyed running your s*** stain program into the turf once more.

And not even a sniff of an IVC title for the almighty Cardinals :LOL: better try and crawl back into the IVC north. Maybe you’ll be competitive again. Until then, just enjoy 3rd/4th place every year. Too bad you couldn’t schedule us again. Would have thoroughly enjoyed running your s*** stain program into the turf once more.
Just another number you are, try again next year boy. ?

I present to you the “My team is dog s*** so I just wait for the team that housed us to lose to make me feel better” award winner. Mr(s?) Hammerman! Congrats!

I present to you the “My team is dog s*** so I just wait for the team that housed us to lose to make me feel better” award winner. Mr(s?) Hammerman! Congrats!
You can keep talking, doesn’t make you anything other than a blowhard, like you’ve been all year. Thinking you can talk to ppl and when you get it back you cry to mommy. Go lay down kid.