Newcomerstown beats C.V. 49-47
Indian Valley beats East Canton 59-48
Claymont beats Tusky Catholic 36-35
Hiland beats Tusky Valley 54-46
Ridgewood beats Malvern 69-63 ot.

IVC North Division Winners
Strasburg beats Buckeye Trail 50-33
Sandy Valley beats Garaway 65-52

Did anyone attend the Showcase? I went last year and it was kind of anti-climatic. Didn't seem like a lot of people were excited about the games. Did the Tusky Valley-Hiland or Malvern-Ridgewood games provide any atmosphere?

Did anyone attend the Showcase? I went last year and it was kind of anti-climatic. Didn't seem like a lot of people were excited about the games. Did the Tusky Valley-Hiland or Malvern-Ridgewood games provide any atmosphere?
The crowd was big all day it was good games all day there

I think Rosecrans has been getting sick and tired over the years of some shady officiating during tourney time. I could be wrong but I think a Hiland grad officiated a Hiland/ Rosecrans girls district final game and neutral observers who attended that game even said it was shady against Rosecrans. The coach's daughter from Rosecrans might of been a player on that team. Maybe they think they can avoid that situation by playing Hiland at home instead of a neutral location.
I have heard some hilarious tales coming out of ZBR fans over the years, and this one, unfortunately, isn't the most unhinged one.

But I believe you are referring to the sectional final at Claymont in 2012 when the Lady Bishops were ranked #1. I can guarantee you that none of the 3 officials, two men and a woman, had any affiliation with Hiland whatsoever. Hiland doesn't play ZBR much in the girls tournament, so unless you are going way back into the 90's, this would have to be the game.

You are correct that the officiating was abysmal, primarily due to the female ref who made some inexplicable calls. One example was that Hiland was down 1 and stole the inbounds pass. The Lady Hawk took 3 dribbles to the basket and was about to make the go ahead layup, when the ref blew the whistle from halfcourt - to give the ZBR coach a timeout. I have attended a lot of Hiland basketball games, and I can count on one hand the times I have ever heard any bad language from their crowd. After that call, Mennonite elders were saying things that they were embarrassed about later! But she was bad on both ends.

That was, to this day, the most physical basketball game, boys or girls, I have ever seen. None of the refs were going to call anything in the paint. On both ends it was pure brutality for anyone brave enough to try to get the ball down there. Because of that, both sides had plenty to complain about if they wanted to. At the end, Hiland was up 1 in OT but ZBR had the ball to take the last shot, and they got a good one - an 8 footer that went around the rim 3 times, hit the backboard twice... and rolled off.

But it just amazes me how 3 guys meet at the local breakfast diner, throw in what they saw plus what they heard, and what someone heard that someone heard, and come up with these narratives that become gospel to hundreds of other people. Lol.

I thought the Ridgewood and Malvern game had a very nice atmosphere. Was impressed with the crowds all day

Good for East Canton beating Minerva! I am a fan of the EBC, but have family in Berlin and have seen the Hawks play this year vs Malvern.. there is no doubt in my mind that Hiland would win the EBC this year and many previous . Malvern would also have league titles in this league.

Good for East Canton beating Minerva! I am a fan of the EBC, but have family in Berlin and have seen the Hawks play this year vs Malvern.. there is no doubt in my mind that Hiland would win the EBC this year and many previous . Malvern would also have league titles in this league.
what was the score?

I'm sorry, but you aren't winning the EBC this year. At least 3 teams beat you.

Wow - Hiland outscored Rosecrans 32-11 in the 2nd half for the 2-point victory! Nice job, Hawks!
Don't know, but I suspect the Hawks were not pleased about having been schemed into playing a sectional final at ZBR. They kinda played even in the first half, but then in the 3rd Hunter Sommers and Sam Haberger went off, they played great team defense, and they rebounded the heck out of the ball --> game over. They played like they wanted this game a little more than usual. Lol. ZBR poked a Hawk and turned it into an angry bear. Lol.

Congrats to Hiland on their win last night. Watched the game and didn't think they played their best basketball but found a way to gut it out down the stretch. Peebles had a nice team and hit some tough shots but Hiland made the plays down the stretch. Wood plays tonight. Wood will play their game in front of "limited spectators" due to the corona virus and players and cheerleaders are allowed 4 family members to attend and coaches are allowed 2. Hiland will have to play by the same guidelines for their regional final game later this week. Sad day for the fans and communities that follow these programs and can't be with them on their runs. Either way, good luck to both and hopefully their runs continue.