Is Youngstown East going to be the real deal this year?

Saw East at a 3 way scrimmage at the WATTS against Farrell and Hickory. BIG step back! I'll give East a slight advantage over Hickory. Farrell scored on East 3 times and shut East down on offense.
East had strong lines last year. Not this year. As was already mentioned their top skill guys are Cowboys now. I can see Chaney going 7-3 with their schedule. I'd be stunned if East wins 5 games

Although to answer believe what I c question- Chaney and East total have over 100 kids. So the days of all the talent fleeing to open enrollment and local privates have slowed considerably

Although to answer believe what I c question- Chaney and East total have over 100 kids. So the days of all the talent fleeing to open enrollment and local privates have slowed considerably

A colleague told me the local newspaper/website said Chaney had 82 kids out for football

Heard Ursuline is going to be 100% better because of the program/positive attitude the new Head Coach (Reardon) is bringing

A colleague told me the local newspaper/website said Chaney had 82 kids out for football
Yeah Amill is quoted in the vindy at 82. No official numbers for East but the eyeball test puts them around 40. So 122 or thereabouts for the city. Great numbers and it seems the programs are doing a better job keeping these kids. A few years ago all the Volney Rogers league players would talk about is which school they were going to play for (practically everywhere EXCEPT East).

Saw East at a 3 way scrimmage at the WATTS against Farrell and Hickory. BIG step back! I'll give East a slight advantage over Hickory. Farrell scored on East 3 times and shut East down on offense.
East had strong lines last year. Not this year. As was already mentioned their top skill guys are Cowboys now. I can see Chaney going 7-3 with their schedule. I'd be stunned if East wins 5 games
How is it that these transfers from east are eligible to play the whole season? Any insight as to how or what transpired?

I have ZERO idea where these kids live. But if the kids that played for East last year lived in the Chaney zone, wouldn't they be eligible immediately?

Where does the school divide, obviously the west side will go to Chaney and the east side goes to east, but what areas does the split occur in terms of the north and south sides

As others have said, East lost a ton to Chaney. One of these two schools is bound to float. The other will sink to the bottom.