IVC 20 - 21

Who knows what the future holds but hoping everything stays as is and we get a basketball season. Football has been going very well in the IVC with guidelines and all. What all does the IVC have coming back on the hardwood this year? Ridgewood lost some key players but will have Tingle, Patterson and Hamilton back so should be a solid team again coming off their regional appearance last year. Hiland will still be Hiland and have plenty of fire power. I expect Garaway to be much improved being as young as they were last year as far as the south goes. Malvern will be the dominant force in the North I will presume with all they have back. Looking forward to another year of IVC hoops and good luck to all

How will the changes of TV and SV going to the South and Buckeye Trail and Newcomerstown going North affect their divisions. Will any teams be able to make an impact?

I think Buckeye Trail should move up in the league standings , by moving them to the North Division, but I think it's Malvern in a run away, South Division could be real dog fight,I could see the South Division champs, with as many as two or three losses

Doesn't matter if it's Boys Or Girls basketball, it starts and stops with Hiland

Last edited:
How will the changes of TV and SV going to the South and Buckeye Trail and Newcomerstown going North affect their divisions. Will any teams be able to make an impact?
Tusky valley should have a nice team, they have some real talent with their underclassman. Dont see how SV can be great. They have back the Evans kid who is a very nice player but not a ton of help after that in the skill department now. Buckeye Trail has a great guard in the Rome kid, he will just need some help around him.

I have no clue what central will look like and will be interested how they do with a new coach at the reigns. They will not win the IVC North. Malvern is going to be a force and I dont see anyone giving them a run for that

Central's coach is bringing 2 sons with him 1 of them may have played varsity at Philly to go with 3 jr's who have been starters from their freshman year they are going to be very good but I'm also expecting the Hornets to be really good they return 2 guys that barring injury and covid complications will go over 1000 points plus 2 6'5 juniors that can score on the heels of a 22 win season

I'm not one hundred percent sure on this, but I thought I saw in write up of one of Hiland's soccer games,or either it was a miss print, but they may have gotten a transfer from Zanesville Rosecrans it was one of there good guards from last year's team,he was a jr.i know they had 8 or 9 seniors on that team, anyone know of this, if it is true for sure

I'm not one hundred percent sure on this, but I thought I saw in write up of one of Hiland's soccer games,or either it was a miss print, but they may have gotten a transfer from Zanesville Rosecrans it was one of there good guards from last year's team,he was a jr.i know they had 8 or 9 seniors on that team, anyone know of this, if it is true for sure
Josh Merva? He didn’t leave Rosecrans.

Central's coach is bringing 2 sons with him 1 of them may have played varsity at Philly to go with 3 jr's who have been starters from their freshman year they are going to be very good but I'm also expecting the Hornets to be really good they return 2 guys that barring injury and covid complications will go over 1000 points plus 2 6'5 juniors that can score on the heels of a 22 win season
Just got the story on the coach and his kids this weekend, you are right. The one son is a heck of a player and will help them out a lot. No reason they cant have a very solid team. Will win a good amount of games just dont think that gets them passed Malvern in the North.

Projected standings for the north
1.Malvern- returns a lot of size in browning and minor and have hutch back should have no problems
2.TCC- a lot of guys back a ton of experience add the Sabin boys and heaston from Dover that came in last year they should be pretty good and compete with the best and if they win it won’t come as a surprise
3. Strasburg- return 3 starters I believe don’t have their big shooter from last year but return the kid who was suspended for drugs should be a pretty good team because hall always has a good team but they’ll need to find their identity
4. Trail- not a very good low numbers but the Rome kid is pretty good they’ll beat up the bad teams and compete alittle with the big dawgs
5.CV- normally pretty bad but return everyone obviously gonna finish ahead of ntown
6. Ntow- ntown is just ntown probably not gonna be any good and will have a challenge finding a win

projected standing for the south
1. Hiland- idk what to say they’re just hiland and always really good
2. Ridgewood- return a good bit always pretty good tingle is a heck of an athlete and I see no reason why they won’t win
3’ Tusky valley- return a decent amount except for ray and gilland but they’ll still be a tough team to beat and they’ll compete
4.Claymont- lose 2 starters shouldn’t be bad at all finished .500 last year which was way better than what they should’ve finished lose their big inside and will probably try to shoot Milburn is a tough guy to stop if shooting well
5.Indian valley- see it’s interesting Bc they weren’t very good last year at all but they do have a solid freshman class idk if anyone will play but they can compete I could see them over claymont
6. Sandy- football school now lost offenberger and Kelly all they have is Evan’s and he can’t play a 1 man show

Projected standings for the north
1.Malvern- returns a lot of size in browning and minor and have hutch back should have no problems
2.TCC- a lot of guys back a ton of experience add the Sabin boys and heaston from Dover that came in last year they should be pretty good and compete with the best and if they win it won’t come as a surprise
3. Strasburg- return 3 starters I believe don’t have their big shooter from last year but return the kid who was suspended for drugs should be a pretty good team because hall always has a good team but they’ll need to find their identity
4. Trail- not a very good low numbers but the Rome kid is pretty good they’ll beat up the bad teams and compete alittle with the big dawgs
5.CV- normally pretty bad but return everyone obviously gonna finish ahead of ntown
6. Ntow- ntown is just ntown probably not gonna be any good and will have a challenge finding a win
Where do have East Canton to finish in the standings

What about Garaway,where will they finish in the standing,in the South Division
My bad thanks for noticing, I see garaway anywhere from 3rd to 5th they have a lot of younger guys who are good and gained experience last year even tho they weren’t a normal garaway team.

Where do have East Canton to finish in the standings
East canton and Connotton can be interchangeable maybe East canton ahead of trail just depends what happens I’m just guessing all these based on prior knowledge we will see when the season kicks off we are just under a month away from tip-off

My bad thanks for noticing, I see garaway anywhere from 3rd to 5th they have a lot of younger guys who are good and gained experience last year even tho they weren’t a normal garaway team.
I look for Garaway to be much improved. They should be able to score it and have the athletes to push transition.

Garaway will have almost everyone back and for the first time in a while the football players will be able to start basketball on time.
Strasburg will be a surprise team in the north. It sounds like they have been practicing every single day since their season ended and will be ready for the season.

Garaway will have almost everyone back and for the first time in a while the football players will be able to start basketball on time.
Strasburg will be a surprise team in the north. It sounds like they have been practicing every single day since their season ended and will be ready for the season.
I wouldn’t call strasburg a surprise they are always good team and can win the division if malvern slips up and they can easily beat tcc if tcc doesn’t show up

I wonder if the Cleveland City Schools are cancelling there basketball season, this school year, because Hiland was scheduled to play Cleveland East Tech, now I see where the game is cancelled, they have played them last two years

Hiland had a three team scrimmage this morning at 10am at Hiland ,West Salem Northwestern and Barberton,of course it was closed to the public,they say this Barberton team is really loaded this season, would have been interesting to see how the Hawks held up against them

Hiland had a three team scrimmage this morning at 10am at Hiland ,West Salem Northwestern and Barberton,of course it was closed to the public,they say this Barberton team is really loaded this season, would have been interesting to see how the Hawks held up against them

Sounds more like a 4 team scrimmage?