Is there a list of fastest XC times ever recorded for OH runners?

Thanks to Ram On, two small corrections have been made and Clute's 17:17.4 win at Centerville this weekend have been added to the all-time list. See earlier in the thread.

The boys' sub-15 list has been updated to reflect Connor Ackley's 14:45.6 win in Tennessee this weekend, moving him to #5.

The boys' sub-15 list has been updated to reflect Connor Ackley's 14:45.6 win in Tennessee this weekend, moving him to #5.
What is interesting to me is there are only three times on there not done by seniors, and those were juniors.

The fastest time from Zach Kreft, only appears there once and at the same race in 2017 with Horter's PR. Horter has 6, Zegarski 5 and Jordan 4.

Girls' list has been expanded to sub-17:35 performers.
Jaylee Wingate from Norwayne ran a 17:15.10 at the Wayne/Holmes Invitational
Megan Hipple from McDonald ran a 17:17.80 at the Legends meet.

that d3 girls race at state is gonna be a good one

Jaylee Wingate from Norwayne ran a 17:15.10 at the Wayne/Holmes Invitational
Megan Hipple from McDonald ran a 17:17.80 at the Legends meet.

that d3 girls race at state is gonna be a good one
Ms. Wingate & Ms. Hipple have been added to the all-time list (earlier in the thread).

Paige Steinke of Anna ran 17:19.90 at Anna Invitational on Saturday. That makes 3 of the top 4 times in Ohio D3 runners.
Paige Steinke (Anna) has been added to the list with her performance at the Rocket Invite @ Anna this weekend.

Paige is the perfect example of stringing together consistent off season training. Each off season she did a little more, building off the previous season and it’s off season. This fall she has seen a large drop from the almost 2 years of training year round. I saw the same progression from Hayden Schmidt at Anna. No special workouts, no short cuts, just doing the work.

I waited till most of this weekend's conference meet results to be posted before posting updates to the all-time lists.

Here are the top 50 girls to-date. Additions are:

#30 - 17:30.3 - Efa Paschka (Mason) @ GMC this weekend
#33 - 17:32.1 - Evelyn Prodoehl (Lakota West) for 2nd at the Anna Rocket Invite on 8 October (I missed that last week)
#44 - 17:35.0 - Sunni Olding (Minster) 17 Sep 2002
#44 - 17:35.0 - Faith Duncan (Lebanon) 23 Sep 2017
#46 - 17:35.2 - Gracie Sprankle (Olentangy Liberty) @ State 4 Nov 2017
#47 - 17:35.5 - Madeline Chambers (Rocky River Magnificat) - Nike Midwest Regional 15 Nov 2009
#48 - 17:35.7 - Allison Guagenti (Olentangy Orange) @ State 5 Nov 2016
#49 - 17:35.9 - Annie Heffernan (Cincinnati St. Ursula Academy) 20 Sep 2014
#50 - 17:36.0 - Amanda Burger (Lakota West) @ State 4 Nov 2006
#50 - 17:36.0 - Mary Kate Vaughn (Dayton Oakwood) 24 Aug 2013
#50 - 17:36 - Chelsea Oswald (Walsh Jesuit) - Foot Locker Midwest Regional 15 Nov 2008

The boys' list has been updated to reflect another sub-15 run (14:56.9) by Connor Ackley @ the OCC-Central this weekend.

The boys' updated list is now after Ackley & Rice's performances at Nike Midwest Regional.

Last edited:
If this is the #2 GMC performance all-time, what is the meet record?
My source tells me that Lindsay Zinn of Lakota East ran 17:28 in 2000 but not at the GMC meet. Since we don't have a venue nor an exact date, it can't be added to JAVMAN'S ranking. Zinn did win state in 2000 in 17:42

Last edited:
My source tells me that Lindsay Zinn of Lakota East ran 17:28 in 2000 but not at the GMC meet. Since we don't have a venue nor an exact date, it can't be added to JAVMAN'S ranking. Zinn did win state in 2000 in 17:42
We shall track it down.

The girls' all-time list has been updated with the addition of Clute's 17:25.1 win at State. No other changes noted in either girls' or boys' respective lists.

Now onto the regionals & Nat'l championships!

Attachments

• Women's All-Time Cross Country Lists.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 62
With Ackley's performance, he now moves to #1 on the all-time XC 5K list for boys. Rice joins the crowd @ #20. Congratulations to both.

Attachments

• Men's All-Time Cross Country Lists.pdf
    18.9 KB · Views: 45
This year has been fast. No doubt the lack of rain the past two months in Ohio has made courses unusually fast. All-times lists have been affected on both boys and girls sides. I'll put out two updates this season. One after next weekend (Sep 30) races, and a final year-end all-time list after the end of the season in early December. Javman83 is on the job.

This year has been fast. No doubt the lack of rain the past two months in Ohio has made courses unusually fast. All-times lists have been affected on both boys and girls sides. I'll put out two updates this season. One after next weekend (Sep 30) races, and a final year-end all-time list after the end of the season in early December. Javman83 is on the job.
🥰

I just played a round of golf this weekend, and I was driving distances I haven't seen in 20 years. The ground was so hard I lost a good 6-8 balls due to the balls bouncing out of sight.