IVC- 2019-20

shaggy25

Who will the favorites be in the IVC North and South?
North looking like it will be between Malvern and Sandy Valley. The South will be Hiland like always.

Who will the favorites be in the IVC North and South?
North looking like it will be between Malvern and Sandy Valley. The South will be Hiland like always.
Agreed. Malvern will be very solid this year. Key players returning and a solid group of underclassmen. Sandy should also have a lot as you stated and should come down to those two in the North. As far as the South goes, Hiland will be Hiland. After that, I feel as if it is up for grabs. Should be competitive throughout.

Malvern will be the favorite. The addition of the 2 kids who moved in last year solidifies them as the frontrunner. Tusky Valley will be number 2. Sandy could be solid but they lost quite a bit. Strasburg has a another foreign exchange kid could be a difference maker.
TCC? Who knows what new additions they have. EC looks to rebound from last year. CV? i have no clue.
In the South? Hard to not say Hiland. What about Ridgewood? Isn't this THE CLASS everyone has been waiting for? Don't know much about the rest.

Will be curious to see how Ridgewood is as well. Didn't lose anything from last years team, went 14-8 but got knocked out of the tourney early by TV. "The class" has had a great run at Ridgewood thus far. Almost all of them play the three major sports and have had success in all of them. In football they made the playoffs in 16, made it to the second round in 18 and have clinched a home playoff game and poised to make another run in football this year. In baseball, they made it to the Regional Final game in 18 and lost in the State Championship in 19. They also made it to a District Final game in basketball during this stretch. This has been a special group at Ridgewood. We will see how they look come hoops this season but I am looking for them to be alright.

Last edited:
SV went far in the tournament last year and have a lot back this year. The point guard really broke out for them in the tournament becoming a special player and I believe he is just a junior. Coach O's son will be a senior. He hit a lot of big shots for them in the tournament.

Any scrimmages this week in the IVC? With 5 playoff teams I’m sure some may be pushed back a bit.

Just going by Arbirter... here are a few others.

Garaway has Shenandoah today

Hiland has Barberton and John Glenn today

IV has New Phila on Thursday

Was at the Hiland sscrimmage tonight,it was Barberton and Smithville instead of John Glenn, not sure what happened to John Glenn,Hawks look pretty good tonight,played 10 minute running clock quarters

I think Indian Valley had there nice run last two seasons,with those two great çlasses they had,they probably be down a little this season

Hawks have four returning letterman,the 6'7" boy looks much improved over last year, just trying to find a point guard to replace Andy Miller is not going to be easy

Andy Miller was a very good player, hard to replace a guy like that but as Hawk said, Hiland will be good per usual. IV shouldn't have much but I wouldn't count them completely out. Imagine they will pack it in and try to slow teams down to play at the pace they want to play at. SV will be good, lost the big Kelly but have a lot of talent from the outside, wonder how their defense will be without the big body clogging up the middle.. Malvern imo may be the best team in the conf. Just my early thoughts.

Andy Miller was a very good player, hard to replace a guy like that but as Hawk said, Hiland will be good per usual. IV shouldn't have much but I wouldn't count them completely out. Imagine they will pack it in and try to slow teams down to play at the pace they want to play at. SV will be good, lost the big Kelly but have a lot of talent from the outside, wonder how their defense will be without the big body clogging up the middle.. Malvern imo may be the best team in the conf. Just my early thoughts.
they also lost Tucci I thought he should have had the ball a little more than he did(SV)

Tusky Valley lost 7 seniors and return 5 varsity players. Then one letterman moved to TCC and one of the top freshman transferred to Garaway, so not a whole lot returning for TV.

Will be interesting, to see how Ridgewood will do this year, this is supposed there great class that is coming up, I see Ridgewood as more of a football school,there going to get a late start on hardwood, because the FB playoffs,by mid season they could be pretty good, but all comes down to any those BB players, that play FB to try avoid any injuries

I was wondering when it supposed to happen,that Sandy Valley is going to the South division and Newcomerstown is going to the north division, is other teams changing divisions

Will be interesting, to see how Ridgewood will do this year, this is supposed there great class that is coming up, I see Ridgewood as more of a football school,there going to get a late start on hardwood, because the FB playoffs,by mid season they could be pretty good, but all comes down to any those BB players, that play FB to try avoid any injuries
Will be interested to see as well. They made progress last year but still a long way to go. I believe of their 12 varsity hoops kids, 10 play football and have yet to step on the hardwood. I know they have already moved their first two games. With that being said, hope they can continue their run in football.

It would be great to see a IVC team bring home a state title in football, I really think the General's have a legit shots at it

Malvern opens against Toronto on Friday and Carrolton on Tuesday who are the other league teams playing

Last edited:
Hiland @ Toledo Chr. 11-29
Caldwell @ Newcomerstown 11-29
Southern Local @ Conotton Valley 11-29
Barnesville @ Buckeye Trail 11-30
Claymont @ Carrollton 11-30
Strasburg @ Smithville 11-30
TCC @Steubenville Catholic 11-30
Tusky Valley @ Lake Ctr. Chr. 11-30

Saw some scores over the long weekend, Claymont lost, Strasburg lost, Buckeye Trail lost, Hiland lost, Malvern won. Those were the only ones that I saw. Rough start for the IVC schools. I think I saw Garaway pushed back their opener as did Ridgewood. Ridgewood will now open up with Garaway on the 10th