IVC Boys' basketball finals for 12/20:

Ridgewood 50 - Indian Valley 47
Hiland 68 - Garaway 43
Claymont 91 - Newcomerstown 40
Strasburg 46 - East Canton 33
Malvern 38 - Tusky Valley 37
Sandy Valley over TCC
Shenandoah 62 - Buckeye Trail 47

Both Sandy Valley and TCC tweeted out that Sandy Valley won but neither tweeted the actual score.

45-37 is the SV score reported in tonight's final scores thread.

Sponsored by our friends at Mt Hope Fence for all your fence needs! Check them out today!

IVC ? action for you on the #1 home for High School Sports!

One of the better games so far!

Watch Strasburg vs. TCC

Charlie Jones & Greg Triplett with the call.

The Manor Restaurant - Strasburg, Ohio POTG: Lucas Lindsay

Saturday December 21 IVC non League games

Hiland. 56-47 Fort Loramie,big win against Western Ohio small school power

Claymont 62-43 River View,the Mustangs are much improved team,this season

Newcomerstown vs Granville Chr.Acad.,not sure if this game was played or not

Hiland. 55
Claymont. 23
Hawks were without there hot three point shooting ace Will Schlabach sickness

Buckeye Trail 64
Garaway. 59 Pirates struggles continue

Big game this Friday December 27 as Malvern 6-0 plays @ Hiland 7-1 in holiday showcase at Hiland
in the first game that night at 6
Marlington vs Cinn. Harrison

Hhawk, I’m excited for that Hiland vs Malvern game. It looks like your Hawks have been playing good basketball lately and the Hornets are a very solid team this year with a lot of talent.

Hiland beat Malvern last night 58-45. Malvern led by 8 at halftime, but Hiland used an 11-0 third quarter run to help take control and then pull away in the fourth. Wouldn't be surprised to see two more meetings between these teams this season.

I'm not sure why Tucci didn't come back out to start the second half with there switching up on there defense,there in the second qtr they switched to a 3-2 zone,then a 1-3-1 zone,it had some of our young guards a little rattle, but Hawks made some adjustments in the second half , especially on the defensive end by putting Sommers to guard Hutchison,it was a very good move to slow him down,his drives to the bucket were just killing us in the first half,he might of had 13 points in the first half,held him to 6 second half, Malvern is a very good team this year,there going to be a handful by the end of season

the final was 13 points I thought the Hawks got a little home cooking with an 8 point swing in the 4th Hutchison is clearly knocked down on a 3 then a quick t on the Hornet bench Will makes them both then the Hawks make a 3 sure is hard to go in to Perry Reece center and get a win but if the Hornets can get Johnny Browning going they could be special

Sponsored by our friends at Buckeye Career Center check them out today!

BTS is your home for High School ? coverage in Stark/Tuscarawas counties!

An IVC showdown! Watch Garaway take on Hiland

Charlie Jones & Frank Polen with the call!

The Manor Restaurant - Strasburg, Ohio POTG: Samuel Habeger

Is the IVC going to move a couple schools around,then call it IVC big school division,then IVC small school division,is Sandy Valley and Tusky Valley moving to the South division,or make it big school,then move Newcomerstown and Buckeye Trail to the North division,or small school in all sports,is anything going to happen like this

Is the IVC going to move a couple schools around,then call it IVC big school division,then IVC small school division,is Sandy Valley and Tusky Valley moving to the South division,or make it big school,then move Newcomerstown and Buckeye Trail to the North division,or small school in all sports,is anything going to happen like this
yes starting 2020-2021 season

After watching SV play Strasburg last night the main problem with SV is they have all of the size, but zero discipline, nothing more than street thugs playing basketball. Anyone with access to Huddl, should watch the first few minutes, one kid sucker punches a Strasburg kid and knocks him out, and nothing is said or done. Karma wins in the end, I guess; that kid fouls out and the Tigers win.

Street thugs? I would like to say your adult fans are a bunch of idiots yelling terrible things to high school kid..and for the kid that was “knocked cold” made a miraculous recovery and was going wild on the bench the whole game..as for that he got bumped and fell down..you adult strasburg fans are nothing but idiots

After watching SV play Strasburg last night the main problem with SV is they have all of the size, but zero discipline, nothing more than street thugs playing basketball. Anyone with access to Huddl, should watch the first few minutes, one kid sucker punches a Strasburg kid and knocks him out, and nothing is said or done. Karma wins in the end, I guess; that kid fouls out and the Tigers win.
I would hardly call them a bunch of thugs one or two does not constitute a bunch i'm sure one was out of line and not reprimanded also I've seen first hand a few not a bunch of Strasburg adult fans can step over the line but there are some of those at every school that has ever been good

SV needs to make some MAJOR changes within it's hoops program, there is ZERO team chemistry & way too much individual . Also lack discipline, but i'd not go as far to call 'em thugs, that's as much a coaching problem.... IMO...... GO CARDS!!!!!

I’ve seen a few Sandy games. A lot of talent but as stated, they don’t play as a team. A lot of 1 on 1 and no real scheme that I was able to pick up on offensively. Defense was non-existent. Somewhat reminds me of watching an AAU team, not “street thugs”. Grow up.

Word on the street is the player from SV who sucker punched the Strasburg kid has been suspended 4 games and banned from playing in the Strasburg rematch. Not sure if this is coming from the administration or the coach. But when you watch the film, the coach is seeing this unfold; when the punch happens he puts his hands on his head and leans back in his chair just waiting for the technical to be called. When he realizes no ref saw the punch it was business as usual. Sad. This leads me to believe someone other than the coach made this call, if indeed true. Guess we'll find out Tuesday night.

Word on the street is the player from SV who sucker punched the Strasburg kid has been suspended 4 games and banned from playing in the Strasburg rematch. Not sure if this is coming from the administration or the coach. But when you watch the film, the coach is seeing this unfold; when the punch happens he puts his hands on his head and leans back in his chair just waiting for the technical to be called. When he realizes no ref saw the punch it was business as usual. Sad. This leads me to believe someone other than the coach made this call, if indeed true. Guess we'll find out Tuesday night.

If sandy valleys coach would of saw that he would of pulled him out immediately. He disciplines his players just like everyone else...maybe they should look at the film and they can see some strasburg fans making hand gestures to a high school basketball player.

Strasburg coach had to be held back after the game by his own players on the way to the locker room...very good example to show your kids as a coach and principal

This crap could go on ad naseum,everyone saw what happened and most takes are not identical. All the hot shots with the facts did not know what the offical told Sandys coach or if Sandys coach saw anything. Key board warriors tend to make their own versions up to fit their agendas. No where is any attempt being made to justify what happened,but the admins of both schools are capable at their jobs and will do the right thing. Spewing like ropeadope is doing only incites anger and bad will that serves no purpose.Again both schools admins are capable and professional let them do their jobs! Let actions be delt out on what actually happened and not word on the street! And most importantly praying the Tiger young man will be fine!

Being a longtime IVC guy I have to echo tuscos take! I dont know how any sane person could make a remark about Sandys coach like rope made,unless you absolutely do not know him. And no one sane could question Mr Spinell or his intregrity. The right thing will be done without word on the street facts! The involvement of the student is disturbing enough but adding adults throwing temper tantrums in full view of the entire gym or adult spectators hurling profanity filled rants in proximity of female students makes the whole night a disaster for high school sports. Again trust your schools leaders,they will do the right thing!!

On a much lighter note big game at the Wood Tuesday as Hiland 10-1 is at 8-0 Ridgewood, for first place in the IVS South Division